Firefox vs Google Chrome. Which is better? Let's settle things once and for all

Firefox vs Google Chrome. Which is better? Let's settle things once and for all.

Attached: Which-One-Is-Better-For-Windows-10-Google-Chrome-Or-Mozilla-Firefox.jpg (800x450, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

spyware.neocities.org/articles/firefox.html
spyware.neocities.org/articles/ungoogled_chromium.html
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=firefox-webrender-beta&num=2
lynx.invisible-island.net/
webkay.robinlinus.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Both are botnets by default, but only Firefox can be fixed without recompiling.

Which one do you use, OP? It's the other one. No, you're wrong, it's the one you don't use that's better. You're wrong and you're dumb for using the wrong software

Just use Chromium without sync

brave. the "just werks" chromium without using official chrome. firefox is trash unfortunately.

I'm using chromium because installing widevine in it is easy in my distro

Firefox is objectively better in
>UI
>privacy capabilities
>overall engine
Chrome is pointless when non-botnet alternatives like Brave, Iridium and Bromite exist. But it's only better in
>speed

Been using Firefox since verson 1.5 or something. Will continue until there is a better alternative.

nothing to settle that has not already been settled
use palemoon or waterfox.

Gave up on both and switched to Qutebrowser.

Old versions of firefox are better than all versions of chrome. Early versions of chrome are sidegrades to ancient versions of firefox.

Recent versions of both are shit that you only use on work computers because using edge is still somehow magically worse.

>UI
Yes.
>Privacy capabilities
from browsers such as brave or ungoogle chromium or iridium ? Fuck no. From chrome itself ? yes.
spyware.neocities.org/articles/firefox.html
spyware.neocities.org/articles/ungoogled_chromium.html
Fireshit clearly loses

>Overall engine
ahahahahaha, you must be trolling.
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=firefox-webrender-beta&num=2
Even on fucking linux fireshit quantum loses to chrome.
>But it was really a shock to see how much Chrome 70 on Linux out-of-the-box was performing than the Firefox 63/65 builds.
>Basemark showed some benefit as well with WebRender forced on, but Chrome 70 on Ubuntu 18.10 remained much faster than any of the tested Firefox configurations.
Fireshit needs to die and anybody using it is an idiot if he believes it's better than Chrome or it's derivatives.
>Using Fireshit in anno domini MMXVIII

>neocities
Fuck off shill

>being unable to read data
You can do your own tests on fireshit it will show the same. I mean you could do them if you knew how, but you're just on Jow Forums for the memes.

Chromium looks better, is faster and the sync feature works wonders. No need to switch to Firefox.
Also sync feature is good af, just embrace it and stop crippling yourselves, nobody cares about your data anyway

Depends on your priorities, furryfox is better to resist fingerprint specially in the form of tor browser, chrom/ium is faster and harder to run a browser exploit on it.
I personally care about security more than not being fingerprinted so I use chromium.
Also FF is so slow it's painful to use.

chrome is a security hazard.

Is there any way to get auto-updates for Ungoogled Chromium on Windows? Do all the Chrome Store extensions work well?

The choice isn't Firefox vs. Chrome, it's Pale Moon/Waterfox vs. Ungoogled Chromium

And all the fucking binaries are ancient. This shit is not usable.

>Is there any way to get auto-updates for Ungoogled Chromium on Windows?
Not unless you hack together your own solution.
>Do all the Chrome Store extensions work well?
Yes, but you have to dick with the URL to get them to install.

I should point out that the Windows build hasn't been updated in a while.

Waterfox is less compatible with new w3c standards than even edge. Don't use it.

Is that so? Werks on my machine. Also
>giving a shit about w3c

>Is there any way to get auto-updates for Ungoogled Chromium on Windows?
Use Chrlauncher.

>from browsers such as brave or ungoogle chromium or iridium
Holy fuck you're so out of touch. Chromium browsers will NEVER have as good privacy options as Firefox.
Here:

Fingerprint protection doesn't work at all. Your Canvas, screen size, plugins (as of Chromium), time zone, WebGL fingerprint (as of Chromium), OS/Platform are revealed and the user agent isn't spoofed.

Tor tabs lack any additional anti-fingerprint methods, making them completely useless as your privacy is trivial to breach. You can be effortlessly uniquely identified and tracked.

The Brave adblocker is trash compared to uBlock Origin. The performance is difference is massive if you enable any additional block lists in Brave's blocker. Which you have to because Brave's adblocker is not only inefficient, but also lacks a ton of filters by default and a lot of ads will still be displayed. uBlock Origin blocks domains instead of just hiding ads, plus it has a script blocker and an element picker.

(((PIA))) partnership.
Has (had?) proprietary addons.
Google is the default search engine.

Chromium build has a terrible UI (especially settings UI) and is missing gestures like long press on new tab to choose to open a private/tor tab.

Attached: brave.png (1900x1322, 91K)

>Holy fuck you're so out of touch. Chromium browsers will NEVER have as good privacy options as Firefox.
Using a browser like Firefox, and saying I'm out of touch
Guess what, you can use both ublock and umatrix and default brave filters.
Guess what, you can "tweak" brave to pass fingerprinting too.
Guess what, having a shitty adblock by default is better than no adblock at all.
Guess what, firefox by default has more tracking than brave or any other chromium browsers apart from chrome.

You're out of touch and out of time. Stuck in year 2008 like the rest of fireshits. It's been 11 years grandpa, fireshit is dead, any it's reflected more and power in it's users. IE died because it was shit, and FIreshit will die because it's shit

I prefer the options and addons available for Firefox. Don't care if it's slightly slower if it means I don't have to deal with Google telling me how I should do my browsing.

So all browser in default state vs firefox configured during 5 minutes.

Plus panopticlick that does not implement nothing to exploit firefox privacy defects as extension UUID leak, extension code exposed to webs, ....

Brave

chrome:///gpu

/thread

>not mentioning Lynx lynx.invisible-island.net/
curl/wget and Lynx/w3m/links.

whats the top tier plugins you always install for privacy? firefox/chromium

Gecko > WebKit

Firefox is the broken toy and meme spam of basement dwellers, superautismos and sperglords... it was honest fun during the Micro$oft Internet Explorer times but not anymore

Switching from Firefox to Chrome is the best technology update I have done in the last decade and has opened my eyes about how stupid and cancerous are all the "privacy first" groups...

Attached: file.gif (248x291, 2M)

>can use both ublock and umatrix
Doesn't matter, it's not there out of the box while the browser pretends it's good for privacy.
>you can "tweak" brave to pass fingerprinting too.
You literally can't unless you use a dozen addons, which is the issue.
>having a shitty adblock by default is better than no adblock at all.
No, it's not.
>firefox by default has more tracking than brave or any other chromium browsers apart from chrome.
Librefox and IceCat exist.

>browser in default state vs firefox configured during 5 minutes.
No, it's Brave out of the box and brave tweaked to force """fingerprint protection""".

>Doesn't matter, it's not there out of the box while the browser pretends it's good for privacy.
hellooo. You tweaked firefox quite a bit. Firefox is pretending to be privacy oriented more than any other browser and it's defaults are absolutely fucking horrendous. And it has no good addons out of the box. Only spying addons installed by mozilla
>You literally can't unless you use a dozen addons, which is the issue.
Not at all, it's all about the flags
>Librefox and IceCat exist.
And nobody uses them.

I use Firefox at home and Chrome at work.
I prefer Firefox for general browsing.

>brave tweaked to force """fingerprint protection""".
thats literally a standard feature in brave, its in the shield menu. what do you mean you needed to tweak it to force it on?

Firefox is good but Mozilla sucks. chrome is bad and google also sucks. Which one do you think is better?

>tweaked firefox quite a bit
Yes, it's fucking settings and about:config. Which are there OUT OF THE BOX. Brave doesn't have an option to become non-unique ootb. Just look at how much shit it leaks.

>tweak
>definition: A slight adjustment or modification

Well for ungoogled chromium and iridium those pages are accurate to the testing I've done, I'm not sure about the rest but it would be easy to test.

>Yes, it's fucking settings and about:config. Which are there OUT OF THE BOX. Brave doesn't have an option to become non-unique ootb. Just look at how much shit it leaks.
Yes it does. chrome://flags and startup flag. Not that I'd expect you to know either because you're a moron, but hey.

so in other words you didnt need to tweak it to force it on, its already on. or you enabled it if you had it disabled. got it. so in other words, youre full of shit. brave by default is better than firefox by default.

qutebrowser

chromium-vaapi

Chrome is owned by google and can afford better shills so chrome.

Are you retarded? Blocking all fingerprinting is not enabled by default. And it doesn't even fucking work.
>better than firefox by default.
Great, and it takes a whole fucking minute to make Firefox better than brave without installing a single addon.

Ok. So which of these flags will hide your desktop resolution and fonts, as well as fix literally everything here

Firefox is much slower. As a long time mozilla user, i finally gave up on firefox and switched to chromium about a year ago.

>Firefox vs Google Chrome. Which is better? Let's settle things once and for all.
It's never settled

The retard means he had to click on the brave shield icon and switch from 3rd-party-fingerprinting disabled to disable fingerprinting for all
The retard believes this is a far worse solution than going into about:config and wasting 5 hours tracking down all the variables to make it work for firefox like he imagined it. Or used someone elses config and trust them hahaha

>5h
privacytools.io lists literally everything
Firefox's anti-fingerprinting is in the normal settings
At least Firefox's anti-fingerprinting works, unlike (((brave))) which uses false advertising.
Kill yourself you fucking shill.

this.
Retards don't know that only Chromium can have VAAPI patched in

>privacytools.io lists literally everything
Oh look little baby has to have all chewed out for him and trusts others to do all the work.

>Firefox's anti-fingerprinting is in the normal settings
Brave icon is the normal settings for brave...

>privacytools.io
Shilling this site to support his point while his own sites lists Brave as a recommended browser requiring no further tweaks unlike fireshit

I prefer Firefox (especially on mobile) but Chrome is still a great browser.

Attached: 1260438790545.png (602x437, 132K)

>Ok. So which of these flags will hide your desktop resolution and fonts, as well as fix literally everything here
Easy. Press the brave shield button, press block all scripts. Press disable device fingerprinting for all.
Congratulations. No need to even fuck around with flags or config unlike firefox

Forgot pic. Just using brave shield settings I mentioned, nothing else

Detects nothing. Can't even run.

webkay.robinlinus.com/

Attached: file.png (643x926, 50K)

>requiring no further tweaks
Yes it does because it's dysfunctional by default.

>hurr just disable js
Kys

ublock origin, decentraleyes, cookiebro, searchonymous

chrome masterrace