Chinese x86 CPUs to compete with Intel & AMD

>The Chinese government has been working with VIA Technologies to create their own x86 processor that is able to deliver genuine PC performance on par with the Intel chips it’s trying to replace. The new KaiXian KX-6000 CPU from Zhaoxin has been demonstrated for the first time, promising a 50% performance boost over its previous chip, and the potential to rival a Kaby Lake Core i5 processor. That’s pretty impressive given that we’re talking about a modern 14nm Intel i5 being given a run for its money by a 16nm Chinese chip.

>We don’t know when actual commercial shipments of the new KX-6000 processors are likely to start, but it’s expected to be a 2019 launch.

pcgamesn.com/via-chinese-x86-cpu-matches-core-i5

Attached: pic3(10).jpg (660x377, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

anandtech.com/show/13388/zhaoxin-shows-x86-compatible-kaixian-kx6000
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Hygon-Dhyana-AMD-China-CPUs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>The KaiXian KX-6000 is a successor to the KX-5000 CPU launched earlier this year. Both chips integrate eight-core x86-64 cores with 8 MB of L2 cache, a DirectX 11.1-capable iGPU with an up-to-date display controller, a dual-channel DDR4-3200 memory controller, contemporary I/O interfaces (PCIe, SATA, USB, etc), and so on. The key differences between the KaiXian KX-5000 and the KaiXian KX-6000 are frequencies and manufacturing technology: the former is produced using TSMC’s 28 nm fabrication process and runs at up to 2 GHz, whereas the latter is made using TSMC’s 16 nm technology and operates at up to 3 GHz. Zhaoxin claims that the Kaixian KX-6000 offers compute performance comparable to that of Intel’s 7th Generation Core i5 processor, which is a quad-core non-Hyper-Threaded CPU. Obviously, performance claims like that have to be verified, yet a 50% performance bump over the direct predecessor already seems beefy enough.

>Based on the previously published roadmap, we'd expect the CPU to hit the market in 2019, though when exactly is anyone's guess.

anandtech.com/show/13388/zhaoxin-shows-x86-compatible-kaixian-kx6000

Attached: KX-5K-6K.png (577x741, 32K)

Globalists BTFO

Attached: 1546056705923.gif (600x400, 892K)

>implying there isn't a chang backdoor

Attached: 1526735519252.png (1280x535, 738K)

China is "globalist" too. Only difference is with these chips you'll be spied by PLA instead of NSA.

>chang backdoor
caring about the chinese spying you

where do i sign up?

>run an amd cpu networked to a via cpu networked to an intel cpu networked to the internet
>NSA botnet gets blocked by chink botnet, chink botnet gets blocked by other NSA botnet
>no data escapes
I call it the double dutch irish sandwich but for data security instead of tax avoidance

wtf I love China now

what's the point when AMD's chips are faster and more power efficient?

Based

Attached: 1546151922434.jpg (640x478, 81K)

how about the chipset though, can I use any motherboard?

no

New age has begun, gentlemen.

Attached: Pic80-0_rlt.png (1280x910, 1.71M)

They make them by license from AMD. If they try to compete with AMD, license is gone.

you can't take it back

do chinamen get v&'ed from looking at these runes?

My bad. It's not AMD, it's VIA.
>I've been interested in VIA motherboards and CPUs ever since they came up with the Mini-ITX standard in the very early 2000s. Their approach of bringing fanless and power efficient designs to the x86 market was ground breaking at the time.

>VIA processors are designed by Centaur Technology, and there is an excellent documentary entitled "Rise of the Centaur" retracing their history, which I really enjoyed watching.

>It's unfortunately very difficult to find information about recent VIA x86 CPUs. The VIA QuadCore, their latest one, was announced in May 2011, and it remains an open question whether there will be newer ones or not, as the company seems to be focusing on the ARM architecture.

>In fact the status of VIA's x86 licensing agreement is quite unclear. There was an FTC ruling against Intel in 2010 specifying that a five years extension should be offered to VIA once the ongoing agreement would expire in 2013, and that the agreement should be modified to allow VIA (among other companies) to consider mergers or joint ventures. The later being the way VIA apparently took, which gave birth to Zhaoxin.

>Some information in English about Zhaoxin x86 CPUs is available on WikiChip. However, those CPUs seems to only be available within China. For now?

As if a license is gonna stop chinaman.

Only in the dreams of LARPers.

'Chinaman' paid good money to be able to sell these legally.

intel btfo

fucking retard lol OP even says Via... who bought cyrix

My bad got them mixed up.

They accidentally the chinese server market.

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Hygon-Dhyana-AMD-China-CPUs

>I call it the double dutch irish sandwich but for data security instead of tax avoidance

See above, the hoops that AMD had to jump in order to "legally" license the x64 IP for China.

so these will sell for $30? i might buy one

My angle was that the globalist corporations hired Chinese engineers and opened Chinese factories for muh profits, then the Chinese make their own CPUs and the globalist economy reverts back to nationalist economies.

They'll probably used internally by the government and government funded purchases. I doubt we'll see them in consumer hands for like a decade

Well, at least I will be botnetted by people who don't know me.
I'll take that over the Intel SecureGoy Engine.

VIA has been making x86 for decades, they are also Taiwanese.
Is chinese government refferring to ROC or PROC?

光榮的中國技術

It refers to the Shanghai Municipal Government.

>Model: ZX-F (KX-7000)
>Production: 2019 (Planned)
>Node: 7 nm
>DDR: DDR5
>PCIe: 4.0
>Performance: similar to 2018 Ryzen

Attached: IMG_20190112_034110.png (679x960, 651K)

>caring about the chinese spying you

China is worse than America on this matter dude

intel needs to outsource to TSMC ASAP

Why?

so we can get cpu that's 4x as fast next year

this to be honest

they will not renew it and then magically another chinese company will be making "very similar" cpu's

lmao Joe Capitalist sold out his country because he didn't want to pay American workers a living wage and now Chang Chinaman has stolen all of his IP and is going to bury his fat dumb ass

Funny how mortal enemies have such close ties.

>Joe Capitalist
Implying he cares for anything but money, no matter from where.

Says the American

/thread
Actually, don't end it yet.

intel wish they can execute on this level

Attached: 1539736626030.jpg (639x454, 41K)

>The Chinese government
Which one?

Attached: 1539295711432.gif (345x230, 859K)

>14nm

lol

>The American Chamber of Commerce in China surveyed over 500 of its members doing business in China regarding IPR for its 2016 China Business Climate Survey Report, and found that IPR enforcement is improving, but significant challenges still remain. The results show that the laws in place exceed their actual enforcement, with patent protection receiving the highest approval rate, while protection of trade secrets lags far behind.

>unactivated windows

The relevant one?

Attached: IMG_20190112_034326.png (505x910, 694K)

and how he'll get money when chang is selling his stuff?

stocks

>SSE 4.2, AVX
Why fucking bother

Running Vive games already.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-01-14-02-39-03-003_com.vanced.android.youtube.jpg (1080x740, 190K)

>The relevant one?

Attached: 1543846629189.jpg (545x526, 233K)

Why? I see a pretty old version running GTA V without any problems. Why should I care about SSE5?

I for one welcome our chinese overlords. Let them spy on me, it's not like they're gonna try to sell me shit with intrusive ads and dictate what I should watch or not. The chinese only care about other chinese.

China is literally the mastermind behind globalism.

Taiwan

He means the ROC aka Taiwan. Commies shilling for Commie China. Obligatory Tiananmen Square and Falun Gong.

I'm most fearful about the security vulnerabilities.

Amazing what AI can do with old gaems.

"Monster Hunter World on PC won't boot for users with CPUs that lack the FMA3 instructions(Now Fixed)"
"The Crew 2 is not supported by the following processors due to missing instruction sets:
- Processors without SSE 4.X Instruction Set (deployed in 2006), including AMD’s Phenom AM2/3 processors
- Processors without AVX Instruction Set, released before 2011 or part of the Intel Pentium or Celeron families
There is currently no available workarounds, we are sorry for the inconvenience."
I can find many more cases and yes this is most likely due to copyright protection like denuvo, but not supporting modern instruction sets is just asking for trouble a few years down the line.

>eight core chip
>comparable to a non-HT intel cpu

Bet it has worse IPC than bulldozer

That's great user, but it has all of these.

I feared you would overlook the point and instead fixate on that.

>The chinese only care about other chinese

Until they rule the world, in which case they'll be watching you for any potentially harmful "Caucasian nationalist activity with the potential to disrupt social harmony of the Han Empire". And if you step but a tiny bit out of line, make one slanty-eyed joke on Jow Forums.cn, one single errant critique of the government at the dinner table (while your Shenzhen-built IOT devices listen in), and you have yourself a one-way ticket to the Xinjiang Gulag.

Attached: The Urumqi Archipelago.jpg (622x350, 63K)

Also, does it have AES, FMA3, AVX2?

I'd trust Taiwan but not mainland

Amd, licensed their zen core to via you retards.

I've been looking for actual photos of any of their chips for over a year now and found nothing.

If it's of any consolation, they wouldn't trust you either.

Attached: 8mbwlbjkbuu01.jpg (3840x2160, 234K)

Based Islanders selling Mainlanders trojan chips

Even more based desu

So what happens when chinks get good enough with their intel cpu clones? We know they can't innovate, only steal and copy technology

>have you tried coping harder?

this

intel forces to lower their i9 to $99

there will be another holocaust before that ever happens

Just like amd is copying intel?

Based chinks, I hope I can get this on AliExpress, the Loongsoon crap was hard to find
The post gets filtered to them, sometimes the entire thread or even the entire site
I'd guess it's either thread-wise or post-wise on Jow Forums since there's chinks on Jow Forums and Jow Forums and the pasta it's at least on a thread at all times

They didn't
AMD licensed Zen to an AMD subsidiary that's actually totally chinese but half of it it's AMDs property, it's called Dhaygon or something, it isn't Taiwanese VIA and it's chink (PROC) subsidiary
VIA was never alive on high performance chips, until the chinks injected shitloads of cash and R&D into them

intel BTFO

meanwhile AMD making big dick money selling their Epyc CPU design license to chinese government

>china says...
Not saying it's impossible or anything, but I'll believe it when I see it.

>VIA
>Chinese government
Does "Chinese government" here mean the Taiwanese government?

are you a mainlander?

The legitimate one: the vanguard of the people

Attached: xi01.jpg (650x433, 50K)

动态网自由门 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Free Tibet 六四天安門事件 The Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 天安門大屠殺 The Tiananmen Square Massacre 反右派鬥爭 The Anti-Rightist Struggle 大躍進政策 The Great Leap Forward 文化大革命 The Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution 人權 Human Rights 民運 Democratization 自由 Freedom 獨立 Independence 多黨制 Multi-party system 台灣 臺灣 Taiwan Formosa 中華民國 Republic of China 西藏 土伯特 唐古特 Tibet 達賴喇嘛 Dalai Lama 法輪功 Falun Dafa 新疆維吾爾自治區 The Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region 諾貝爾和平獎 Nobel Peace Prize 劉暁波 Liu Xiaobo 民主 言論 思想 反共 反革命 抗議 運動 騷亂 暴亂 騷擾 擾亂 抗暴 平反 維權 示威游行 李洪志 法輪大法 大法弟子 強制斷種 強制堕胎 民族淨化 人體實驗 肅清 胡耀邦 趙紫陽 魏京生 王丹 還政於民 和平演變 激流中國 北京之春 大紀元時報 九評論共産黨 獨裁 專制 壓制 統一 監視 鎮壓 迫害 侵略 掠奪 破壞 拷問 屠殺 活摘器官 誘拐 買賣人口 遊進 走私 毒品 賣淫 春畫 賭博 六合彩 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Winnie the Pooh 劉曉波动态网自由门

I don't speak chink. What am I reading ?

Highest model has 8 cores, 8MB L3 cache (?), Supports up to DDR4 2133MHZ(?), has an integrated GPU, supports SSE4.2 and AVX instruction sets (implying it has no support for TSX, AVX2, FMA3, etc.), I don't know what Sm3/4 is
read this instead

>an integrated GPU
Stopped reading right there.

Correction, looks like it's 8MB level 2 cache. Fore reference the i9 9900k has 2MB L2 cache, R7 27--X has 4MB. Not sure how it fares with no L3 cache.
Also looks like 3GHz on the 8 core so fuck knows what you'd do with this or what sort of motherboard you need.

>VIA was never alive on high performance chips, until the chinks injected shitloads of cash and R&D into them
based china

>x86
why the fuck should I care about any non-SPARC architecture?

>Well, at least I will be botnetted by people who don't know me.
>I'll take that over the Intel SecureGoy Engine.

You retards should be hanged. Do a little research of the things the CPP has done and still does.

By the way, i'm not defending NSA shit.

Yeah their whole design is pretty different compared to typical AMD and intel solutions. As much as I dislike china it is cool to see new takes on x86 architectures. it be especially interesting if these chips actually are on an i5 level if performance, though knowing cheap chinese crap that sounds like its just an outright lie.

>16nm
No thanks, my 14nm++++++ has a long way to go.

thats why the chinese love american cars and american culture

Says the amerimutt

DELID THIS

Attached: 1518959018883.png (552x661, 288K)

their next cpu is 7nm