What does Jow Forums think of the Surface Pro?

What does Jow Forums think of the Surface Pro?

Attached: 1533737832789.jpg (830x467, 53K)

more like surface poo

Attached: 1540846723755s.jpg (125x125, 3K)

Garbage and borderline unserviceble.

>got the $450 Surface Go deal
>works okay in S mode
>want to watch anime/movies
>change to pro to use utorrent and vpn
>1080p movies perform like crap
>web browsing is choppy
>overall performance takes a massive dump
Fuck is this the norm? I might return this shit and wait for a sale on the Surface Pro 6.

Wintoddler trash. Probably more useful than the iPad though.

This

The Surface Go is weaker than that midrange Surface Pro 3, why anyone would buy that garbage is beyond me.

Because it’s 10” it’s going back though...

Had an SP3 back in the day. I liked it. Its normy-tier trash but I liked the tablet form factor with the x64 internals. Ultimately ended up with a Surface Book because I couldn't stand typing anything extensive on the SP3 but I do miss the form factor and ease of use from time to time.

Attached: gb41833_survivor_journey_surface_pro_3_01.jpg (700x525, 33K)

Surface Pro with i5 is probably the best tablet.

I don't think about it.

Most laptop on the market except Macbook are made for Windows. Deal with it leeching freetards

What's a good cheap passively cooled laptop? Surface Go the only option?

The 5th and 6th gen i5 are passively cooled.

It may be doing background updates. Keep it on for like 4 hours and let it do its thing. Or just get an ipad non pro and get a working tablet

>Cannot be serviced
>not even MS will repair it
>Shitty thermals.
>If it dies you have to tear it apart to get to the m.2 to get your data.

Impossible to repair (but I don't make as big a deal out of that as the rest of/g/ does, so whatever.)
Pretty great as a laptop from what I can tell, but just awful as a tablet. In fact, I'd go far enough to say that outside of the stylus, the touch screen is kind of unimportant enough to be removed entirely and replaced with a normal display.
Keyboard feels awful. The keys themselves are fine, but the hollow "pock pock pock" sound from the empty space underneath the cover when in use is fairly disconcerting. There's also the fact that is flexes so much and the base is so thin.

Generally, 6.8/10. It's extremely expensive and unusuable without the keyboard cover, which is also impossible to repair and insanely expensive, but the actual experience of using it as a laptop is OK.

Surface Go immediately transforms to trash once you upgrade it to full Windows.

It's okay as a tablet, but it makes for a retarded laptop.

My Surface Pro 3 has been a dependable workhorse, although the Type Cover fabric is starting to peel apart after 4 years

Because poor Microsoft after sale service in my area, I bought this as an alternative. It's been a month and actually replaced my daily driver laptop.
It also includes keyboard cover and wacom pen and quite cheaper

Attached: ideapad-miix-510-hero.png (725x515, 66K)

Doubtful.

I'm running Win10 Pro just fine on a Pentium CPU and 4GB of ram.

Then again I'm not an autist that has 20 programs running at the same time.

EUfag so my opinion is altered by the fact the EU twats force the store I buy it from to either repair it/replace it/give me my money back (based on the cost of it at the current date, if it's €100 cheaper than what I bought it, I only get that amount).

I have the SP6 but I installed Windows LTSB on it. and just downloaded the driver pack.
If i had regular Windows on it, I'd spend a few hours debloating it, adding in group policy and using that to debloat it from all sorts of garbage.

LTSB works just fine, albeit some features missing from newer updates.

But as a tablet, it's... okay. It's heavy compared to an iPad or an Android tablet, even with a keyboard cover.

Windows is pretty much bad as a tablet OS. Supposedly Edge is good but I just use firefox and a user agent switcher to put out that I'm on an mobile OS so sites load in mobile.

Sucks in laptop mode on your lap at times since the keyboard cover is too light to weigh it down - fine on a flat surface though like a table.

No USB-C means no powerbanks outside of a few speciality ones.
No idea on battery life since I'mr arely away from a socket.

Resolution is kinda fucked for programs since you either have to scale it up and that kills performance in games or you have to play in fullscreen mode. Which does not play nice with windowed mode.

Pen seems to be a bit odd - sometimes works fine, sometimes doesnt.

Pros: great for comics, videos, neat tablet for drawing (amateur).
Probably one of the "lightest" 2in1s for Windows 10. If you can do without needing just the tablet and can handle the extra weight, I'd get a Lenovo Yoga 730. Bit heavier, has fans but is cheaper