What's a good x299 motherboard that isn't fucking ASUS?

ASUS is supposedly releasing new ones this week, but pricey as fuck. When they work, they are great. Problem is, they are often made like shit, esp the RAM slots (often one or more just doesn't fucking work) and the then the BIOS. After a time, BIOS will start fucking up, so you try to update it. Then it goes fucking balls up, you spend an entire weekend trying to figure out what's wrong, you call their shitty customer service and they tell you to send it in, you need to remove a shield and press something to reset, but not to do it yourself or might fuck up entire thing. Fine.
Send it in, the fuckers accuse you of bending goddam pins. So, maybe I'm the fucking retard here right? Go to Amazon, all the fuckers have same exact complaints. Any suggestions? Thinking about the Gigabyte x299, but those fuckers have raised price by over $150 in last 6 months or so.
Also, unless you plan to overclock the fucker, does it even matter? I want some slots for my SSDs, the ones that cost me half a ball. Other than not, not going to fuck around with overclocking. Any recommendations for a decent 299 that is NOT fucking ASUS? What's the least amount I can spend on a motherboard with a few PCIE slots and with relatively simple BIOS?

Attached: asus-299.jpg (696x464, 92K)

Asus is the best brand. Simple as that. Gigabyte is by far the worst and MSI likes to cheap out in their VRMs. Maybe try ASRock?

You made a mistake buying into the scam platform that is X299 in the first place

Also, Intel now has a masse shortage of i-9s (planned to drive up price, or chinks blocking access to rare earth minerals?) thanks to fucking ASUS, now have a book I keep near my bed "Breaking Through the Bios Barrier" along with 3 others on my iPad that were free from kindle. RAM just keeps fucking going up. Only thing getting less expensive seems to be hard drives.
Anyone have an AMD setup and can recommend it? i'd truly love to tell Intel to go fuck themselves as they keep raising prices. Motherboards might be better too. Can't be any worse.

>Asus is the best brand. Simple as that
And user, you have had no problems with BIOS and fucking updating? Maybe I was just to anxious to get a pricey one and should try togo down to one more in ~~$450 range. Which one do you have? If you think I'm full of shit, go look at reviews for ASUS Rampage VI on amazon

I've read problems about some of their higher end intro boards for X299. But it seems that's everyone because X299 is a dead platform. I have an Asus crosshair VI Hero X370 board for AMD. Before that I had Asus ROG boards as far back as my i5-3570k and never had an issue.

If you still MUST go Intel, at least get they're more mainstream Z390 platform and an i9-9900k. But 90% of companies long since have up on X299

Also, have found ASUS X299 work best with VR, and they claim their boards are set for future and prepared for untethered VR sets already. As far as I see it, all the games coming out of West are shit now. All I really play is Arma games, Witcher 3 with Mods, hopeful about Cyberpunk 2077, and in Feb a new game based on the Russian post-apocalyptic game is coming out that looks fucking incredible. No, not the one from 6 years ago, it's totally new and best graphics have ever seen.

Deal with it user. Asus is the best PC mobo manufacturer.
t. z370 ASRock Extreme4 user

Any major changes would have to make to my system if I changed to AMD, other than card and motherboard? Can use same graphics cards i use to SLI now and same SSDs in PCIE slots, or would I be looking at needing to transfer, reformat, and then put back?
also, probably a fucking retarded question but what is a "thread-ripper?" Please understand, have never used a fucking AMD ever. I do hear it's a lot easier to use multiple monitors with hem and you don't need to worry about "GSYNC" shit (although they claim they are making a bunch of "normal" monitors GSYNC compatible.
Thanks user, going to instigate ASUS Crosshair VI Hero X370 and when I get my $650 from Amazon for the shitty ASUS board (thank Christ i paid extra for a real warranty), might just go AMD...

>Deal with it user. Asus is the best PC mobo manufacturer.
>t. z370 ASRock Extreme4 user
You're dealing with $250 shit though, not the high-end ones.

threadripper is the better equivalent of the intel x299 platform. more cores, pci-e lanes, cheaper.
unsure how you cam up with graphics cards. this was only cpu related.
not your tech support board, you are completely tech illiterate.

>an Asus crosshair VI Hero X370 board for AMD
From what I see, I really fucking like it so far. But can I use the same "normal" RAM I had in my ASUS x-299 or do I need to get a different kind? Also, if you have friends with Intel 9s and use for gaming, do you notice a difference?
For the fucking lousy month I had my ASUS ROG Rampage VI, my Intel 9 (cost $1,400 shekels, forget exact model) and my 64 gigs of RAM, it was the fucking best graphics and best running PC have ever seen or had.
Want to see what the new $700 one is like and read the reviews and then maybe, make commit to it if I don't go AMD since I already have the $650 from past one.

>unsure how you cam up with graphics cards
Gee, such a nice fucking human being you are. Why am I wiling to be the first digit of your weight is 4? All i asked, your dumb motherfucker, was if SLI worked equally well with an AMD setup as with Intel. That's all. No one asked your fat, sweaty ass for "Tech support. You don't wanna answer? THEN DON'T ANSWER, YOU FAT SWEATY PIG OF A MAN!!! JESUS CHRIST, THE MISERABLE FUCKING DEGENERATES ON HERE, ALWAYS LOOKING FOR AN ARGUMENT.
only a few of em compared to overall numbers here, but even after 4+ years, never cease to amaze me.

Attached: tiresome.png (500x380, 96K)

Also, if you watt get good advice from oldfags who genuinely know their shit and will be fine to you (even if you are a newfag) so long as you are't a complete hard-on to them, this is site to go. None of them are 19 and 400lbs with chips on shoulder. Many in 40s.50s, made their money in the and now just working on interesting shit in their retirement.
Yes, the site has some adds, but if you can do a basic installation of scriptblock, ad-block plus, etc.. then you'll not have issues.
This is site. Free to et up an account, but they do keep count of posts so they can easily identify a newfag (not always a bad thing, and people will often go out of their way to fucking help you if you are new and you ask for help).

Attached: oooverclok.png (1716x1042, 2.15M)

MAYBE GOOGLE IT YOU FAT NERD? X299 Dark EVGA all the way. Just snagged one off eBay for 190 off EVGA official store and isn’t rgb cancer

Attached: 5983ECBC-4426-4B47-95E6-9B3B3201348A.gif (399x152, 135K)

>x299 is a scam platform

don't need to tell me, I had to troubleshoot asus support to find out which SATA ports were disabled when I used an m.2 drive.

Also raid functionality wasn't working with nvme drives when I bought my board at launch either. And both of those were undocumented!

I'm not But damn you need to take your meds or something. You went full retard sperg out after your blatantly obvious tech illiteracy was pointed out.
You need to be 18 to post here and it might be a good idea to not act like you have a double digit IQ and anger issues if you don't want people to treat you like a belligerent dumbass.
Also gaymen shit
Still not your fucking tech support retard. It's in the sticky, don't like it? Find another site to be a retard on.

Honestly user, just upgrade to AM4 and get a cheap second hand R7 2700X when the ryzen 3000 series comes out. Ryzen 4000 will still be on AM4 and it will probably support ddr5. This is just speculation on my part but I'm pretty sure you'll need a new chipset for the first gen intel 10nm processors and then another one for the second gen with ddr5.

>buying anything intel at 2019

you deserve it

Rampage IV had issues with the network card where it wouldn't negotiate the link with half of the gigabit devices I tried and I had to force 10/100 for them to work

Rampage V Edition 10 has issues with it's onboard sound card and any mic connected to it sounds like shit (on both linux and winshit). Had to buy a chinese USB sound card to use my mic

One of them has no BIOS updates for intel's security bullshit and the other has a BIOS still in beta after fuck knows how many months, that will only fix half issues.

After all these years ASUS is dead for me.

>Gigabyte worst
go fuck yourself shill.

What's wrong with you dumb faggots? Gigabyte boards are god tier now. Just lol, for instance the best Z390 boards come from Gigabyte.

>Gigabyte is by far the worst
Not anymore
As far as VRM goes, it's Gigabyte > ASUS now