Renewable Energy General - /rng/

1st edition 2019

>Videos for Newfags
youtube.com/watch?v=gJsrSBm8QCA

youtube.com/watch?v=1kUE0BZtTRc

youtube.com/watch?v=2XWIiS6M_-g

>Latest News Stories
forbes.com/sites/dominicdudley/2019/01/11/china-renewable-energy-superpower/#270c2beb745a

houstonpublicmedia.org/articles/shows/bauer-business-focus/2019/01/11/317627/will-renewable-energy-soon-replace-coal-in-texas/

power-technology.com/news/new-renewable-energy-2019/

greentechmedia.com/articles/read/spains-renewables-industry-applauds-payment-scheme#gs.TPI9rHsW

>Ongoing Topics
TBD

Attached: voices_energy_numbers_main-760x378.jpg (760x378, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KaeSGZu_KlA
youtube.com/watch?v=bcjYwxrUERg
youtube.com/watch?v=z_QS2fZrGuY
youtube.com/watch?v=tMJHMtYEu-Y
scmp.com/news/china/science/article/2181396/how-china-hopes-play-leading-role-developing-next-generation
youtube.com/watch?v=3v3sQlyxWVc
youtube.com/watch?v=9c1C4xuKdSU
youtube.com/watch?v=rq24TyXMC24
maltainc.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=uJaHhxGymRA
newsweek.com/china-superpower-geopolitcs-renewable-energy-transformed-1289092
insideevs.com/electric-car-owners-wont-return-to-gas/
youtube.com/watch?v=68A_HPYGdlk
youtube.com/watch?v=kR5gefU87TY
youtube.com/watch?v=568iDYn8pjc
youtube.com/watch?v=d9HrmhJAyDs
youtube.com/watch?v=u_K1URyarE0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump for interest

THORIUM MOLTEN SALT

Good one, that oughta trigger the frackfags over at PragerU

Speaking of which...

youtube.com/watch?v=KaeSGZu_KlA

youtube.com/watch?v=bcjYwxrUERg

Is there any science with these videos or are they just a bunch of pop references that people have latched on to?

This is less normie and more to your liking.

youtube.com/watch?v=z_QS2fZrGuY

youtube.com/watch?v=tMJHMtYEu-Y

According to the South China Morning Post, Thorium Molten Salt is one way in which they hope to lead the next generation of nuclear energy.

scmp.com/news/china/science/article/2181396/how-china-hopes-play-leading-role-developing-next-generation

fusion is a meme

It will be far too expensive to ever become viable.
>but...but...the fuel is free so who cares about pouring trillions into maintenance?
wind and sunlight is also free, nobody says they mean cheap energy.

fuck solar and FUCK wind

Attached: file.png (940x628, 793K)

More over, you can charge your phone with Solar Panels, unlike with Fusion.

youtube.com/watch?v=3v3sQlyxWVc

Too bad POTUS, being a frackfag, had to tax the tits out of them like 18th century British tea (hence the Boston Tea Party, and then 1776). Lol i trigged Jow Forums by stating that.

>Lol i trigged Jow Forums by stating that.
If someone can't critically understand their elected officers, they don't have the intelligence to vote and must not hold office ever.

So at what point does this start reducing my electricity bill?

Not quite finished with the second video, but it's interesting viewpoint about the construction and red tape necessary for these plants.

Attached: images.jpg (242x208, 9K)

The instance you start generating your own electricity.

youtube.com/watch?v=9c1C4xuKdSU

Can't put panels on my room user (multi-unit building), and my understanding is that without a big subsidy and feed-in tariffs those take over a decade to pay themselves off, especially if you don't live somewhere sunny.

bump

What about outside, on your rooftop?

Attached: solar-panels-640x427.jpg (640x427, 101K)

I work for a non-Chinese Tier 1 module manufacturer, AMA

Did you know, a German Car Manufacture by the brand name of Sono Motors mad a car covered in Solar Panels?

youtube.com/watch?v=rq24TyXMC24

Spread the word and trigger the MAGAfags.

Attached: image.jpg (1440x810, 127K)

My country has 3 big nuclear power-plants which provide a total of 60% of the electricity used in this country. These were built in the early 1980s. They are government owned and run.

Political consensus is that we can not build new nuclear power plants because NUCLEAR POWER BAD. We also don't upgrade or properly remain the plants we have because NUCLEAR POWER BAD. We have made great efforts to move to renewable energy sources the last decade and we've managed to cover about 4% of our country's energy use this way.

I absolutely agree with the simple fact that nuclear power is very dangerous and therefore kind of bad in this country. We don't want to build newer safer ones. The reality nobody in the ruling parties want to accept is that we can't actually replace 60% of our power-use with anything else and what is not locally produced by nuclear is to a large degree imported coal-produced. So we go on using old, unmaintained and increasingly dangerous nuclear powerplants.. Not accepting the reality that we need nuclear power is dangerous.

Nuclear energy can be quite skubby after all.

Attached: Skub_comic.gif (900x300, 48K)

it will never go forwards considering the fact that you need an insane amount of silver pipes

NUCLEAR GANG GANG REPORTING IN

FUCK YOUR RENEWABLE SHIT

I will give solar the status of honorary as I run off grid solar and it just werks.

Will hydrogen cars or electric battery cars be the future?

Don't forget to subscribe and click like!

I like the idea of thorium but i'm not gonna pretend I know enough about it to promote it

Neutron-induced fission using uranium-235 releases about 200 MeV on average per reaction ad DT fusion releases on average 17 MeV per reaction.

The difference is density of fuel. If you have 1 gram of uranium fuel, and one gram of DT hydrogen fuel, the hydrogen fuel will have a higher amount of atoms in it (roughly 120x more). Because the DT fuel has a higher number of atoms, there will be more reactions per gram of fuel. And the more plentiful reaction count means that more overall energy will be produced per unit weight of fuel.

>renewable
Into the trash it goes

Attached: big bad graphite boi.jpg (750x354, 70K)

Those are pretty nice if as advertised. 30km a day.

>hey let's put fragile solar cells on car's most vulnerable places, it will generates 2-3 kw per day and add shitload of money into final pric
Krauts, when will they learn?

Google Project X spinout:
maltainc.com/
New energy storage modality using molten salt to store solar or wind energy.

Tell me when it works without gov subsidies. I'll be a believer then.

When will we ever get the laptop sized nuclear reactor for our homes?

When they start selling like hotcakes.

Scotty Kilmer seems to think so.

youtube.com/watch?v=uJaHhxGymRA

>/rng/
Should it not be /reg/?

>GANG GANG
>reddit spacing
Go back

Should consider that for 2nd edition, THX.

Here is NewsWeek's latest on topic article

newsweek.com/china-superpower-geopolitcs-renewable-energy-transformed-1289092

Found an interesting article pertaining to Electric Cars.

insideevs.com/electric-car-owners-wont-return-to-gas/

NUCLEAR NIGGERS
>NUCLEAR NIGGERS
NUCLEAR NIGGERS
>NUCLEAR NIGGERS
NUCLEAR NIGGERS
>NUCLEAR NIGGERS

This was back in 2013...

youtube.com/watch?v=68A_HPYGdlk

We have not heard much from Laser Power Systems ever since.

Think of all the Nuclear Powered Vehicles we could have had.

youtube.com/watch?v=kR5gefU87TY

Because it's bullshit.

Thunderf00t Agrees

youtube.com/watch?v=568iDYn8pjc

Who remembers the Solar Charger for the Nintendo Game Boy?

youtube.com/watch?v=d9HrmhJAyDs

After watching zondag met lubach I realised that nuclear, how dangerous it may be, is still better for humanity if shit blows up ever couple of years than to continue using coal.

It's going to be too expensive due to all the exotic materials that they'll need, they won't be able to solve the graphite core problem, they'll never get approval for the protactinium pumping system, they'll never get approval due to the proliferation possibilities, they won't be able to solve the corrosion problem, they won't be able to afford all the Lithium 7 they need (not that they will be able to get it, seeing as how it's used in nuclear weapons), and the reactor will never be competitive with solar power

Why not dismantle the Nukes, and recycle for Power Plants?

If you were in a standoff with another person, guns pointed at each other, would you put your gun down if the other person pinky promised that they'd lower theirs as well?

I love Scotty, thanks for this. Very informative

Nuclear is the future dumb hippies

All this shit is a waste

what we should be looking into is Zero Point Energy

we have it today if it wasn't for JP Morgan being a greedy cunt faggot

Attached: nikola_tesla_napoleon-sarony-public-domain-via-wikimedia-commons.jpg (943x1200, 140K)

Found these charts on Rational Wiki

Attached: Rational_Charts.png (731x1108, 112K)

isn't it obvious that the most efficient use of solar energy is to use hybrid solar/PV panels? why aren't we doing that? also, I wonder if hybrid concentrated/PV (as in, panels would have to reflect sunlight not absorved/converted by them) exist.

oh, btw, I was going to post this:
youtube.com/watch?v=u_K1URyarE0

Wow, 1kw of panels that will MAYBE collect a kw/h or two a day, at 300wh/km that's, what, 10km? If left in the middle of Australia?