Anyone have any experience with AIO coolers? Are they worth it over a good aircooler like the Noctua NH-D15...

Anyone have any experience with AIO coolers? Are they worth it over a good aircooler like the Noctua NH-D15? Or are they likely to break down and leak shit all over my PC?

Attached: 81R8EeUyGsL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x651, 105K)

AIOs are not a meme if you get a large radiator and mount it to the front as an intake.

But if you mount is as exhaust or get a cheapshit brand then it's a meme.

>Or are they likely to break down and leak shit all over my PC?
I bought a refurbed h110 a few years ago, and used it on a few amd builds that still works. The cooling was actually impressive to me, and I'd probably still use it on my newer builds if I could find my old amd heatsinks to replace it.

I hope you're getting the nice Chromax covers they have for the Noctua coolers now.

Attached: asdf.jpg (1280x720, 70K)

Do you want zero fan noise? Because this is how you get zero fan noise user.

I'd rather get be quiet! than fork up a premium for no reason other than color. Noctua is Apple tier in this regard.

I'm considering the corsair 500D SE and the AIO would look good with all the RGB fans

I wanted the Noctua but as said, it's a joke that you need to pay extra to make it look good. The Dark Rock Pro 4 looks much better, is cheaper, has almost the same cooling and is a little smaller, meaning it has better RAM compatibility. So I'm really trying to decide between the H150i or the Dark Rock Pro 5

Attached: 500DSE_Rain.webm (1920x1080, 902K)

Most of them have shitty fans. Corsair H115i/H150i RGB Pro are good in this regard as they come with silence optimized ML fans. I went from NH-D15 to H115i Pro and I'm happy with it. Liquid is very slow to warm up so your fans run quiet most of the time. Just make sure they are controlled by water temperature, not CPU temp. ie. let the cooler control them.

Leaks aren't really a common problem anymore. Only potential problems that I can think of are:
1. potential pump noise. Shaking the cooler might remove it (air bubbles and shit). My unit is quiet
2. if you run a heavy load for a long time, the liquid will take a long time to cool down. Your fans may therefore run faster for a longer time as compared to air coolers

Bro has the X61 Kraken and I'm sporting a NH-D15
I'd say both are about equal in performance, but the Kraken is loud as hell while my fans are inaudible for 90% of the time.
Also the problem with AIOs is that the pumps are often total dogshit and can be very noisy.
I'd say that just get a top notch air cooler or go for an actual custom cooling loop if you want liquid.
At least that way you'll get a better performance than air and the parts are higher quality.

I had two high-end 240mm AIOs both of whom broke and I'm on a cheap 360mm CLC right now.

Thanks, I've decided to go for the Dark Rock Pro 4 which means there is no point getting RGB RAM since it would be hidden by the cooler

i've had a corsair h90 for over 2 years now and never had an issue with it. my cpu never goes over 55ยบ C, not even during the summer while encoding x264. overall couldn't be happier, but my next PC will be on air because of the fear of having a leak

Attached: CW-9060013-WW-Gallery-H90-001.png (1200x1200, 414K)

I didn't think they were worth it until I got into overclocking. It's addictive and AIO's can help you get more out of your chip even vs a Nh-D15

I got a $25 AIO on sale. Onlything that really annoys me is it requires 2 3 pin slots instead of 1.

it will get you mad pussy guaranteed

>Are they worth it over a good aircooler like the Noctua NH-D15?
Depends on your case and the average ambient temperature, I'd say.
AIOs are better in smaller cases and in places with higher ambient. Otherwise it's pretty much the same and depends what you can get for cheaper.

Also I wouldn't worry about leaking, these things seem to last quite well, I still have one running 5 years latter.

Attached: 1547224780129.jpg (1280x1807, 290K)

>AIOs are not a meme if you get a large radiator and mount it to the front as an intake.
Wouldn't this basically blow all the hot air from the radiator back into the case?

But that doesn't matter because the CPU won't be using that hit air anyway. Don't know about the GPU but yeah.

I'll be changing from a 240mm AIO from 2013 to a Dark Rock Pro 4 on my new build this year, but what CPU are you going to use? I mean, do you really NEED or WANT the extra cooling and cost of an AIO?

I have a Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.7GHz on 120mm AIO. Idle 28C, load 35C. No meme

Attached: 4 and pro.jpg (1277x619, 106K)

>insulating your cooler will make it cooler

Threadripper 1950x on Enermax TR360 AIO here, AIOs are not a meme if they are done right and especially if they are installed in large cases and you have a huge radiator. My setup can get down as low at 17*C @ 4ghz and load temps are under 50*C, unless I do some fuck shit like Prime95.

based. my threadripper is set up like this

My radiator is above the CPU, big ass case, I've posted it here before, so I don't have those problems, but my setup also is so efficient there isn't much hot air coming off that radiator even at full tilt.

If you have a hot room in general and expect your AIO or any cooling apparatus to work, you are in for a hell of a surprise. Unless you are using phase change you are still going to have high temps.