Spent all day browsing 4chins aimlessly, instead of learning how to code, again

spent all day browsing 4chins aimlessly, instead of learning how to code, again.

Attached: 1545218759012.png (240x221, 77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/yOyaJXpAYZQ
youtu.be/HQYsFshbkYw
youtu.be/IhMMK3QLxSM
youtu.be/t5NszbIerYc
youtu.be/8OK8_tHeCIA
youtu.be/443UNeGrFoM
youtube.com/user/dotconferences
youtube.com/channel/UCtxCXg-UvSnTKPOzLH4wJaQ
youtube.com/user/Computerphile
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJAZR8XXeiLCqJcINmHVwlGEeWDNeRDhV
youtube.com/watch?v=OoA4017M7WU
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/leechblock-ng/
youtube.com/channel/UCYO_jab_esuFRV4b17AJtAw
youtube.com/watch?v=zm9bqSSiIdo&list=PL7wAPgl1JVvUEb0dIygHzO4698tmcwLk9
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Worst thing is it's not even enjoyable. I'm here arguing mostly retards and trying to convince them not to be retarded. It's worse than a complete waste of time. It would be an order of magnitude more productive if I just stared at the wall all day long.

i have been doing this for the last five years

If you have to waste your time, consider watching these in the background, you won't understand them but it might get you more interested.

youtu.be/yOyaJXpAYZQ
youtu.be/HQYsFshbkYw
youtu.be/IhMMK3QLxSM
youtu.be/t5NszbIerYc
youtu.be/8OK8_tHeCIA
youtu.be/443UNeGrFoM

youtube.com/user/dotconferences
youtube.com/channel/UCtxCXg-UvSnTKPOzLH4wJaQ
youtube.com/user/Computerphile

Oh and most importantly, check this playlist out: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJAZR8XXeiLCqJcINmHVwlGEeWDNeRDhV

>code
>pepeposting
yikes

Just say frogposting, user

Amphibianposting

me too, except I already know am I just too lazy to make anything.

>Anuraposting

youtube.com/watch?v=OoA4017M7WU

Attached: 1494369921370.png (271x274, 162K)

just make something and look shit up as you go, the idea of "learning how to code" is a meme

not him but thanks user

echo -e "0.0.0.0 4channel.org\n0.0.0.0 Jow Forums.org" >> /etc/hosts

replace 0.0.0.0 with the IP address of site of your choosing.

coding is boring, smoke weed instead.

Attached: 1547230848570.png (812x800, 50K)

you're not learning to code because unconsciously you know you have no good reason to
what are you gonna do? read the about what strings and tuples are in python again for the 10th time in some beginners guide?

Fucking build something. That's how you learn. Define a project and commit to it. Work on at least one hour every day.

I agree. I'm just going to block this fucking site on my router.

don't worry friendo, i was like yourself and actually take a meaningful amount of time to learn code, but i eventually find out that its really really boring and only something some special kind of autist are interested in.

Same here OP
pic related

Attached: 1542007038594.jpg (765x994, 167K)

One thing that motivates me a lot is thinking about the amount of regret I will feel or the amount of praise that I will give to myself in the future.
Don't think about the very distant future; just think about how you will feel tomorrow, OP; you can either start working now and feel good about yourself tomorrow, or you can wake tomorrow feeling bad like you are feeling now.
I wish you the best of luck! :)

It is not enjoyable because it has become an habit, something that you do without thinking.

Suffer the pain of discipline now or suffer the pain of regret for the rest of your life.

Motivation is a recipe for disaster. Discipline yourself and make it routine. Do not get complacent with lack of progress.

I actually did that once; I blocked this site, lainchan, reddit, YouTube, Twitter and Facebook. I use to be really addicted to all of them.
I encourage you to try it; if you live your life without the sites you are addicted to, you will soon notice that you never needed them anyway.
I wish you the best of luck.

this.
anyone who has firefox get this addon right fucking now. just block it and you'll learn that clicking on that nice cozy bookmark will result in nothing and that getaway in a click will stop being a option mentally.
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/leechblock-ng/

Thanks bro, you too.

This website is a blackhole for time. It feels like a few minutes in here, but outside the time dilation is centuries of wasted time.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.jpg (640x640, 102K)

>social media
why don’t you go back

only regrets will wait you no matter what
this is just the nature of the human experience

Although that's true to an extent, I believe that you should try to minimize your suffering as much as possible.
There is a difference between your entire life being a mess and one horrible or tragic event happening to you.
If something horrible does happen to you (hopefully it doesn't), but the rest of your life was in-order, you will be able to easily move on and go back to a better life.

That's what I've done for the last 14 years.

Attached: 1474737916474.gif (320x240, 2.58M)

>tfw there's nothing I want to make

You're here forever, faggot

>Make small todo list everyday
>Do the things
>Reward myself with Jow Forums or video games
Keep it simple, make it a habit.

Attached: 1501262291078.jpg (1200x948, 121K)

>tfw hate programming but there's nothing else my degree qualifies me for
>tfw bad at it and can't get a job in it unless I try to learn it on my own
>detest it and feel no desire to make anything

I know that feeling.
I don't know why I do this. But it feels like... I'm already working 8+ hours per day, programming. If I worked even at home or when I'm on vacation... the mere thought disturbs me. It's not fair.
Part of me wants to, another part tells me to fucking relax and NOT work for free. People working other jobs wouldn't do it, either.

But this isn't fun either. Actual good posts on Jow Forums have always been rare, but it feels like I haven't seen a good thread for over 2 years now.
And reddit... while people in the programming subreddits know what they're talking about, it's filled with reposts of reposts. The subreddits are EITHER only shitty blogs that people post from alt accounts so they don't get flagged for self submission OR beginner help forums where Indians and Arabs who understand nothing about programming want you to do their job for them.

God. I want to create something I can be proud of so bad. I have stuff I want to contribute to the EcmaScript and CSS standards. There are several open source projects I want to contribute to.
But I fucking can't get myself to do it. HELP.

Just be yourself.

Are you posting bad advice ironically?

It's not worth it user. If you aren't naturally drawn to it, you wont enjoy it.

More channels like these, please.

youtube.com/channel/UCYO_jab_esuFRV4b17AJtAw
The elder god of advanced shit. Great visualizations and explanations. If you want to understand stuff like machine learning, fourier transforms or how block chains work, watch his stuff.

Amphetamine.
It's not without its drawbacks, but if you have never explored this option you have no idea what awaits you if you can use it with a tad of discipline.

Attached: 1445572805780.gif (500x700, 119K)

I only work more than 8 hours because I can't compete with my peers.
I spend all my time working on things that benefit people but nobody will ever know it.
It makes it hard to justify the sacrifice I make for the rest of the world.
I spent my Sunday thinking that I'm not going to make it and digging up the fact nobody cares about me.
If I go into a panic, I have nobody to reach out to, and if I died only my employer would really find out.

I think this is more personal than programming related though. The only thing keeping me going is knowing my work has some value to a lot of people. But each day I come to dislike people more and more. I'm not gonna make it.

Thats fucking stupid man.

OH GOD YES!! I am currently watching the Essence of Linear Algebra series and it's so awesome. This YouTube channel is a treasure. I downloaded the entire series, as well as the Essence of Calculus series just in case something happens to the channel because you never know.

Another channel I recommend is this, specifically this playlist:
youtube.com/watch?v=zm9bqSSiIdo&list=PL7wAPgl1JVvUEb0dIygHzO4698tmcwLk9

>what awaits you
Complete misery working a soulless job I have to dope up and take home with me to be competitive for ? Using a skill that I feel zero desire for and don't want to do anything with if I didn't have to work? Just because you find cyberpunk cool doesn't mean you have to go out of your way to make your life shifty.

What kind of work do you do?
Please know that you have value no matter what you or anyone else think, man!

Go flip burgers then user.
>Using a skill that I feel zero desire for and don't want to do anything with
Amps generate that desire, fake or not.
It sounds like many of you already have sunk to the bottom. I'm not sure what advice you'd expect at that point. Go stay miserable.

If you need another way of cutting down I would recommend un/following/subbing/browsing stuff on those websites to make it even more boring to the point you have to do literally anything else. like cutting youtube/reddit subs down to barely any and they're all mostly boring i.e. technical subreddits.
Working for me so far

Ouch
That’s it today I leave this site

I'd rather be unemployed than work on tech. You have to be an idiot or diabolic to support the industry

See you next week.

lol I went the otherway.
I've slept outside and lived in my car and now I grudgingly study my ass off to have a job. I don't even really care, but I do it for the money and I'm quickly getting better than people around me and it's motivating to watch myself actually get through things pretty quickly and I used to struggle with and I'm getting paid to do it.
And within a couple years I'm going to be making at least 100k. I'm going to see to it.

I know you mean well. But I shouldn't have posted that. This is not the appropriate place to discuss personal matters.
I will either make it or not. It hurts that I can't be confident in either. But I will have to suck it up for another day.

>What kind of work do you do?
I would tell you but I fear identifying myself or the projects I work on. They're somewhat high profile.

Attached: 1495010226979.gif (500x600, 3.54M)

>youtu.be/HQYsFshbkYw
You know, that's just one guy showing off, not actually teaching you the math or algorithms to implement such an engine, with some explanations of Duke Nukem 3d's map editor thrown in.

what does it do?

What's the point in money

I was about to say the exact same thing.
No disrespect to Bisqwit; he is really awesome, but I was never able to learn anything form his videos; he just moves to quickly; this is not enough for for me to be able to grasp the concepts behind what he is doing.
I prefer an approach to learning where someone actually explains in depth what they are doing, not just throws things at me.
If you're like me, then I would recommend places like Udacity, Coursera and edX for learning. There are also YouTube channels that follow the approach that I like.
I also like reading technical books because they sometimes go more in depth (depending on the type of book, of course; I am not talking about references books).

Redirects Jow Forums.org (and 4channel) to the ip address.

Everything.
You don't have to sleep outside, you don't have to figure out how to get food, you don't have people treating you like shit, you don't walk around smelling bad everywhere, you have a place to go when it's raining or snowing, you don't have to go out in public if you don't want you can just stay inside, you can wear clothes that look good and women give you attention rather than pretending you don't exist or slinging shit at you and cracking jokes, you have the freedom to go places, you save time by spending money at modes of transportation better than walking, you can afford better quality food by having access to a kitchen, you don't struggle to stay warm when it's 10 degrees F outside and your sleeping bag is designed for 30, you don't struggle to get around when family members die and you have to basically beg the police to drive you to their house in the other county.
There's more to life than money, but money is the basis of everything. If you don't have it, you will likely have nothing.
Like I did. No friends, wrecked family situation my whole life. But things are different because even family starts to act like they care about you when you have money.
You can take care of everything yourself and you don't owe anything to anyone.
It's security and self-sufficiency.
It's options.

>you don't have people treating you like shit
I have more money than I will ever spend in my life and I can't say this.

It will redirect you to 0.0.0.0 every time you try to visit the specified site (Jow Forums in this case), effectively blocking the site
You can do this for any site; so you can basically have a list of sites like this
0.0.0.0 example.com
0.0.0.0 example2.com
0.0.0.0 example3.com

Btw, this command only works on Unix-like/Unix-based systems such as Linux and MacOS; if you're on Windows, the hosts file is in a different location. (Just google how to edit the hosts file on Windows).

Yeah but I can tell satisfy all that working part time for around min wage

Oh I know what awaits me. Countless hours of gaming completely destroying noobs and my life.

This is not a good thing mate; get out of gaming addiction before it's too late.
My best friend wasted his life on gaming; don't make the same mistake.

Something must be off with you. Your appearance or personality. Something. Try your best to figure it out and look at yourself from a third person perspective.
Plenty of people are just trash assholes too. Keep that in mind. It's not always you that's the problem, but it certainly sometimes is. You're not perfect.

That is not security. You need more than what you need because that extra is a cushion for when life throws unexpected trash at you and you need something to land on or grab at.
With minimum wage you don't have many options either and you have to always think about what you're allowed to do that fits into your budget rather than just doing what you want and paying for it.

lmao this pepe always gets me

>Something must be off with you.
Case in point.

"If you want to destroy a man, give him everything he ever wanted."

- some greek guy

It is security. I have a bunch of savings .

I'd rather have to think about my spending than work in tech. Tech sucks . I wish I could find a job with my cs degree but they all expect me to code so I just leave my degree off my resume at this point

Ben Eater
Bisqwit

>Bisqwit
I think he wants to learn something. Not see someone speed-coding something with minimal explanation.

spent all day browsing 4chins aimlessly, instead of learning how to not be a social retard. life is over

>lobster king
yikes

>I can stop whenever I want!

I laughed at this and also felt deep sadness because i do this, unironically.

Attached: 1412284886416.png (486x562, 224K)

Just do it is the only way

Don't do this. Amphetamine withdrawals are no joke.

post BLACKED threads

Exactly. It's how I know what I'm talking about.

Attitude is everything and you guys have the power to shape the world around you regarding how people perceive you and what you can experience with human interactions. Don't blame things and others around you for things you don't like about your life or yourself. Take responsibility for EVERYTHING and if you care about it you try to improve it if it's not so important you try to not worry about it and focus on the more important things for yourself.
Do your best to try and make things good while keeping in mind you're not perfect and neither is anyone else you'll ever meet.

This sounds like self convincing more than anything else.

I'm sharing my hard learned lessons if that's what you mean.

Makes sense, will power isn't supposed to feel rewarding or good at first.

They're hardly lessons, to imply that the problem lies in the individual is just asinine. You contradicted your own self here >Plenty of people are just trash assholes too.
Having more money, power, merit, etc. will never somehow change how others treat you.
To think otherwise is delusion.
This post Makes you sound naive and even vain.

>to imply that the problem lies in the individual is just asinine
And why is that? Some problems do lie with an individual, while others are external factors outside the control of either party. There is a lot of randomness in everything.
>Having more money, power, merit, etc. will never somehow change how others treat you.
Yeah it will. And it does. It won't change everyone, but it changes some. Others just are whatever they are regardless of anything. That's what I meant about some people just being assholes. Some just are. Not so many, but some are. And maybe not even always, but something happened to them recently or popped into their head so they seem like an asshole no matter what to the perspective of someone else.
>To think otherwise is delusion.
Wrong.
>Makes you sound naive and even vain.
I can see some vanity in there as I felt it while typing because I've come so far in spite of everything I've been through.
The only naive I see in there is a comment about family caring about you when you have money. Maybe. But it's certainly true to some extent. Some women family members in particular really changed the way they talked to me when I started making money.

Could you explain some specifics of what you meant if I didn't address it in this post?

You sound like one of those people that lives by the "fake it till you make it" motto. I don't think you're worth talking to. I'm not trying to be mean, it's just that you make little sense and seem hard headed. Not to mention the obvious, there's no benefit for me if I manage to convince you otherwise.
You can take this as a concession if you'd like.

Attached: 392.jpg.png (444x560, 79K)

If you really wanted to, you would have done it you pathetic sack of shit
There is no nobility in crying about being a manchild

>Some women family members in particular really changed the way they talked to me when I started making money.
This is why I wear cheap cloths and never let anyone know how much money I have. You know who truly cares about you and who doesn't.

No need to drag others down with you, insect.
Your post shows that you are the pathetic manchild!

are you that old OP who used to keep posting "another wasted on Jow Forums insted of learning how to program"

one lone coder is pretty cool. windows cmd game engine.
computerphile is a good channel. I would love to hire Prof. Brailsford to read me lotr while i fall asleep

somebody post that screencap where some girl is freaking out because she dumped her boyfriend because she thought he was poor but in reality he was rich. it ends with him and his dad buying motorcycles or some shit. I know you have it

god only knows how many hobbies or productive things i could do rather than arguing with autists and getting fed misinformation on the 'chan

I want to learn how to make cool software but coding is just so fucking boring and nerdy. sucks 2bh

While it may not always be productive, arguing is basically mental exercise in itself, as well as a way of getting to know your own self and values if you reflect on it. Even if it's a complete waste of time, any past time/leisure activity is necessary for a happy life. Silly as it is to waste a precious resource like time, we must.

Trust me, coding isn't any more fun at all.

See you tomorrow.

Fuck off zoomer you will never make cool software.

Attached: 1544160534575.png (356x352, 197K)

>i do this, unironically
you smoke solder?