4 cameras

Why?

Attached: 5bbf803019090759447d5b23-750-375.jpg (750x375, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8sjhjFOw4Ok
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The only way I can fit my entire dick in one picture.

Four times better, duh

one is probably acting as depth of field sensor so software can blur background and others are probably used to combine/supersample taken pictures trying to get rid of noise or do some kind of "lossless" digital zoom.

still not as good as even the frontal camera on the first gen pixel lmfao desperate samshit

Why not ?

all the better to see you with, my dear

>can blur background

the question still stands, why? probably a niche use case I can't even name

Attached: index.jpg (310x163, 6K)

leica should put a radio chip into their products and btfo the gooks

shills
so NSA can watch you better

Because unlike dirty basement neets, other people take pics and upload it to snapchat, whatsapp, facebook etc for friends.

>social media posters
>niche
sure

Attached: thmbup.png (720x644, 189K)

Certain algos can be used to remove obfuscation.
ie; this
>so NSA can watch you better

4 > 1
t. Marketing

multi cameras on phones are actually the one trend that makes sense. What baffles me more about the S10 is the giant fucking dead circle on the display to accomodate a fucking selfie camera. Cant have any bezel or else the phone is shit! god forbid we just get rid of the camera entirely! I know, let's just put a giant punchout in the middle of the fucking screen! A few years ago that would make the device considerd deffective. imagine a clump of dead pixels that big.

True innovation would be removing the front camera in favour of a small screen on the back so you could still take selfies
The thought of a 100% screen to body ratio makes me hard

new nokia phone models have better front cameras than back cameras ":D"

This.

this already exists. there are also chink ones with slide out or pop out selfie cameras. But this is insane over engineering, and a waste of cost. Apple doing the notch I get. I really do. Samsung I can begrudgingly accept even though the S8/9 was fine, and now made worse. But devices like Oneplus 6 having a notch gives me cancer. 15 year old social media whores arent buying fucking Oneplus devices. I get that ternage girls are a large demographic and now even older women do sefies. and apple tries to ship Facetime for boomers. but nobody is using the fucking selfie camera on obscure android devices you have to buy online outright ffs. Those are all on iPhone or Samsung/Google at best.

Those cameras are cheaper to use vs using the higher end ones. It's marketing. It would be on the Note 9 if it was actually worth using.

>sticking a 720p screen on the back is over engineering compared to cutting a hole out of a 1440p one and adapting the OS to not display critical shit at that spot

>get top tier camera on small device for an arm
>social media sites still compress the fuck out of pictures
What's the point

no? it is over engineering compared to just getting rid of it. (or pop out I guess, which is the second least shit.) But you do realize you have to drive the display/digitizer and itll fuck with wireless charging, and probably NFC right? But mosty it is just not elegant. I dont want a god damned screen on the back of my phone. it is a stupid as fuck length to go over damned selfies. fuck it make them do it in the mirror again like the blackberry days.

I will wait for iPhone. I hope it will have 5 cameras and own Samshit.

Because normalfags have more money than sense
Same reason people will buy an i9 + high end graphics card to play fortnite and browse whatever normie social media the kids are currently using

In case one breaks, they can still spy on you.

>his phone doesn't have 4+ cameras
pathetic

>Smart people bought a $500 1800x +Vega 64 to do this.

To make viewer focus on what's important.

Attached: Pic670-0_rlt.png (1280x910, 1.71M)

1. Unless you're retarded and engineer it to shit NFC/wireless charging will still work
2. A pop up mechanism is prone to failure

I'd rather phones had no cameras at all but then they wouldn't sell well with normos and only cost $200, I'm with you but this is from the market's perspective

Software engineers here know just what kind of crazy stuff you could do if you had two or more cameras with *significant* spacing between them.

if you have a spyphone you are a normo consumer already

Not quite
There's a main camera for your all day photos
One, as you said, for blurring the background
One with 120° ultra wide lens
One with 2x optical zoom lens

Watch this and you'll understand youtube.com/watch?v=8sjhjFOw4Ok

at that point just buy a decent camera

To emulate DLSR or any decent photo camera where bokeh is just a thing that exists due to how optics works, whereas on phone this has to be emulated since focal length is way too short there