Have you read this, Jow Forums?

You don't write a shitty code, do you?

Attached: images.jpg (386x499, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

softwareengineering.stackexchange.com/questions/355203/what-happened-to-the-surgical-team-pattern-from-the-mythical-man-month
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Would you read a book written by a "painting expert" who has never actually painted anything significant in his life?
A book with a 50-page chapter on paintbrush hair, on why people using this type of strokes are idiots and you should instead always strike from left to right, etc.

Clean code is a very good read if you work with an object oriented programming language(although you can use the information with pocedural languages) and it teaches an introduction to properly managing code. After programming for a while, often I found that the main problem with a project was expanding beyond my limited original vision. I highly recommend all programmers at least speed read it.

I don't think you should apply the rules to everything but they certainly are useful in some situations, at least in my experience

I'm pretty sure it's the only code I write.

how to spot a codeposer by asking them if they read it: the book

laughing hard at these angry zoomer codecamp developers shitting on this actual useful book
cry more snowflakes

I think I actually read this. But the fact that I'm not sure shows how little usefull content there was in it.

redpill me on this book Jow Forums
is it as essential as the hivemind says?

how to spot a retard: says a book is shit but cant name better alternatives

Based Martin

This. This is a legendary book, in the same vein as GoF, but just like design patterns, the ideas set forth in this book can be misapplied by mediocre programmers.

It's not a bad book, but it should all be common sense desu.
The fact that an entire book had to be written about this stuff is mindblowing.
Hell, an entire chapter is dedicated to using good NAMES.

It's a book by boomers, for boomers.

>not understanding that reading this nonsense instead of the TCPL or SICP makes you the retarded zoomer

I found more use in the companion book "The Clean Coder", but this was definitely useful.

(((agile software)))

>Agile Software Craftsmanship
Wait for my book "Clean Mechanics - A Handbook of Chivalrous Four-Stroke Engine Alchemy"

Those books are written by IBM boomers who stopped programming in the seventies to sell consulting and books. Craftsmanship is the most pretentious way you can describe programming, even worse than "software engineering". I have yet to see any company do "agile" beyond "we stand up ten minutes every the morning and ship broken crap every week".

>"agile" beyond "we stand up ten minutes every the morning and ship broken crap every week".
literally me and my buddies at work lmao

>I have yet to see any company do "agile" beyond "we stand up ten minutes every the morning and ship broken crap every week".
That's the majority of what agile is. Remember: there's only 12 steps to agile, and many of them are self-referencing and highly abstract.

"Agile" is meaningless snake oil.

>I have yet to see any company do "agile" beyond "we stand up ten minutes every the morning and ship broken crap every week".

Woah buddy you're talking about my livelihood.

Why can't we start a movement to have programmers called surgeons?
We've already tried to steal the prestige of engineers, architects and craftsmen, but I think doctors and firemen are also prestigious professions too!

>implying they haven't tried already
softwareengineering.stackexchange.com/questions/355203/what-happened-to-the-surgical-team-pattern-from-the-mythical-man-month