Question of old pc

What is the oldest PC you still use for some purpose, that could be anything really?

Needs to be owned by you/your family right from the start and not some 20 year old PC you bought second hand just recently.

I want to know did you actually kept very old machines right from the start and kept using them occassionally and are they still intact after 20 years of use, albeit perhaps not heavy use?

Attached: 1480082441616.png (1182x586, 1.41M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PaKIZ7gJlRU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

My desktop is from 2011 and my laptop is from 2012, I consider those pretty old by most peoples standards.
Both works perfectly fine and I use them on a daily basis.

Yes, this is old enough, I didnt mean that only 20-30 year old stuff is good enough for mentioning

I'm browsing internet right now with an super powered laptop of the year 2009, its still usable for internet but I'm not going to lie and say it is fast

My daily driver work&shit PC is a 3770K, which is pushing 7 years old now. Gaymez PC is a 6700K though.

I have a ThinkPad W510 that I bought from a guy in late 2011/early 2012 so I didn't buy it new but I've had it for about 7 years now, I use it occasionally to lurk but mostly for testing GNU+Linux distros before I put them on my X230 that I use as my main laptop, which I've owned for like 3 years now so it's not that old.

I use this bad boy every fucking day. It's my main writing computer, so I don't get distracted with other shit.

Attached: 2012-12-13-bondi-blue.jpg (640x444, 31K)

Awesome, but doesnt anyone have use 10+ year old machines even for laughs?

It is possible to surf the internet with single core Pentium 3 CPU if its 1.4GHz tualatin. Such CPU:s are now 20 year old. 1GB RAM is likely the maximum tose machines can handle.

It will be slow internet experience and you have to forget about videos, unless they are sized 30mb per minute, therefore not having a compression which needs realtime uncompressing which eats up CPU, but you will feel like you achieved something when you were able to tinker such an obsolete machine to be semi-useful today.

My only pc is a samsung laptop from 2010 with a first gen i3 in it.
Still works great but js heavy websites can show slowdowns.
I also use it for hobby gaym programming and playing CS source.

Gaming with an old laptop?
It has an actual proper GPU and not only integrated Intel GPU?

You can even get a 386 PC online and use a DOS IRC client to chat with people.
You obviously won't be able to browse websites with that old of a machine, but I'm sure you could use a stripped down web browser to shitpost and an SSH client to do other work.

is a boy or girl? thank you sir

if it was a girl then it wouldn't be hot. by elimination, its a boy

2003 Pentium 4 Tower and LinuxCNC

It was the family computer. It had XP on it until the Internet became too ram hungry to do shit.

Then it had various Debian distros and I essentially just used it as a sound system because it had good speakers.

Then put LinuxCNC on it to play around with because it has a parallel port.

It hasn't been under heavy use since about 2010, I guess. But nothing has ever broken or needed replacing on it.

I have a box from 2009 or 2010 running as a NAS at the moment. I had my old box from 2005 doing that job but I retired it for my 2009 box when I bought a new computer in 2015-2016. To be totally fair, the 2009 box remains perfectly suitable for daily work, I never had problems with it for Linux work; it just became CPU bound during gaming and the GPU was getting long in the tooth since it was a 560ti.

I still have that 2005 computer sitting around waiting to be thrown out. I could probably achieve equal results with a Raspberry Pi at a much cheaper rate for electricity.

I use a Libreboot X200 and W500 almost every day, especially the X200 at work. Both introduced in 2008, chipset from 2006!

Attached: programming_socks_thinkpad1.jpg (1709x1139, 782K)

Source for this qt?

It's a geforce 330m and got 4 gigs of ram. It was pretty high end when I got it.
My only complaint is the screen. It would be nice with a new one with better resolution and colors. But it doesn't really feel like there's anything to upgrade to nowadays.

Dad's LG E500 laptop from 2009 or something. Have it in the basement for occasional browsing and watching anime when I'm chilling down there...

I still use my 2008 netbook Eee 901 as my torrent machine.
Although it's not exactly intact, I replaced the disk inside and upgraded the ram

Attached: 51nXw815qaL._SY355_[1].jpg (355x355, 17K)

EeePC 1000, it's from 2008. Now I basically only use a desktop, but if I need to use a portable computer I use this. It still works perfectly.

Attached: asusPC1000.jpg (450x364, 58K)

Sound logic... and probably true.

hi there fellow eee bro

I have a Q6600 PC that I use for a HTPC, chucked a GT 210 in there a s we are laughing. 12 years on and this PC continues to amaze.

An old HP Pavillion dv6 from 2008. Needs a new screen and the charger has been lost in time, but it still boots to Debian 6 perfectly.

Honestly these are decent laptops, they use very little power. I use a minimal Debian installation on mine.

yeah, if portablity and battery life are your main focus there hasn't really been anything like them for a while
nowdays we have all those 2in1 tablet/netbook things, but gettting anything but the default windows running is a pain in the ass due to the nonstandard drivers needed

right now, the oldest working bit of gear I still potentially(though not commonly) use is an old eeepc 1201T netbook. It's still just fine for light net surfing and word proc and stuff like that, and it would also do as a third screen if I ABSOLUTELY needed it, but I never have.

Macbook Pro from 2009, the very first 13-inch one. Upgraded the hard drive and RAM, you just unscrew the bottom and it's all there. If I feel like it I could install an SSD in the slot where the DVD drive is since it's dead anyway.
Will keep using this until Apple makes an upgradable laptop again.

Attached: mbp_13_mid_09.jpg (393x250, 21K)

My stb is an 09 mac mini and several of the machines I have as servers in my server closet are older. One of my servers is a dual yonah xeon machine from 2006

My desktop is from 2009. i7 920 master race :^)

I said the same thing, but it just got too slow for me so I finally bit the bullet and got a 2014 mba and that's done me well even though I'm permanently stuck with 8gb RAM

I also hae 1st generation i7 :)

thinkpad t60 with libreboot & atheros wireless card.

i use it for backup purposes and for some secret shit.

Girl from turkey and married apparently.
Username was c00ldued but acc got deleted probably because of thirsty guys

Attached: 1516219327379.jpg (640x640, 75K)

Damn she's actually kinda cute for a t*rk

There's no such thing. I generally buy used electronics. I buy new things only when there are no used (because the hardware is actually new).

If we count used PC's, it would be ThinkPad X200 that I still use daily.

Not much newer are two ASUS KGPE-D16's boards, one for the desktop, the other for the server.

It's just like anzu.
White looking high end of the working class or even "rich" and all photos probably have some sort of filter and or makeup so her skin probably looks slightly worse and a tad darker.

Those are a 1/ 5 million

Good lord she's cute
bit of a philtrumcel though

Why is she married :( I want cuties too.

She's married to some light brown emo turk

>guaged ears
t.r.a.s.h

I have 3x HP ZR22w, mfg date Jan 2011, bought them recently NOS.
CCFL is the best fucking backlight technology prove me wrong PWMlets.

Attached: zr22w.jpg (310x163, 8K)

Primary PC is 9.5 years old.

X58 forever.

wow, that's like being a black jew trans dude on Russia.
He will probably end up dead

Women have no taste
of all the men she could settle with she picks a faggot like that
if I were her I'd pick someone like Burak Ozcivit

HP Compaq 6710b with Core2Duo T7100 and 2.5GB of RAM. Use it as a NAS and Jenkins server with Debian

I have Slackware running on my 2009 Samsung N110. Great machine, still worked perfectly after sitting dormant in the cupboard for six years. Thinking of changing the drive to an SSD at some point.

Attached: aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cubGFwdG9wbWFnLmNvbS91cGxvYWRlZGltYWdlcy9yZXZpZXcvbGFwdG9wcy8yMDA5L3NhbXN1bmcvc2Ftc3Vu (775x500, 58K)

I have a 2011 MBP at work that I still use, mostly because they won't let me put Linux on the machine they bought me to replace it, and I can't stand Windows 10. I'm amazed the thing still works -- had the motherboard replaced once (for free) because of the GPU defect Apple got sued over. I also have a Thinkpad T420 (2010?) that I use around the house.

The MBP I've been using since my employer bought it, it sees daily use and is pretty beat up. The Thinkpad I bought used, put a new battery and a bigger SSD in it and it runs like a champ.

Family PC from 2010, has an i3 530 with 2+4 GB 1333 MHz RAM, no GPU.

My Dad's Q6600. It's been through 3 PSUs and 15", 19" and 27" screens. Was 2Gb, then 4Gb now 8Gb RAM. Used daily.

my main laptop is a toshiba L850D-12Q from apparently 2012. i chucked an ssd in there a few years ago and run debian on it. was my main pc for years but now only gets used when i'm out and about

I've got a ThinkPad T60 from 2006 that I use when I'm on trips and shit

I've got my grandpa's Windows 3.1 computer from like 1992. He used it for everything until dementia set in hard around 2014. He died a couple years ago.

I watched him play Jezzball on that thing all through my childhood, and one of these days I'll set the thing back up and play a game in his memory.

youtube.com/watch?v=PaKIZ7gJlRU

Acer One ZG5 with a new batter for a computer I keep next to the toilet to read news via RSS.

that's a man

f

He goes for pure Turkish maidens, not skanks who travel for BWC

Attached: oyku in bulgaria.jpg (1080x1086, 155K)

Toshiba 2100CDS. Upgraded with additional 128mb ram, replaced 4gb hdd with 80gb one, win xp installed. The only computer at home compatible with lpt printer. My mom uses it for printing only. Battery still can hold charge for about 2 hours idle.

>oldest machine still in use is a late 2017 ultrabook
good day fellow old hardware people

I still boot up my Power Macintosh 7500 one or two times a week to play Civilization II. I could get the DOS version and just play it on my laptop, but this is way more comfy. I also use it when I really need to work on something with minimal distractions. Similar logic to . My daily work computer is my Thinkpad T500 from college, which I refuse to give up because of the 1920x1200 screen. My own systems are otherwise relatively new; gaymen/number crunching PC is a 7700k with a GTX 1070, and I just built an ITX HTPC with a Ryzen5-2400G.

Other than that, my dad still uses a PC I put together for him in 2008 with a Core2Duo E8400. Started off with 2GB of RAM, eventually upgraded it to 8GB. I also threw in a GT 1030 since the original integrated graphics were having issues with high-res Youtube videos, now it can handle everything he needs it for.

>Will keep using this until Apple makes an upgradable laptop again
Do you intend to keep using it until Christ returns to Earth?

I was using my old Q6600 build up until a little while ago as an HTPC. It was a little bit loud but still performed like a champ, great system and great processor. Unfortunately a power supply failure took out the motherboard. The new HTPC is more fit for purpose and can do 4k, but the old one was performing so well that I wouldn't have replaced it unless I had to.

old windows vista 32 laptop
>"4gb" ram
>nvidia gt 120m
>celeron 2.4ghz dual core
the fan failed so it sits on top of a box fan

She'd be perfect if she were black.

My main PC is from November 2009:
Phenom II 965BE, 16GB ram, 850pro 250GB added some time ago with a rx540 for my 4k monitor (I don't game on it)
Motherboard is a M4A89GTDPRO-USB3
Back when usb3 was launching...
But except for rendering and transcondig it handles everything pretty good

using my 2008 PC right now, he's 11 years old, it tried to kill himself a lot of times but I don't have money to buy another one so I just keep reviving it

and since I'm moving and it's my first time living alone probably I'll stay with it for a couple more of years

I'm still using the PC I built in 2009 to mine bitcoins. It had 3 Radeon 5830s but I took two of them out. Still has all the original parts, hard drive, PSU, etc. despite being overclocked to the point it overheated and died many times. Keep meaning to build a new one but I don't really do anything intensive on it so haven't found a good reason to.

I used to use an IBM Thinkpad from 2001 at work until about 2013 when we had to upgrade due to software requirements. Up until just last year, my mom used to use a Gateway desktop machine that was originally bought for me while I still lived there for Christmas of 2005.

Not mine, obviously, but I'm reminded of the story from a few years back about the Polish mechanic who uses an old C64 to run custom software he built for calculating driveshaft balance since he opened his business in 1991. Pic related.

Attached: nintchdbpict000271032925-e1475243336342.jpg (709x522, 69K)

my dad had a Macintosh 2 sitting in the garage that i fired up before we took it to the dump.
didn't work.
oldest working computer was a g3 mac

we have an old dell dimension 4600. The original motherboard was boot looping so I bought an entire new dell dimension 4600 and moved everything that worked into it. It currently dual boots debian and openbsd but I'll likely put xp back onto it someday

Oldest PC is from 2006:
Core 2 Duo E6400, 4GB 800Mhz DDR2 on an ASUS P5W DH Deluxe.

Performance is pretty shit, but I think it's because the hard drive is a 5400rpm one and it's somewhat failing.

2007 15" MacBook Pro

My parents got it for me from Apple's refurbished store in 2008. I have Snow Leopard on it and run Logic Pro 9. I mainly keep it because my cat that died used to rub his chin on the edge of the screen.

Attached: 88291402_cover.jpg (600x365, 28K)

I think everything I've used for a while now has been second-hand or used. Ignoring that, it'd probably be my T60p that I use occasionally. My main machine is an X220T.

My family uses all of my old technology. Everything I've bought, I've given to my family after I was done with it and they basically use it until I feel bad for them.

My family is all still using their first smartphones, their first desktop, and first laptop PCs, and I'm not sure if they'll buy more. The desktops are my old builds that I've used for 3-4 years each then upgraded from or $300 powerhobo builds. I generally just undervolt the fuck out of the system, remove as many fans as I can so there's only one intake.

I bought my family 3 $129 xiaomi smartphones and they've used them full time since 2016 - those will probably be in use until 2020.

The absolute oldest system that was in use was a Celeron 1.2ghz @ 1.8ghz with 768mb RAM my sister had hooked up to her TV. At some point this was replaced with a $99 Atom CPU box.

I still use the Pentium 3 PC my family has had since 2002.

First PC I built in 2008 is still working. Has a Core 2 Quad Q8200 and 4GB DDR2 but sadly I had to replace the Radeon 4850 in it around 2012 or so with a 6850. Has some weird PSU problems though

I've been using my Q6600 for 9 years, without a single problem. 32 bit Windows 7 also.

Attached: 1545719708101.jpg (640x755, 97K)

I've been using my r50e for14 years

Ummm.... Oldest PC that I still use?
It's my thinkpad w500. I use it under my mouse pad, because the surface is just the right size, and keeping my mouse slightly elevated keeps my hand from cramping.

>Do you intend to keep using it until Christ returns to Earth?
Pretty much yes

Attached: jesus_jobs2.jpg (277x400, 43K)

owo she a cute

i just upgraded to a haswell i3 from my q6600
you dont know what your missing, user

My friend's mom was complaining about her computer not updating. Turns out she is still on Vista and the computer is from like 2005.