Can we all just take a brake from tech and have a nice, comfy car thread?

Can we all just take a brake from tech and have a nice, comfy car thread?
What does Jow Forums drive?
How much do you like your car?
Do you even own a car?
What can we do to prevent newer cars from becoming botnets?

pic related is my 99 honda accord.

Attached: dwfegr.png (480x360, 479K)

Hilux Surf 1994 3.0TD KZ-TE manual transmission

Do most of the maintenance myself

Audi A4. Daddy bought it for me as present :3

2009 Nissan Sentra

Have had it since I was a teenager, didn't take care of it at all. Still drives whenever I need it to though

2011 Mazda 3, recently put a turbo in it.

Ford
5 years so far and still love it
yes
make sure if you buy new you buy one without the premium infotainment bullshit, if it's forced in the newer models, buy used and go aftermarket for botnet without control over critical vehicle systems

>'15 Impreza Premium
>It handles well around tight corners, but the HP output is damn near dogshit (148HP)
>Since June 2018
>Mine does have a color LCD head-unit but it doesn't have 4G LTE so It's contained

Pic related

Attached: 3n45t2w434.jpg (1009x1513, 1.32M)

i love that accord. my idiot uncle wont sell it to me. FUCKING BOOMER

>Do you even own a car?
MX5
>How much do you like your car?
Fucking love it, but keeping the rust at bay is a bitch.
>What can we do to prevent newer cars from becoming botnets?
Fuck if I know, most new cars are offputting to me for more reasons on top of that anyway.

Attached: AlwaysTheAnswer.jpg (1620x1080, 448K)

>falseflagging audi drivers
cringe and bluepilled

Attached: audi_e-tron_gt_4.jpg (1959x1102, 495K)

Attached: 6FDCA645-57D1-4D16-9E44-D9546316E9B0.jpg (4032x3024, 3.82M)

communist style 2006 Yugo 1.1l

No joke

Attached: 1987_Yugo_GV_Sport_(7407651462).jpg (800x600, 94K)

I have an srt8. Glad I didn't fall for the hellcat meme.

> own a car?
Yes, owned several in the past. First one was an AMC Hornet.
> what do you drive?
2011 Camry XLE V6, in white. Bought it from an older couple that didn't need two cars any more.
> do I like it?
Mostly. It's very comfy, quiet, reliable, and does 60 in around 6 seconds, which is quick enough. Sometimes, I wish for something sportier, but since 95% of my driving is commuting, performance doesn't play much into it.
Considering buying a second "fun" car.

Attached: looks like a fleet vehicle.jpg (700x525, 56K)

That sounds like something a jealous person would say.

I was a little salty because they announced the hellcat basically right after I bought it. But I've come to accept it, and I hear a lot more complaints from hellcat owners than srt8 owners. We all have FCA shit anyway.

Wasn’t me that posted that, but I think people who complain about the hellcat weren’t really prepared for what a handful it is. It actually handles itself way better than any car of that size should.

gay

I have a Civic of about the same age. I think that's old enough to not have any of the surveillance shit in it. It's the very opposite of exciting but it gets 40mpg and never breaks down, so I'm happy with it.

Probably nothing, since the fucks at the NTSB already made backup cameras mandatory, which means that all new cars have to have a video screen in them. Once that's mandatory, getting them to not make it essentially a smartphone - with all the spyware that smartphones come with - is gonna be a losing battle. There was just a thing on slashdot today about how automakers smell revenue and want internally-facing cameras. The next mandatory-safety thing is gonna be some distracted-driver warning system where it looks at your face and tracks where your eyes go and annoys you if you look away from the road for more than X milliseconds. Oh and if the automaker can then know in real time not only the position of the car but that the driver looked at a particular store or billboard, plenty of marketing vermin will pay a lot of money for that.

So yeah, basically I'm going to have to make that Civic last the rest of my life, or stockpile a few old cars. I don't much like working on mechanical things like cars (as opposed to electronic things like computers) but I'm probably going to be forced to be my own mechanic by the spyware industry, just like I have to be my own sysadmin. Fucking hell.

I drive your mom.
I mean, she drinks fuel a bit heavy, and the shocks are a bit worn out, but that just make her more fun to bag hard on.

>Do you even own a car?
no
rip out electronics

I just had my track car ('02 C5 Z06 fully stripped, caged, and rebuilt entire driveline now) getting an alignment and balance yesterday. I need a new wheel bearing and a full fire suppression system before I actually do my first legit wheel to wheel race. Our local race organization is full of old people, so it's going to be a blast beating a bunch of old fogies, but me and my friends are new blood, and it's going to be a challenge. They run hardcore BMW race setups, but I have the power advantage :3

Attached: 23432de5-bc8b-4866-a2e4-c01396871105.jpg (1600x1200, 263K)

Well, it isn’t 45’ long and only makes 650 lb/ft instead of 1000, like yours, but it will have to do,

Also, while I was at this guy's awesome alignment shop, his neighbor, a Porsche specialty shop, had this fucking Porsche 959 just chilling outside a bay. WTF!? This car is worth about $2.5mil! I asked the guy if it was a 959, and he jokingly said, "Oh, yeah! Wanna take it for a test drive?"

Attached: c1f919f2-5b33-41b7-b390-972d23f172a3.jpg (1600x1200, 265K)

2003 Jetta
I love him, but he's not long for this world.

2014 Corolla Le
Yes, had under 54k on it when I bought it last year. Considering I live in the city and I stay mostly in it for daily stuff car should last me a long time. Plus it's kept in a garage both at home and at work.
This is my 5th vehicle.

Dunno about the botnet thing. When the day comes some smart hacker causes a car to crash killing the occupants/others then that's when you know we're surely fucked.

Is that bird shit?

Nothing worse than american muscle with a ricer wing

If that's a kit car it's the most accurate one I've ever seen.

>>Being this retarded about aero

$1300 CF APR wing that produces 600lbs downforce @ max AOA @ 160mph? You realize a real race car needs aero, right? I have side skirts, front splitter, and I need to do some underbody work for laminar flow too.

I ride an electric motorcycle and drive a 02 Toyota tacoma

I was right near Manhattan Beach, CA. Most likely is a legit one. He had a lot full of specialty Porsche cars being worked on. It was ridiculous. I did see another one in the wild at the Aliso Viejo cars and coffee meetup once before. There is a ridiculous amount of money in southern CA.

Pics of bike and color of truck lets go

>600 lbs on the trunk lid

Great looing car. I love the classic round headlights.

Yep. It's mounted to where the rests of the lid are on the body. The trunk lid is dented down a bit on the mounting area. It'd probably be more optimal to get one that mounts to the rear bumper frame, but that's just another $1500 for a wing and cutting on the bumper that I can't be assed to deal with right now.

Nothing too fancy.

Attached: IMG_20180107_142226.jpg (4048x3036, 3.26M)

2016 Scion FRS

Bother included, but I fucking love the car.

Attached: 963218C6-8710-4819-BE1F-286D78486CE9.jpg (1536x1152, 223K)

hit or miss color

nice lah

>Car thread
D E J A V U

Attached: images (21).jpg (739x415, 27K)

I'm about to purchase my first car, actually. Not quite sure yet, but I'll probably go with a Peugeot 207

Attached: S0-modele--peugeot-207.jpg (2048x1536, 431K)

Why would I own a car? It takes me 6 minutes to skateboard to work.

I don't even know how to drive, shit's gay

beito desu ne

>I don't like something, I also don't like gays
>That something = gay!
Please, do pic related

Attached: kys.png (533x766, 228K)

if it makes you feel better about selling your kidney for a car I was joking.

Literally boomer™ the car.

Pic related, probably the most Jow Forums related of anything posted so far. I don't have that much to say about it - it just werks.

Attached: Bolt-EV-Shock-Front.jpg (640x480, 47K)

>Want to drive a EV
>All new cars are botnet

looks gay

>the 2nd millennium, age of the Patriot act, PRISM, mass NSA surveillance, automation, and always-connected electronics
>driving a vehicle with any form of electrical control over the engine

gross desu. switch to mechanical fuel injection and call it a day. do yourself a favor and swap to a manual while you're at it for the ultimate /disconnected/ vehicle

Attached: 15-55-35-gikbvmpsclkrasv9wuh6.jpg (800x476, 62K)

Yeah pretty much this. Fuck the NTSB and their bullshit. To be fair, I rented a 2018 Focus over the summer and they put a small rear camera screen near the speedometer. Too bad they still had a crappy infotainment system.

My 2007 Civic has physical buttons for HVAC and radio, but Honda has gone off the deep end after 2010, so when my car hits 200k I don't know what I'm going to do.

I can afford a car thanks to my job
Your point?

Wealth is fungible. You are still giving up the equivalent of a kidney for it.

>I don't know what I'll do at 200k
preventative maintenance - replace major wear components in engine and transmission such as gaskets, rings, seals, clutch packs, etc.

then clean, rustproof, and drive another 200k. if you don't drive like a jackass your car will last a long goddamn time

But, muh environment

...........why not just put tape or some shit over the cameras?

Yeah, my bolt ev has a LTE modem. If you cancel OnStar it's theoretically disabled, but I still should find it and rip out the SIM. Also, unlike a Tesla, you don't gain any nice features in exchange for the botnet - there's no navigation, nor any semi-autonomous driving features.

It does use android auto / carplay, which is arguably better than a built in nav system as it doesn't go out of date immediately.

Truck is a white single cab bike is a zero fx don't have picture right now

>Single cab
you better go off road with that.

my civic just hit 150k. a few years ago I started driving like an old lady for just this reason. Well, and because gas was expensive at the time.

>unlike a Tesla, you don't gain any nice features in exchange for the botnet - there's no navigation, nor any semi-autonomous driving features.
it boggles my mind how many people can't get around their own home towns without turn-by-turn navigation these days, but what I really wonder is why anyone cares about half-assed semi-autonomous features. Full autonomous driving is different - yeah, it'll definitely be a botnet, but at least it'll be a really big feature you're getting in exchange. But shit like lanekeeping and adaptive cruise control is fucking worthless. The killer feature for a self driving car is to be able to get falling-down drunk, get in your vehicle, and say "Okay car, drive me home now", and then wake up in your garage the next morning. If you have to be awake, sober, and paying attention to the road, what's the point? You might as well just do the driving yourself.

Little 4 cylinder. Still completely stock

>But shit like lanekeeping and adaptive cruise control is fucking worthless.
Have you never driven on a highway in traffic?

>dem disgusting lines
thats a horrible fucking car, srsly. Not even anti-porsche or shit, that (early 70s 911 Targa? w/e) in foreground - thing of beauty. CGAF what 'its worth', 959 is just an ugly bastard POS in comparison

>gayjot

French? Not even a blowjob.

this but with a 2.0 liter engine swap

Attached: 1519399350547.jpgbro..jpg (638x362, 66K)

Saw a Bolt at a car show, and looked at the Volt quite a bit, but wound up with a Model 3 myself.
Its a lot of fun to rocket around town with, and is a good deal more practical to get around with than the Bolt is at the moment thanks to Tesla's charging network advantage.
Only complaints are the fact its not a hatchback, and its a bit larger than I really like.

Make it about 25% smaller, give it a hatch, plaid cloth interior, keep the all electric drive train, 0-60, and range and it would be literally perfect.
If VW make an GTE/R version of their ID line I might switch if their charging network catches up.

Attached: V0Xrx0U.jpg (3264x2448, 851K)

Yeah, I'll admit I have a bit of buyer's remorse for not getting a M3. The CCS charging network is garbage. That said I still paid a lot less than a M3 so eh.

I did several times a week for years and I still don't see the point of that shit, because like I said it doesn't handle things to the extent that you can take your hands off the wheel or stop paying attention to the maniac in the other lane. Its a neat trick but it doesn't actually relieve you of any bother. It does the stuff that becomes reflexive second nature anyway, while still making you be alert and thinking, which is the real effort involved in driving in traffic.

Yeah, the LR Model 3 is at too much of a premium price compared to the other long range electrics that are starting to pop up especially now with dual motor AWD forced. The standard range which could be priced to match the Bolt meanwhile has taken way too long to appear with the base version unlikely to show up until well after the tax credits have completely expired.

So I bought in to the Mid-Range model. Which still has a little bit more of what I wanted (namely 264 mile range) and figuring that the bigger tax credit of getting in before the end of the year would offset the lower price of waiting longer for a base model without the luxury stuff I didn't really need. Only about 2k more than the 'premium' Bolt, or about 5k more than the standard one once you've added necessary stuff like DC fast charging.

Thought that was my car. I drive a 2002 Accord

based datamining posters

2018 Civic hatchback, 6 speed manual.
Just got my passengers side mirror blown off by a late merger when I was jumping into the express way.
Fuck.

we do have /o/, also
>What does Jow Forums drive
2000 miata, used to have a '97 as well
>How much do you like your car?
it's pretty good, fun af
i honestly don't know and i'd argue it's probably too late

nice, rust is the reason i got rid of my last one as well

Attached: mx5s.jpg (779x888, 271K)

5.9 Cummins 12v with NV4500 master race?

Land Rover Freelander

2011 Accord coupe. 3.5L V6 -271hp
has paddle shifters :D
but it needs a software update to make it stop switching VCM (variable cylinder management) on and off rapidly, wearing out my oil pressure switches and burning my oil. I got a warranty so it should be covered.

Once i pay it off I'm gonna put an m90 blower on it...sticking right out of the hood.

Attached: 1546192092219.jpg (4032x3024, 2.29M)

Locked down proprietary bullshit.

Honda Civic

Attached: bmwe9.jpg (1200x800, 827K)

Abarth 595 Yamaha Racing Edition.

Had it for a couple of years now and its still fun to drive.

Attached: _20190112_233511.jpg (2159x2211, 1.47M)

Are there any new non-botnet cars?

rare e34 bimmer
dont want to share model

muh man!

2012 Ginger GT86 here (UK)

rugby a shit

Attached: 1544831244066.jpg (500x481, 26K)

I got a used benz just like this for pretty cheap, like $4000.

best part is that someone rear ended me and put a small crack in it and the insurance reimbursed me for like $3000 because its an old mercedes

Attached: img02689-20121231-1436[1].jpg (2048x1536, 392K)

Yeah, though its better than living in Coventry.

Subaru B4 Legacy, Twin Turbo. 85k km on it, no issues at all. Got it for $2,500. Amazing car.

Attached: 2018_1216_11222000.jpg (1776x1184, 878K)

used to own a 2002 pontiac grand prix, loved that thing but I really had no need for it

sup Jow Forums. I finally got a 6 figure job but I also realize that buying a car is a fuckhueg money sink with very little value added past the $10k cost mark.

Any have a suggestion for the best (used) cars for under 10k? Im thinking a 10 year old lexus or mercedes

what does Jow Forums think of the lexus ct200h?

looks tiny. all my short friends have small cars and I can never fit inside them

you can never go wrong with a Lexus LS

what kind of car do you usually fit in well enough? are you a land whale by any chance?

no, I'm just 6"6

I fit pretty well in trucks and larger SUVs/crossovers

92 Camry green with rust colorations

love this car
yummy diesel

Attached: WP_20140915_002.jpg (3552x2000, 2.31M)

Mercedes and german luxuryshit are nice but generally money pits. get a Lexus

how is a used lexus any less of a moneypit than a european luxury? Brand new they are definitely overpriced, but the price drops off really fast as they get older, so after 10 years the price averages out