GAMES = BAD

GAMES = BAD
IMPRACTICAL RICING = GOOD

Attached: 1527494639806.gif (306x306, 61K)

we all know Luke is a retard

>guys I'm going to live off-grid because of how terrible the world is
>woah guys cool it with the pessimism
heh

The problem with Luke Smith is that he is just another Bryan Lunduke, Chris Fisher, Noah Chelliah, The Linux Gamer, This Week In Linux, DistroTube, or [insert person/YT channel name here]. All these people do is create near-vapid, surface level content that drones on for far too long and that which could be easily replaced by a search engine (or better yet, a manual).

They end up acting like gatekeepers and in some cases fulfill that role for newcomers. Eventually they use the power that their viewership/userbase gives them in an attempt to influence or change things (software projects, attitudes, whatever the fuck) so that they align with their malignant/misinformed beliefs. This results in drama being stirred up in software projects, derails the interests of "the community" (high quality software), and turns conversations that should be technical in nature into political ones.

Luke Smith isn't hated here because he is successful, but rather because he pontificates about a subject matter in which he knows little about while simultaneously behaving like he is an authority figure.

It's time for these e-celebs to be gassed.

>IMPRACTICAL
Well, he is an Arch user, so 'impractical' just kinda goes without saying...

He's the average Linux user who things everything in GNU (slash) Linux is great, even when it clearly sucks. So then he's forced to use an unproductive DE and take a lot of time to read the docs of some obscure open source project to determine in what format the configuration files are.

Don't let people put you down for trivial shit, user. That guy who shits on you for your hobbies, that's the guy who watches football everyday and thinks that's not wasting time.
Most of it comes down to how socially acceptable something is.

One thing you should NEVER waste your time on is what some rando thinks about your harmless hobbies.

Attached: cat-in-car-1050x700.jpg (1050x700, 76K)

WHAT I LIKE = GOOD AND INSIGHTFUL
WHAT YOU LIKE = BAD AND ILLOGICAL

>de
luke only uses wms doesnt he

this is why bisqwit is better

Nah he's only hated by contrarian spergs. He doesn't even do much "ricing", just hyper-autistic config tutorials to improve workflow.

>editing a few config files to do everything faster is impractical

Attached: brainletpit.png (1416x1600, 606K)

his shit isn't even riced
the fuck are you on about

Attached: 1502693535868.png (465x450, 275K)

>It's time for these e-celebs to be gassed.
/thread

>oh he touched muh gaymes
Fuck off, gaymes are for 12 years old

Except he openly admits his shit is just Ricing. In the videos. He’s liked here because he is Jow Forums, someone not actually involved in computing as a practice at all but uses overly complicated software and strokes his dick about it

What do you report this trash for? Advertising, spam or off topic?

Have you tried not talking out of your ass to defend an e-celeb because you're just as useless and vapid as "normies"?

>dude fuck bloat lmao
>uses a Python-based file browser

Luke has arrived to the thread bros

Mods wont do shit. Every time Luke creates a thread just make another one calling him a retard.

Luke is incredibly based and one of the best linux ambassadors on youtube.

he's going to use nnn with a few source code patches mark my words

>"The" community.

The point of decentralized system is for them to be decentralized and decoupled. No one has to listen to these people. If they have a following and you like them and their following, then they're not "your" community and what you have to say to them is rather irrelevant.

>youtuber making comments about things should be gassed but I superior anonymous commenter am totally legitimate and worthy of consideration especially in my opinion concerning who should and should not getting gassed

I mean that's a pretty cool story bro.

He's promoting Linux to the wider world of normalfags; he has probably gotten so many people to use Linux through his YouTube channel. Nevermind the specifics of what he says, the fact is that he is getting Linux o a wider audience and helping in expanding its userbase. As far as I'm concerned, he's a cool guy.

your newfag is showing
kys

I don't get it, he's mentioned he doesn't know shit about Linux multiple times, yet people like you get ass blasted about a projected ignorance of this all the time.
Hell, even if Luke didn't joke about his inadequacy consistently, why does it matter? Are you really such a self-centered cunt to judge people by their amount self-criticism/disdain OVER the messages they're trying to get across?
>behaving like an authority figure
I just don't get it, you must be deaf. He's very self-critical; not that that makes what he's saying any more valuable, but it does with your criteria.
This too
>your newfag is showing
>kys
Hmmm, something seems ironic here...

Attached: Inglourious.Basterds.2009.1080p.BluRay.x264.AC3-ETRG.Screenshot (12).png (1920x800, 1.16M)

This

pic related

Attached: nido.org_1527824657396.jpg (480x465, 30K)