Telephone companies are selling your real time location!!!!!

What does Jow Forums think about this?

Was Stallman was right all along?!

Attached: 1547358914455.png (597x799, 409K)

Other urls found in this thread:

motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/nepxbz/i-gave-a-bounty-hunter-300-dollars-located-phone-microbilt-zumigo-tmobile
google.com/amp/s/splinternews.com/if-you-have-a-verizon-phone-you-may-be-able-to-sue-the-1793847681/amp
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That has been public knowledge for years.
I've become part of the botnet except when doing "problematic" things on my libreboot debian thinkpad

we must liquidate them somehow but without replacing them with a government that does the same thing.

If it's being shared only with bounty hunters or law enforcement then I have no problem with it.

>tfw no one will ever request your location

>nuthin to hide nuthin to FEAR!!!

motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/nepxbz/i-gave-a-bounty-hunter-300-dollars-located-phone-microbilt-zumigo-tmobile

it's funny that you think a cell phone is even required for this

I can't be too specific here but I'm employed at AT&T's Bell Labs and we've developed technology where a carefully designed 5g wireless signal can be used to "ping" individuals by their DNA

You're a fucking retard. There's nothing preventing people from slipping through the innumerable cracks posing as LEOs or Bounty Hunters. Social engineering is the most effective method of dismantling security there is.

>"AT&T real time tracking data, this is Carrie, how may I help you?"
"Hi this is Todd Francois, NYPD, I'm looking to track Dina Dick for a bench warrant."
>"No problem sir, here's a link to the map system"

Attached: 1463844564191.png (213x101, 4K)

I'm not a retard and thus always put my phone in flight mode when I'm not at home or stationary at work. Of course it would most likely not protect me if say the NSA really wanted to find me but at least no phone company get my location data.

its fucked that this is the only reasonable option
id prefer to toss my phone completely but its company policy to have a company phone and be reachable during work hours, and my mom still sends me a text every now and again

>at least no phone company get my location data.
google does, since it tracks regardless

Why are we selling peoples information and creating a disutopia just so we get ads on our screens.

Attached: pain.jpg (1242x1241, 100K)

I'd rather be tracked by the government I contributed to elect than by a private company.

>id rather be tracked by fallible humans than fallible humans

The difference is each group's interests.

And what is any governments interest?

imagine being a mutt

The interests of its citizens (if the citizens vote correctly).

Verizon doesn't have this problem :)

One is answerable only to foreign Jews, and one is answerable to the government(which is also answerable to foreign Jews)

Kys
google.com/amp/s/splinternews.com/if-you-have-a-verizon-phone-you-may-be-able-to-sue-the-1793847681/amp

oh no, really?! I will pretend to be shocked by this totally unexpected and new information!!

Why do Americans accept this?

In Europe such a breach of privacy would never be allowed

Attached: 1492467454240.jpg (800x706, 55K)

Oh you naive idiot.

ofc it would, you simply wouldn't know about it through the news

oh no no no

Attached: 1489118774672.jpg (393x380, 25K)

don't you have prepaid sims in states?
there are ways to fix that if you're autistic enough.

Class action lawsuit, plus getting the libre phone when I can. Not really much you can do about cell providerss or ISPs, you cant trust any of them not to fuck you in the butt as hard as they can.

Also, the US government always gives them retroactive immunity for handing over records so they dont get sued into oblivioun

Its already happening in europe too

Bounty hunters are not government officials,so it's illegal for providers to give them your info.
Actual cops are a different thing;they can get any info they want as long as they have a warrant.