95% of the DRAM market owned by only 3 companies

>95% of the DRAM market owned by only 3 companies
>very slow technological advancement because of this
>loads of scandals from keeping the prices high
>not truly a free and fair market since just 3 competitors basically

Attached: 411F2594-98B0-494A-A977-FCAFD45A70F9.jpg (220x210, 13K)

not video games

is 8gb enough for vidya?

well buy hynix or micron if you dont like samsung. the cartel isnt going anywhere

you need ram to play video games

what about CPU's? lmao

no

No, you need at the minimum 16gb. 32gb is going to be the standard beginning this year to to 2023.

>buy chinese knockoff ram
>it works just fine

You're also ignoring that Moore's law is increasingly becoming irrelevant as our tolerances grow smaller and smaller. Eventually we'll hit a point where shit's so thin that bridging a current becomes untenable, and tech will stagnate as a result.

Hynix and Micron are part of the cartel moron. Hynix, Micron and Samsung own 95% of the DRAM market.

I run shit fine on my 8gb though.

No there are multiple games out there that will completely max out 8GBs of RAM.

this is not news and there are people fighting them but to be fair there is not much room for technological advancements with current chipsets

Why do we get idiots like this who always make this post? You never see them in the blatant off topic OPs that are about games in name only, you never see them in big fat shitpost fests, you never see them in discord threads, you never see them in reaction image spam marathons, but only here.
He's probably the same guy who bitches about games like RimWorld not getting relegated to /vg/.
Why are you so useless?

tech won't stagnate. developers will have to go back to actually optimizing their code and no longer will everything be coded by braindead pajeets

Chrome uses over half of that with a few tabs open. 16gb is the minimum in 2019.

>Meanwhile CPU's are controlled by 2 companies
>Still outclass every other component of a PC
I mean Intel vs AMD is as old as classic as PC vs Console or Nintendo vs Sony.

so you're finally learning why capitalism must be abolished?

>we could have affordable 128GB sticks of ram now if it weren't for smartphones
FUCK FORTNITE

Same could be said of the whole PC market in general. It's become so god damn expensive these days because of a monopoly between a few companies that it's just not worth it anymore.

i'm using 4.5GB of ram on windows 7 with 8 tabs open in chrome, 2 of them being youtube videos

and i also have firefox open with a couple Jow Forums tabs

Is there any game where 16gb is the absolute minimim to run it? I'm not talking about max settings or 1440p. Name a game that requires 16gb to run on medium settings 1080p.

And replaced with what exactly?

>8 tabs
okay grandma, have fun doing your emails!

Yes but devs expect everyone to build a new rig every year so it won't take long for these assholes to demand 16gb because they want to accurately animate a random NPC's pubic hair.

>about to update my bios for new cpu
>seems easy to do, just have to follow the steps
>but if anything goes wrong I accidentally the pc

Attached: 1386912558543.jpg (200x156, 8K)

>chrome
stop using pajeetware and RAM won't be an issue

If you have a no-break and common sense it should be allright.

As long as you don't pull the power, you'll be good.

if you have a problem with a oligopoly just make your own ram manufacturing business lmao

> he thinks the images and numbers on the screen float in magical video game bubbles

Communal Theocracy.

Attached: 250px-TempleOS_logo.png (250x188, 20K)

8gb is fine unless you're running an enthusiast build (read:1080ti or higher)

To 90% of pc gamers 8gb is more than sufficient

That's because Chrome is extremely allergic to touching the page file/virtual memory on the HDD.

i'm actively monitoring a filled uni class hoping to snag an open seat. i need multiple tabs to be able to quickly drop a class and re-add this new class i want

Pretty certain capitalism exists within a theocracy.

got a source on literally any of this?
If you’re building a new pc, you should spring for 16gb, otherwise hold out with 8 or 12 gigs and switch to Firefox for the foreseeable future

No, it's because chrome has every single tab running as a separate instance. It's to prevent slow down when opening the new tab. if I recall correctly chrome also runs every fucking add on as some sort of instance(?) someone correct me about that because that sounds wrong.

I'll have you guys know the dram business is perfectly legitimate and there is no unjust practices going on.

Attached: new year, new price fixes.jpg (1364x1220, 637K)

>and common sense

Attached: 1546889472453.jpg (651x655, 58K)

Attached: free market2.jpg (399x256, 19K)

statista or any site if you google dram market.

seriously, where do guys get these ideas? dram makers did nothing wrong

Attached: 1530831165182.jpg (1769x1329, 708K)

I spent $235 cad on 16gb(8gb x2) ram ddr3 1600 MHz. Yep.

Nah you're right. All addons are their own things.

>Want to buy an extra 16 gigs of DDR3 to make my old system server ready but to also give it a slight boost while I'm still using it
>140 dollars
Well, at least it went down from the 160 dollars, that RAM is literally 6 years old at this point.

i got 12gb of 1600mhz DDR3 for 110$
are y'all buying those overpriced gaymur RAMs?

what's no-break

UPS for you gringo

Maybe? It just has a heat sink.

Attached: 61nT-67hQUL._SL1280_.jpg (1280x436, 106K)

Post Scriptum, you can get by with 8GB but I had performance problems with that amount. With 16GB the game ran fine.

I"ll give you guys an update on dram in 2019. Prices are falling and should fall more especially by quarter 2 but don't expect them to go down too much.

Squad will use 12 gigs on the largest maps.

are you guys trolling? Literally just bought 16gigs 3200mhz like 1 month ago, working perfectly right off the box.
>imagine living in some third wolrd shithole

>monopolies aren't an aspect of a truly free market

Expensive ram prices effect third world shit holes much worse than first countries.

Use a DDR3 to DDR4 adapter, there is no need to buy new ram you fucking idiot.

Attached: the fuck.gif (297x312, 1.24M)

If it's a free market how come things cost money?

Attached: shirobako.png (419x551, 209K)

Watch out. There was a scandal recently where the top metal bars you see in that image were replaced with extremely sharp razor blades.

literally any generic DDR3 RAM can achieve 1600mhz, what are you even doing buying that overpriced crap

It's not overpriced crap if it can reach 2400mhz

Recent games require 16GB for acceptable performance

what the fuck r u smoking

Attached: 1286920764296.png (763x424, 22K)

Attached: YIKES.jpg (648x484, 58K)

I have 16gb and I don't think I've ever used more than 6 at a time

I'm matching the ram I bought five years ago.

and the one in that pic doesn't
good job with that post

(You)

epic post, you sure got me

Attached: file.png (723x898, 266K)

Try 2032. Even then, I don't think anything beyond 16 will be necessary, unless everyone follows google's example and optimizes like shit.

>He doesn't play japanese hentai games with 1000s of mods loaded on to it.

w

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH FUCK YOU MODS

Attached: 1519752738127.png (600x587, 362K)

hiya Jow Forums

Fuck off Xiang.

Tiananmen Square Massacre

June Fourth Incident
六四事件

No one gives a shit, Anglo.

Attached: IMG_20190112_034736.png (216x294, 100K)

JEDEC standards aren't actually controlled by Samsung/Micron/Hynix, user. Memory tech makes big advances all the time.

and 3 of the remaining 5% is nanya

Attached: nanya-2gb-ddr3-pc3-10600-1333mhz-laptop-memory-ram.jpg (800x800, 104K)

Wouldn't price fixing be good for the Chinese companies to come in and start taking marketshare?

>very slow technological advancement because of this
Is it really though? It's DRAM, it does the job it's supposed to do, what "advancement" do you want to see?

Its because startup costs are brutal.

Like what?

>spewing coreteks bullshit
Don't mistake electronics for technology you absolutely retard. Silicon has its limits, but there are plenty of other materials. And different architectures.

Nah 16Gb will be good for at least another 2 years.
Probably around the time DDR5 goes mainstream would be a good time to upgrade to 32Gb.

Where would you get that from.
I have been on the lookout for that for a very long time.