What's the most future proof flagship smartphone out there that'll last 4+ years...

What's the most future proof flagship smartphone out there that'll last 4+ years, receive security and OS updates well beyond the purchase date, and run as smooth and quick as it did when new?

Attached: 8BA57C55-F4CD-4716-9CAA-3D10C791B39C.jpg (2000x1125, 1.25M)

iPhone XS

iPhone SE

Smartphones peaked in 2016.

OnePlus 3

>that'll last 4+ years
If you mean 4+ years of OS updates you’ll have to go with Apple.

Do the rules allow me to update the device myself, or is that not allowed?

Based and redpilled

Librem 5, as one of the design goals. Anyone naming any Android or iOS phone has no idea what they're talking about.

iPhone 6. But like you're 4 years too late.

the smartphone bubble has burst and there's no innovation anymore.
name one reason to ever buy a flagship phone in 2019 other than being consumer cattle.

Samsung galaxy s3 with replicant

Any flagship which isn't locked down and has good custom ROM support. Takes 5 minutes to find out on XDA.
>go with updates which throttle your phone when Apple decides your battery is too old or have your phone randomly shut down otherwise
Not the wisest decision.

>update prevents your phone from shutting down randomly
I hated my 4S shutting down and taking 30 minutes to restart.
>now you can toggle this behavior
>got battery replaced for $40

>replicant
OP's requirements included:
>run as smooth and quick as it did when new?
Replicant is buggy, lacks features, and is the exact opposite of what op was looking for.

>run as smooth and quick as it did when new?
I don't think such a phone exists.
You could try with some LineageOS supported chinkphone

Do you also have to pay $50 for updates? I think so.

None of them.

And anyone naming a device which isn't even certain to see a release date, forget commercial availability isn't very wise either.

>Do you also have to pay $50 for updates
I haven't heard of this for replicant.

Could be Sailfish then.

This. Also listen isn't actually known for "delivering" on their device claims. Remember all the pissed off people who cried funded their laptop.

Yea sailfish charges $50 a year for updates.
>Librem

>replaced battery on my own in my iphone 5s
>7€
Meanwhile you need fucking heatguns to open up samsung phones. what the fuck happend to the "WELL AT LEAST I CAN CHANGE MY BATTERY EASILY IN MY PHONES" argument

iPhone 6S. Best phone.

fpbp

Swapped the battery in my 4S too for like €8 at the time, was easy shit, only one tiny thing tries to jump out. The new OS killed it though, something that didn't really happen with iOS 12 on iPhone 6.

WTF I love apple now.

-LG G5 got official Oreo and almost every part is replaceable if it breaks, also, specs are gr8 for current year
-Galaxy S3 if you dont mind swapping batteries every 2hrs and dont need 4G
-Moto X2 with a new battery if you listen to a lot of music (the DAC is god-tier)

Not flagship, but I've been using a sharp 02-G for 3.5 years. Sharp seems to be a good brand.

Get any unlocked bootloader device that has a Snapdragon 845 with Qcom x20 (the pinnacle of LTE technology).

You can then update the ROM yourself and take control of your own security, while having the best LTE, HSPA+, UTMS and GSM modems ever made.

Let's get this straight. Flagships are made for 2 years. If you want a flagship this means you have money so you should switch it in 2-3 years.
If you don't have money, which is quite obvious since you want to keep it for 4 years, get a 200-300$ phone and switch it in 2 years or so.

based and redpilled.

this.