It seems like lots of people on Jow Forums have jobs

it seems like lots of people on Jow Forums have jobs.

Tell us any stories from your work place or any secrets we should know

Attached: chadvoiduser.jpg (2448x3264, 2.11M)

oh look! the faggot shaves his body!

lol, I don't got no job

who is that?

Why hairy boobs though?

>fresh informatics (sorta like CS and IT for amerifats) female graduate joins team
>mid 20s, hair dyed red, trendy clothes
>tries her hand at the backend, repeatedly pushes to be let handle a db migration
>fucks up, client site offline for like 12 hrs
>boss didn't fire her, took the blame himself and transferred her to web front-end team
>last thing I heard she isn't even writing code there, only does mockups in photoshop

most new condos, apartments, offices, etc have piss bottles in the walls. Plumbers/electricians/carpenters who are in there first, without a running elevator yet, and working on the 16th floor or some shit, will just piss in a bottle and put next to a stud in the wall. The drywallers come through and they're like "fuck this shit, Im not touching that", and drywall over it.

The only place Ive seen being built where people respected that rule was at a childrens hospital, because its a fucking hospital for sick kids and they put a ton of portapotties on the roof.

>t. not a plumber, electrician, carpenter or drywaller, different trade but I see that shit every day

>Be me on a graduate scheme
>Doing rotations, get to apply to any teams in org
> Apply to team that seems to be doing ML stuff
>I actually know a decent amount about ML and CompVision
>Figure out this team knows FA and literally just copies tutorials from PyImageSearch and claims as their own work
>FML gotta get out of this shit hole

pics or it didn't happen.

Network/system administrator for a web hosting company, AMA

what do you do all day.
How is their security

She hot tho?

> Cont.
>Also discover team is mining crypto on expensive PC's bought for ML workloads
>One of the machines starts randomly bombing out when colleague is trying to run tasks.
>Get asked if I done something to machine
>"No, but do you know someone is using the machine to mine crypto? maybe that's damaged the machine"
> "Yes user, but that only happens during non working hours"
This is the level of competence I need to deal with

>Tell us any stories from your work

Well I once had to sort this mess out.

For extra fun, each switch port was configured to a static MAC. If you plugged the wrong cable in the wrong port, the port would be disabled.

Managed to get it right without messing up. I had only zipties at the time.

Attached: IMG_20140311_100633608.jpg (1456x2592, 1.09M)

I once turned off the company firewall by accident, causing an outage of absolutely everything. Had to frantically call the DC again for them to boot it.

Many moons ago I banged a 30 y/o secretary at some client's office. I was 18 at the time. Ah, the good days.

Once passed out in the server room from low blood pressure, didn't hit the floor head first because I hit the wall head first. That was unpleasant.

Went out with a bunch of chicks from the office in the past too.

Saw my absolute crap boss get fired after being a retard in a meeting with his own boss. That day was a good day.

I'm sure I ought to have more tales but I can't remember any.

Attached: IMG_20140801_135536400.jpg (1456x2592, 1.2M)

Ive never really thought to take a picture of a piss bottle, but if I see one I'll be sure to post it. Im not saying the walls are just filled with rivers of piss either, but there's definitely the odd piss bottle(s) on every floor somewhere. Also lots of coffee cups. Half the time I'm in a lift or swingstage doing external work and don't really go inside the building much, but you hear about piss bottles/empty coffee cups being left lying around A LOT at the site safety meetings

Ah yeah of course. Dildogate.

We once went on AliExpress and started buying dildoes addressed to each other at the office.

All of sudden we had 5 dildos in our workspace and the head of HR sends me a slack message asking "What the hell is up with the dildos?"

Apparently I look like a dildo guy.

We now have them in a drawer and only throw them around in very specific occasions.

Attached: IMG_20181205_135040.jpg (1920x1080, 228K)

Mostly Python and Puppet
My main projects are
>Automatically suspending users when they send spam messages, e.g. when they have forms without captcha or they have passwords that are brute-forced
>Building and managing DNS infrastructure (made a mistake that took all nameservers offline for ~15 minutes)
>E-mail security (SPF, DKIM, DMARC, that stuff)
>Detecting abuse, storage is unlimited, but putting a backup of your NAS on our servers is not fair use
>Managing BGP and peering sessions for our AS, doing some traffic engineering
>Migrating internal things from IPv4 to IPv6
Security is not too shabby. Customers' sites run in their own private containers and can't access anything on the host.
All basic systems are in place. VPN to the network, then through an SSH jump host.
We run our own DDoS scrubber.
Hygiene around our own certificates could be better though. Everything just uses the same wildcard cert, which is stored in plain sight in our code repository

fucking kek

HR must be very laid back in your company. If that shit ever happened where I work, everyone would probably be called into after-hours meeting and all our cubicle would be searched with the perpetrators being put on suspension or being fired.

>started first real job as an ITSec Manager
>job description made it sound like being really demanding and having to work with different proxys, firewalls and linux server administration on a daily basis
>All I do is manage ACLs and radius accounts on a shitty web GUI when a ticket comes in and just idle the rest of the day

Please save me I am dying out of boredom

Attached: 5b74ecae1e104c3c6e78149049d3380414733db5c73c69e74503d08182a01984.jpg (569x700, 102K)

doing an internship as a data scientist at a telecomunications company. starting to realize that most people in my team dont know anything and dont do any work and just use big words to fool the business people into thinking they are doing something.

all i am doing is inputting data into a graphing visualization tool and making it send alerts if a value goes too high/low

You in the UK?

They're very chill yeah.

We had to tone it down after a school visit to the office. One of the students found a dildo somewhere and we became known as "the dick office"

Nowadays we get emails with red colored text to put away any "weird" things we might have at our desks before external visits.

The downside is that I'm paid about 20% below market average. Oh well. Can't have everything I guess, maybe I'll have a good review this Q1.

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-01-13-02h10m51s602.png (1920x1080, 1.61M)

no Australia

In the UK in a Telco Giant and I have the same shit, the Telco industry is a shadow of it's former self

BT a shit

Average at best, shitty tattoos, piercings and attitude put her in a definitively below average ranking.

Nope, Vodaclone

>those shitty insertions
lmaoing at that guys genetics

Attached: 1470616910035.png (500x547, 219K)

That's amazing. I'm legitimately curious to what you guys actually do.

Anyway, I wish you luck for your upcoming review.

>storage is unlimited, but putting a backup of your NAS on our servers is not fair use
Then it's not unlimited. "Fair use" has no real meaning, you simply don't offer unlimited storage, which is fine.

Attached: 20190113_022642.jpg (3264x2448, 2.18M)

Startups are hell, but they are also desperate enough to hire losers straight out of college, so...