Soon there will be no escaping it

Soon there will be no escaping it

Attached: 1547404520053.jpg (1080x1338, 258K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mdavis.xyz/supermarket/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Not many people know this but you can actually exist without one of those TVs.

it can't collect my data if it's not connected to a network though

This article is entirely pointless.
Everyone who is capable of understanding this has already known for years.
The only people left to inform are people who are either literally too stupid to understand or are so deep in their own denial that reason can never reach them.
Public consensus has been formed; the people are not only willing to tolerate but are excited to own telescreens.

Most modern TVs need to be activated through an app before they can be used

k then just activate it then disconnect it

Is actual internet access required? If not you can just disconnect the internet connection while you set up the TV with their shitty app, then disconnect the TV from your network before enabling internet access once again.

And i thought it's so cheap because it's produced in low wage China in factories so big they have "scale of production" effects on their own while using off the shelf components from previous tv generations.

who even buys tvs nowadays? large viewing area belongs to projectors and normies tend to just use their phones to watch their shit (pc users buy monitors anyway) so i really dont get why "smart tvs" even exist

Not if you don’t let it connect to the internet.

I haven't shopped for a TV in 10 years, am I to understand they all come with Fire TV-esque features built in by default and show you ads and they beg to know your wifi password and also they don't come with decent speakers or connections for anything but HDMI?

Should I just buy a computer monitor and use it to play video games?
It's not like I watch TV anyway.

Attached: gross.jpg (1280x720, 90K)

but smart TVs are more expensive than dumb TVs because they try to upsell the IT HAS NETFLIX AND WIFI

They have to check in at minimum set intervals to keep working though. Think of your valve games. Even the ones that did not explicitly need the internet to play would stop working if your computer went more than a week without being able to connect to the steam store.

>having a dumb tv
feels amazing

Uh yeah there will be, don't buy a TV? What the hell would you need one of those for? Ever heard of monitors?

monitors are for games, tvs are for movies.

Just get an old plasma and be done with it, the image looks better anyway

I haven't bough a TV in years but that sounds like a lie. There would've been at least a bit of noticeable uproar if TVs turned into always-online devices and I haven't heard shit.

They still sell dumb TVs in stores. It costs less than smart TVs.

I don't see them, even the cheapo walmart TVs in the smallest sizes come with smart features.

i wonder (((why)))

You seem to forget the people buying these things are the same people who think that it is a good idea to have a refrigerator connected to the internet, or that there is nothing wrong with paying to have an amazon run wiretap in their house.

Try Target. My area has regular LGs, Vizios, and Element panels. Then they got a separate section for the smart TVs.

bigot

Attached: reported your post.png (800x626, 51K)

>buy cheap TV
>never connect it to WiFi

Attached: big deal.png (2780x2448, 888K)

this is a complete lie

OY VEY

I've never seen anyone in the south with those things, seems like a rich north coast thing.

>buying the electric jew

Buy a computer monitor instead

But is the data of the consumers in that photo actually valuable?

>connecting a tv to your wifi

Just don't connect it to the internet.

Avoid LCD even if they're cheap, they looks like piss compared to LED and OLED but OLED is more expensive.

mdavis.xyz/supermarket/

Just use a Pi-Hole to block those data collecting hostnames.

>people that compare real life to 1984

Shoot yourself

>buying OLED

>block IPs and domain names at router level
done.

>LCD looks like piss compared to LED
Do you have any idea what you're talking about

They're being phased out.
I bought a regular 1080 tv back in '14, without the smart bs. Now, it's getting harder to find a simple one.

correct answer

you do know that TVs called "LED" are literally LCD TVs with LED backlight (as opposed to obsolete CCFL backlight), right?

I got a 4K dumb TV. Feels good. People give me shit for not buying a smart TV, but fuck em.

BOTNET THIS BOTNET THAT

Adtech insider here. We can now track when you see billboards and visit stores to make IRL purchases.

>buy smart TV
>disable WiFi antenna or just don't connect in the first place
Wow that was fucking hard

>"just don't get a TV durr"
>"durr I can't extrapolate information durr"
It'll be everywhere soon, sensors in clothes, fingerprint scanners and cameras under displays, in everything you or more importantly your friends can own and everywhere you can visit

Attached: Project_Soli.webm (1920x960, 2.86M)

This is Jow Forums. They just read product spec sheets(actually watch a youtuber read it) and make up a stupid meme about X company is finished.

Honestly, I’m sick of the fad of smart *insert electronic name here*. Smart TVs are shitty anyway because that shit is going to be unsupported in a few years time.

Time to start wearing masks and black hoodies.

>getting detailed watermelon and fried chicken data through your smart TV
what a time to be alive!

it won't work without internet connection, just like chromecast

Thank fucking god for GDPR.

>don't connect TV to the internet
>enjoy a nice discount
I don't see the problem.

i would bring/send that shit right back to where it came from

It just means TVs are built with android like OS to enhance its features. Whether it means wifi capabilities, streaming capabilities, etc.

that's the real blackpill. people love broadcasting their lives. through reality TV they have become addicted to the idea of showing everyone everything they're doing at all times. Snapchat stories, instagram stories, facebook stories, tinder stories, all there to literally spy on yourself. and if you have any of the average thot on those social media platforms, you know they take full of advantage of it, literally posting every single thing they do all day every day in nice little 10 seconds increments for the whole world to watch. It's a sickness.

Attached: 1544452613332.png (635x661, 227K)

>They have to check in at minimum set intervals to keep working though.
You are wrong.

>This story is a warning about the future. Claims about any real corporations are hypothetical fiction. All links are provided as context, not evidence.
really makes you think

>it won't work without internet connection,
Yes it will, you are a lying faggot. The only parts of it that won't work are the smart features, which is what the original user was looking for: a TV without "smart bs"

SHUT
IT
DOWN

Attached: 1540772974210.jpg (570x570, 47K)

How long will headlines like this trend only for consumers to have a momentary uproar before forgetting about it within a week? This has been known for over a decade from all kinds of manufacturers, yet retards still connect their TV to the internet and don't block outbound traffic.
All modern cars do the same, yet people are buying those. You cannot disable the baseband on a smartphone, yet people carry those around 24/7. Consumers are hopeless.

>Watching TV

Pic related, headlined just last week. Cue momentary outrage, then nothing. Yet you tell someone that perhaps its not a good idea to carry around a phone all the time and they disregard you as crazy.

Attached: 1547065116042.png (876x3530, 363K)

There are a couple of anons in this thread who think a "smart" TV won't turn on unless you have it connected to internet lol. I disabled that shit and use mine for PS4 and cable TV. Works great.

You are to understand Jews have made BITNET TV, these TV are not even cheap. The literally sell 720p at the same rate 5 years ago. Then the release a new tech oled. It is not even cheaper yet and they throw microled. They think people car. But once you got a TV you don't give a shit. The only thing that matters is how cheap.

t, shill working on a sunday

>disable WiFi antenna
Congratulations! You voided your warrantry!

Yes LED TV has deeper blacks and better colors in general thanks to the LED backlight, both LCD and LED have backlight but the type used in LED TV is LED and is better.

There is objectively nothing wrong in my post.

>webm
Who the fuck comes up with these brain-dead ideas?

Google

is it even possible to buy a big screen (at least 55-60) without all this worthless smart bs?
I have a nice rig just for that so it's useless to me.

All big screens don't have "worthless smart bs" as long as you don't connect it to the internet.

Your data isn't worth anywhere enough to make a difference in price.

Or you could just not connect to a WiFi network. My TV setup (Vizio) allowed me to skip this step and I've never had any issues. Also in case you're wondering, there are no open WiFi networks in range.

They also show ads in the UI and while you're watching your stuff

>buy smart TV
>never connect it to the internet
>get the savings without having your data collected

Not an argument and you don't even know how to use "t." properly. Go back.

Fucking rich north coasters, buying all the big TV's

It is crazy. I have a family. How the fuck would I justify not having a phone to them? "Sure, it would be nice if you could, like, rely on me, but I'm worried about bounty hunters and stuff" isn't going to cut it.

Not to mention TVs sold on black Friday are specifically built with cheaper components and have 90 warranties

>2019
>using a TV
>not just having high quality monitors on your PC

Attached: 1496210368650.png (680x680, 430K)

Tell me where I can get a 65 inch monitor with infinite contrast ratio and 1ms response times.

>yfw it's 2010 all over again

Attached: 4ce.jpg (676x540, 34K)

How fat is your soul that you think you need such an obese screen size for anything?

That's not argument, if he wants a 65 inch screen then a tv or projector is the only option

congratulations! if you live in a first world country (anywhere in EU) your cucked burger regulations dont apply, and you dont void your warranty by doing that

Enjoy your eyes getting worn out from looking at a close object for such extended periods of time.

>guy at work starts going on about how great led tvs are
>go get coffee for the next 30 minutes
irl shitposting retards are the worst

>buying a "smart" anything
lmao

I'm pretty sure all the "warranty void if removed" bullshit is illegal in the US as well.

No remote and only a single displayport input. Wouldn't recommend towards normies and kind of a pain even if you set it up yourself. Also gaymers prioritize useless refresh rates and input lag over decent picture quality.

>years humanity did not need cellphones to survive: millions
>years humanity "needed" cellphones to survive: about twenty
It is not necessary to be able to contact everyone you know instantly at any given time. You have a schedule, your family should know when to expect you to be available.
If you're so distant and your location is so imprecise as to require a cellphone to contact you then you're definitely too far away to help in case of an emergency anyway.

And that's why monitors are so expensive

Monitors are dirt cheap. You can get 1440p IPS monitors for under $200.

Not him but 40"+ is ideal to watch anime and it doesn't hurt the eyes because you can sit farther and still be able to read the subs and enjoy it.

Attached: 1319347429001.jpg (750x562, 74K)

Maybe I’m an autist but I just download and curate my own watching playlists, so I don’t really need a smart tv?

This, I have a PC hooked up to my TV and pirate everything I can, it pays for itself

>affordable
>$4000 and dies in two years
>still datamines you.