Be rich

>be rich
>buy stupid looking watch to show everyone you're rich

Are watches the worst technology (after Apple)?

Attached: _105132920_watch.jpg (624x351, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DGAsib-4mCk
imgur.com/a/6CNO8
youtu.be/kWp6hZ-5ndc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No, they're neat little machines. There are far worse things, like luxury cars

>not preying on rich people to become richer

Thats why you get something like pic related that is well made, not too flashy, but not insanely overpriced either ($2500 definitely isn't cheap, but you can get tag's that are over $6000 easy)

Attached: carrera-calibre-5-black-steel.png (456x608, 40K)

This is the best watch to show off your wealth.

Attached: WAZ1119.FT8023_resize.png (1920x2268, 508K)

Just get a $5 watch from China. None of your friends will be able to tell if its $1000 watch or $5 from China.

They'll know when you get lead poisoning.

Gift some to your friends as well. When everyone gets lead poisoning, blame the takeouts.

Attached: eddie_murphy.jpg (1603x900, 71K)

Just watch this video and see the amount of skilled hand labour that goes into make high-end watches, and then you might understand why people spend so much on them.

youtube.com/watch?v=DGAsib-4mCk

The car is at least functional.

$2 watch will sell for $100+ in the west.

Attached: two dollar.jpg (1000x1000, 305K)

Attached: Patek-Philippe-Vintage-Stahl-y1573-1.jpg (1612x2020, 1019K)

so you're buying obsolete tech that costs thousands of dollars because it's harder to make? how is that not stupid?

no need to spend over 500

Attached: sarb033.jpg (955x637, 80K)

can you at least summon Father Gascoigne to fight cleric beasts with it ?

Do watches depreciate? I guess it's OK if a watch is 100k but is worth 120k in a few years.

This style of watch looks so bad in particular. Thanks for rehashing that in my brain OP. I think watches are useful, and some of them look nice. I've had the same $10 Casio for 12 years, but if I were a man that had to keep up appearances I'd get a nice one

Attached: MBandF-hm6-wrist.jpg (1520x1502, 532K)

I think you mean appreciate? Most depreciate. A rare few will appreciate based on company legacy and demand.
I bought pic related last year for under 400. It's discontinued and on amazon and seiya it's nearly 500 and that's only ~7 months time from when I bought mine for 100 bucks less.

Attached: SARB017.png (730x660, 1.84M)

it's like one of those bulgy-eyed pug dogs, except you can wear it around your wrist.

Thinking about copping pic related. Y/N?

Attached: HpUhaSu.jpg (1348x2048, 1.23M)

Luxury watches are essentially jewelry for men

>something well made
>posts a fucking tag huehue

Attached: 1528172968330.jpg (2544x4000, 865K)

This thread was not an invitation to start spamming watches, you insufferable pretentious faux-adults

Go jerk eachother off with your identical looking functionally inert jewelry on Jow Forumsmalefashionadvice

Seiko 5 is my goto.

>identical looking functionally inert jewelry
nobody mentioned a single apple product, cool your jets

Seiko's SARB series are designed for people who want the looks but not the price.
The truly expensive $3000 watches are for autists who care about accurate timekeeping and the engineering that goes into making such a device with purely mechanical components.

Does anyone in this thread own a phone? It tells you the time and takes pictures too. Why yall wasting money on this watch crap

>yall
Don't think i will fall for your tricks, reddit

The only watch that a sensible man should even consider in some sort of smart-watch or fitness tracker.

looks real nice, i'd get that

Neither of those are sensible. A digital watch with a timer function and an illuminated display is sensible

Tracking your sleep quality and heartrate during workouts is actually useful.

Wrist game is what makes the man

Attached: gbY1Qc0_0G-iuTl96fmBkF74aQ3yI2aKeUfxlrRu5UU.jpg (2982x2699, 926K)

I’m from the deep south, not reddit. Even in this third world country do we have better time keeping tech.

I wear a 15$ used timex

>pay thousands for exquisite handcrafted swiss watch
>a 10 dollar quartz keeps better time
lmaoooo

>he paid more than $3 for his watch

Attached: Mickey_Mouse_Ingersoll_watch_1933.jpg (152x350, 15K)

sending all of that information to the cloud is not

Honestly based

nice clock, can pay $3 (not)

Watches are obsolete now that everyone is carrying a phone in their pocket.

we can tell your age user by the lack of tradition youre exhibiting.

Nothing wrong with (real) luxury cars, they are comfy.
What is retarded is driving around in a racing car or an off-road vehicle.

You're not interested in automobiles if you prefer a luxury vehicle to an off roader or sports car. You should not speak on these things normie.

>apple is technology
lmao

Do you think when you're rich enough you will develop some sort of standards?
Like $10 watch or $200 smartphone won't cut it anymore?
I'm a poorfag so I really don't understand it.

You're not interested in automobiles either.
You just want to jerk off over some carbon fiber or some big tires.
Or pretend a motorway is a racing track.
Or pretend a motorway is a trail.

All you're doing is making your drive less comfortable to show off how "fascinating" and "interested in automobiles" you are.

That explains why they're priced so high
it doesn't explain why anyone buys at those prices

No.
I was a poorfag and now I make 100k/year.
There's no reason to change what works for you.
Having said that, even as a poorfag I never compromised on things that I wanted.
If I wanted anything, I would save up money to get the best reasonable device, because I already knew that if you buy cheap you end up buying twice.
Having more money just means that you don't ache about bad decisions as much.
Disposable income gives you room to breathe and experiment with failure, which gives you a sense of freedom.

>spending 500 to do what your phone does

Partially it's that. A $200 watch is probably only 10 or 20% better than a $10 watch. Huge waste if $190 is a lot of money but if you are affluent enough it can be worth it.
Really though watches are just fashion items. You buy them specifically for conspicuous consumption so the other rich guys you hang out with can see how expensive your watch is

My phone straps to my wrist so I don't have to slowly and conspicuously pull shit out of my pockets whenever I want to check the time?

Only if it's free as in free beer.
Leather ages like women.

You don't need to spend $500 to do that.
Good job trying to save face by hiding the fact you're overcompensating.

Because there are people who appreciate the unbelievable level of craftsmanship those goes into handmade watches. They are the most finely made handmade mechanical objects ever created by human beings.

>watches

They are. All of you watch lovers are doomed to suffer paying for
>AFFORDABLE LUXURY

imgur.com/a/6CNO8

I regularly go to trails and tracks. I have an Accord for a commuter vehicle and keep my play vehicles stock and well maintained.

>not paying thousands for exquisite handcrafted japanese high accuracy quartz watch and become a time lord

Attached: dwehh9xzacr11.png (468x324, 226K)

Orient makes sexi watches for a reasonable price. Why not

all a man ever needs is something like a Casio A168

Attached: 1519393381020.png (500x529, 73K)

>tag hueheu
bro no

>Electroluminiscent
Enjoy your irreparable light dying out some day

I have the same face with a rubber band. It's lasted me over 10 years. Casio makes a good watch.

only if you're a child and constantly use the light. the quality is better than led.

I've gone through two deployments and showered with my watch for over 10 years. I barely take the damn thing off. You have been misinformed.

for now

the light, not the watch

>Implying it matters when shit costs maybe $50 for the steel one and lasts at least 20 years

But spending 1000 for the same thing is fine?

This must be the most retarded statement I've read so far in 2019.

Attached: 1542906409640.jpg (240x219, 16K)

Wear a fucking shirt and lose the gut, iFag.

Attached: 1547345475163.jpg (211x319, 20K)

What a waste of talent that could be used in medicine, aerospace engineering and whatnot. Instead they make overcomplicated garish Ben 10 watches.

dubs confirm seiko as the best value watches

Attached: 20190113_130929.jpg (1836x3264, 757K)

Sounds like you need to go to plebbit.

>be poor
>buy a watch to appear less poor
That's how mafia works.

>watch thread
>lots of unwashed obese monstrosities who buy their clothes from Walmart not understanding why you would buy an expensive watch
I buy it for status and because I think it looks good, nothing else.

Attached: 324255445.jpg (377x351, 20K)

See

>I buy it for status and because I think it looks good, nothing else.
So you're literally no different than people that buy Apple products.

Yeah, but only low and middle class retards buy cheap electronic toys for status. My watch is actually hand made by an artisan with very good materials and craftsmanship, not some mass consumption electronic device made with similar materials by some chink in an assembly line.

Not that it matters that much, like I said it's mainly about status.

Literally (as in actually) nobody cares about watches in the real world unless they're a Rolex.
Quit deluding yourself.

>apple
>technology

Idk how the hell he got it in the first place, but my father told me that I’m going to inherit his Audemars Piguet watch. Even the base model of one of these is over $10,000, easily going into $40,000.

I’ve seen it a few times, and it is quite beautiful. Watches are a testament to time honored technology, shit that works for ages.

youtu.be/kWp6hZ-5ndc

Attached: 798F8D58-C2FB-44FC-BEFF-E8F9821BF465.jpg (900x900, 135K)

>Even the base model of one of these is over $10,000, easily going into $40,000.
So, cheap?

I'm sure you also think the same about expensive clothes, right?

Eh, one of the midgrade ones is worth my savings account, so I guess not XD

Pfffft , i can almost picture you saying this to someone in real life, you are just as dumb as someone buying "designer clothes"

> b-b-but it's hand made

Believe me user, only people who care about clocks will give a fuck in the first place, try not to be so insecure about your status next time, maybe they'll finally buy it

How common are watch knockoffs on Amazon?
I've seen some dubious prices

See Keep telling yourself only people that are insecure about status wear expensive stuff though, I'm sure your cargo pants and sneakers don't affect people's perception of you.

You think nice looking clothes are made from more expensive materials, or that designers clothes are actually one of a kind?

Hear me out, I'm not saying cheap out on clothes or clocks, but there's a point here you stop paying quality price and you start paying stupid-tax

Clothes objectively don't look good because of their price so what you say makes no sense, even more so if you're a man, you can also just grab any shit you like from the internet and have it custom tailored

Not too uncommon for cheap fashion watches, e.g. MVMT etc

You're soft and your wife is sleeping around

This. Normies can't tell apart $10 watches from $800 ones. Maybe the status conferment matters in certain work domains like finance, sales, etc. where people are autistic about oneupmanship, but even then status does fuckall when you are as porky and softwristed as
Most watchfags are overcompensating, same as any other pseudoaesthetic consumer device. Glad they've been cast to /fa/

no need to spend over 10

Attached: MQ-24-7BL.jpg (1200x1200, 120K)

Maybe if you never go outside.

no need to spend over 30 bucks for a hard drive.

>not buying a aethetic superior manual vintage soviet timepiece that goes on for over 30 years and counting
got this one from my father who got it sometimes in the early 80s on a trip on the other side of the iron curtain. part of my daily fit.

Attached: raketa.jpg (4032x3024, 578K)

based terrorist

>owns an accord
Apex kek

Like having a maxed out pc for just browsing 4chin

>art has no value
Go away autismo.