Microsoft shareholder here. Microsoft is planning to replace their kernel with the Linux kernel...

Microsoft shareholder here. Microsoft is planning to replace their kernel with the Linux kernel. Just though you'd like to know.

Attached: r4.png (500x482, 213K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/markjandrews/wrk-v1.2
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sounds like a good plan

Based and red pilled

ummm... how?

M$ is hostage of their own success.
They can't change too much because if their bream BC their user base will go apeshit

Why does my wife maki have stocks in microsoft and keep them secret from me
should I hide assets to protect myself for the coming divorce?

This makes sense. NT is a clusterfuck that nobody is willing to make incremental fixes to because their bosses will chew them out for making the testing team retest it. Linux is far more efficient and stable.

Windows/Linux would be better than Windows/NT.

Sometimes I wonder what would happen of Gates went nuts and just open sourced everything. Would people try to fix it?
Would they just port everything to linux and be done with it?

it would probably go the same way Linux went with the various distros. Different branches of the operating system that originate from the same singular core, each with it's own differences and quirks

My wife Maki is so cute.

Hey I just bought 1 single share of MSFT. Now I’m a shareholder too! Windows 11 is being released tomorrow!

HAHAHAHA no.
There's no way they could do that. All the NT exclusive drivers and programs that expect NTs quirks simply would stop running. No amount of compatibility layers could possibly realize this.

They already open sourced the most important part of the NT kernel:
github.com/markjandrews/wrk-v1.2

Nobody wants to touch it. It's awful. And it can't possibly be fixed because decades of programs and drivers depend on it being like this. Windows is the same. The OS is full of workarounds and alternate paths and hot binary patching to keep older programs running.

Anything M$ touches gives me a shortcut in knowledge to realize it as spyware sooner

so... thanks for the news will pay attention

Based
cringe larper

Just in case, Windows NT4 source code was leaked years ago. It essentially gives you the entire source code of the early NT kernel. If the intention is to take a look at the NTOSKRNL just google for the NT4 source code.

hahahahaha

HAHAHAHA

No.

Maybe in like, two generations. Corporate couldn't possibly deal with organizing that kind of change. Then again, it is Microsoft, so they may just brute force it until there's a minimum viable product and hype the shit out of it... So maybe from a marketing perspective it oculd be possible, but LOL, just no

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Microsoft Unixd, is in fact, NT/Unix, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, "the Unix PC." Unix is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning NT system made useful by the Microsoft corelibs, powershell utilities, and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX. Many computer users run a modified version of the Microsoft system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of NT which is widely used today is often called “Windows”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the NT system, developed by the Microsoft Project. There really is a Unix, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Unix is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Unix is normally used in combination with the NT operating system: the whole system is basically NT with Unix added, or NT/Unix. All the so-called “Windows” distributions are really distributions of NT/Unix.

Under rated post.

Just cause you’re a shareholder doesn’t make you immediately more informed. You can be just as ignorant and in the dark as anyone else. Now if you said, BOARD MEMBER, I would lend you my ear.

No we aren't asshole.

Embrace, extend, and extinguish.

post yfw microsoft is already the biggest contributor to the linux kernel and it's really ms' kernel now anyway

Attached: 1542709136021.png (1654x2339, 2.87M)

>year of the linux desktop finally arrives
>t-thanks microsoft

>the install base for WSL is higher than actual linux desktop

Attached: 1534323354204.jpg (1203x1072, 107K)

EEE

Why do I need Pajeet$hit kernel (with added botnet, spyware, adware, breaks all the fucking time-ware) when I have gentoo ?

>Gates

Bullshit, if you said BSD I'd believe, but Linux is GPL no way M$ will ever use that

MS already fully integrated all linux kernel functionality into the NT kernel.

>Microsoft
>Breaking backwards compatibility

Please stop spreading lies using the picture of my wife.
Thanks.

I want Maki to give me a baby

It has to happen eventually.

That's where you're wrong faggot. W10 has better support for W95 programs than ever before.

> shareholder

Learn how the stock market works before you post low effort bait like this you fucking gorilla nigger. Holy hell I hate gen z.