Is there anything better than Clover out there? Please don't tell me Dashchan or Overchan, those are both bad...

Is there anything better than Clover out there? Please don't tell me Dashchan or Overchan, those are both bad, and everything on the Play Store is dogshit. Also yes I am using the dev version, it is still slow as balls and hasn't been updated in months.

Attached: 1547239593288s.jpg (192x192, 4K)

I second this, any app that shows the fucking last 3 thread replies in the index instead of just OP?

How quickly would I be crucified here if I said the web app?

Attached: home run.png (1920x1080, 2.71M)

Clover is good

Is it? It takes forever to load a board now, is pretty barebones, and rarely gets updated. Just look at the apps available for reddit and you'll realize how underwhelming it is.

only outdated shit needs updates

This is the dumbest shit I've ever heard, and it always gets posted in Clover threads. Imagine the trash you'd be using today if software developers actually thought this way.

I would pin that on Hiro fucking everything up.

>It takes forever to load a board now
The problem's your own device; I'm not running the dev version, yet boards load up in an instant for me on my chinkphone.
>is pretty bare bones
I like it like that. It makes it fast and lean unlike the current reddit app which is just an abomination.
>rarely gets updated
It's an open-source one-man project probably developed for fun.
>look at the apps available for reddit and you'll realize how underwhelming it is
Clover is perfect.
What? It's true, though. Your "argument" is the core reason why programs today are so bloated.

>What? It's true, though. Your "argument" is the core reason why programs today are so bloated.
no, you just have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
if you mean to tell me that your argument against updating software is
>bloat
I'm honestly not sure what to tell you, and i'm not sure why i'm surprised at reading something that stupid on Jow Forums but hey, fuck the giant attack surface you expose by not updating your software, but at least you have somehow fooled yourself into thinking that keeps the B L O A T away, good for you i guess

FUCKING THIS
the last time the site went down for "maintenance", when it came back up it fucked with the API Clover uses, the main issue I've been having is waiting forever for a post to show on the board, like it has to go through a scan or a vetting process before it gets posted unlike before when it would go through after at most 10 seconds

OK dude I get it NEW STUFF BAD, but that's just not the case with everything. It's not my device (P3XL), I'm not talking about the official reddit app, I'm talking about the numerous alternatives developed by other one-man teams, and it's the might be the best available, but Clover is far from perfect.

Chanu still works best for me, sadly it hasn't been updated in a while.

what do you mean it's slow? it doesn't do anything much more complicated than fetching the page

FLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEENS

I just use Chrome, man. It's super good and convenient.

I'm not sure how I'm meant to interpret your ill-advised responses as they don't really provide any arguments to support your view. You seem to misunderstand what meant by "outdated".

Clover literally does everything I have no idea what more clover could do

The only problem I have with clover is that I can't put the download folder on my SD card.
Anyone know a work around? I would just move the whole ago to the card if I could

Why the fuck does clover not have a (you) watcher so I dont have to waste time going through 20 different threads in 3 different boards looking for my shitposts WHY THE FUCK

Attached: image_22.jpg (372x268, 57K)

Dashchan hasn't seen an update since a year and still miles ahead everything else.

You are part of the problem. Please leave

It does, dum dum

my man, you're just talking out your ass
>only outdated shit needs updates
is about as baseless, ill-advised and completely unsubstantiated by any sort of claim by you or any actual software professionals (don't try quoting suckless, autist). why wouldn't i want to update to the most recent version of some software, specifically if there were some sort of vulnerabilities exposed in recent versions, that were patched in an update?

or I'm clearly misunderstanding your use of the word outdated? either way, you're not really making much sense, nor are you really arguing towards any point, you just come across as some sperg trying to jerk yourself off, but whatever you need, i can pretend to be your friend if it'll make you feel better

>posting for (You)s

Attached: 1517974857843.jpg (601x601, 156K)

Very good point, even proprietary bullshit like Mimi has that

>actually using your phone to post on Jow Forums

Attached: 1468839574015.jpg (10000x10000, 1.56M)

>It takes forever to load a board now
Because of Hiro changing the JSON api to update every 30 seconds instead of multiple times a second?

It's as fast as always. Your phone is a potato.

>"I'm a faggot who sees a problem but claims you wouldn't want to do the thing in the first place"
Kill yourself

Attached: 1544939815666.jpg (225x225, 9K)

too slow on my Galaxy Poor

>not posting for (You)s

Attached: IMG_4791.jpg (2560x1707, 678K)

I have no clue what planet you're on to think that updating outdated software excludes software patches for exploits.
>or I'm clearly misunderstanding your use of the word outdated
Very. Clearly. The way you overreacted over such an insignificant misunderstanding just makes me believe you're a very good troll. Either way, it amuses me with your enraged autistic screeching.

check ya later

Crossboard links stopped working since the split.

You could try and buy a fucking computer instead of phoneposting like a little shit for starters.

Bro I have a fucking computer but I don't carry it around 24/7 ya dolt.

Omnichan

>Just look at the apps available for reddit

Aren't they all shit? I tried bacon reader but I quickly deemed it to be awful.

Clover on the other hand just werks

No it doesnt you lying sack of shit I cant keep track of threads Im posting in other than bookmarking or get autonotified of replies and its the current year WHERE IS MY YOU TRACKER

Attached: drumphfhowdareyouabsolutelywompwomp.jpg (477x746, 42K)

Can the dev add search as an extra? Just like right clik - search on google or whatever in ff

Attached: Screenshot_20190114-172648.png (600x1024, 80K)

Firefox

No, that's a bad example, but is still better than Clover imo. Take a look at Boost or Sync, and probably plenty of others.

Would be fucking easier to search for shit posted here than copy! open browser! paste! search

see

Attached: Screenshot_Clover_dev_20190114-103422.png (1080x2160, 122K)

It just got an update a month or 2 ago that broke captcha
That said when when it gets fixed it'll be #1 again

Anyone here uses Mimi? It works perfect to me

used to, but then the prophet Floens arrived with a superior application known as Clover, now I walk the path of the righteous dev

>takes forever
WorksOnMyMachine.webm

dumb redditor

>carrying your PC to every part of your house, including bed.
I'm literally sitting in front of my PC and still phoneposting because Clover is convenient as fuck.

It literally updated last month and Jow Forums is slow due to Jow Forums being slow, retard. Why are phone posters so retarded?

json api refresh is at 30 seconds

It's literally perfect. I prefer it to browsing on a computer desu.

Stable hasn't been updated since April, and dev was 2 months ago, idk where you're getting an update from LITERALLY last month faget. Not to mention being slow wasn't even my main issue concern, just something that's been happening lately.

It's not though, but so do I. I'm not saying it isn't the best available, but if you compare it to other similar apps it's just not good.

>idk where you're getting an update from LITERALLY last month faget.
That's when I pressed "check for updates"

>Clover dev v3.0.1-e730d34b (17 Nov 2018)
>Clover is up-to-date

Just as I thought.
I'm sick of all kinds of cross-board links still being broken since the 4channel split.

The only flaw I've noticed is that you can't use meme flags on Jow Forums. And what other similar apps are you talking about?

I hope you never find out how to turn it on

Mostly I am comparing it to Sync for reddit, that's what I use and it's so much more user friendly and feature rich. I know it's not apples to apples, but the other chan apps are garbage tier.

-Better filtering options(ex. allowing threads to be pinned/moved to the top)
-Better UI/Material Design 2 (bitch all you want but consistency across the platform is better than whatever you hate about MD)
-Image "peek"
-(You) counter :^)
-App shortcuts
-Better captcha UI

idk that's just a few things off the top of my head but I am sure there's way more.

Ok, but even if there was no update, what is your problem? Clover almost has no issues

For the moment it seems Clover is the only reasonably full function non proprietary app of its type. Overchan used to have a fork that was still updated but I think even that is abandoned perhaps. This is not to say Clover couldn't be updated either for features or security but overall it is working well even on my ancient Nexus 6.

I am curious as to why the devs do not include all the boards in the board add util though, at least on the fdroid version. It would be nice if they were all there to pick which you wanted to add.

Anyone use Clover with another board? It's nice it is supported as previously only overchan could do this, but even semi popular boards like 2ch or futaba, infinity , etc...it would be nice if they and their top boards were pre listed to be chosen

Hey thanks for the app recommendation it's really good

Not slow for me. Sorry you need to upgrade your phone or Internet.

I mean I have a Pixel 3 XL and 200 here at work, pretty sure neither of those are contributing.

They're all shit because Reddit API doesn't even let them show the popular page lmao
None of them but the official app has the preview gifs feature either.
Clover is like 10 times better than any of these pieces of crap.

Omnichan

You'll have to explain what's slow as loading webms are the most inconsistent thing I see, but photos and threads are pretty good. For a month or so posts made would not appear for close to a minute but that seems to be resolved.

going to reddit is one thing but actually caring about the "popular" page is a whole other level of cringe

The latest Dev version works great on my Nexus 7 2012

>using a device from 6 years ago
like i am going to trust what your concept of "great" is

Reddit apps show popular, I meant popular by country.
My country's Reddit popular page is, ironically, one of the best communities on the internet. The rest is Tiktok, Instagram tier bullshit. Stop assuming everyone as leftist americans.

Thank you based floens.

>popular posts about best streets to shit on
ok pajeet

>You're not American, then you must be Indian!
Ok fat shithead.

lmao learn to take a joke wang xiu ying

t. Pajeet

I use Mimi it's nice.

Attached: 1543440563035.png (787x830, 813K)

it can load images and play webms just fine

>no "top" option in catalog

Fuck you samefagging dev having to pin a thread and getting unsightly notifications is not the same as having something like the history function that only tracks threads in which you posted and tells you of any replies to your posts. There is no reason for clover to not have this stop drinking booze and do some work reeeeeeee

Attached: 1519261954331.jpg (500x500, 40K)

Mimi sucks a bag of dicks

Just changed clover 3.0.1 with the dev version, works a bit better now.

i hope FLOENS doesn't spyware me trough the dev version.

please, you're plebian ass can only hope to be spied on by based Floens, you aren't worth the effort

Firefox with 4chanX

WHAT IF FLOENS IS A FUCKING FED SPYING ON US WHILE WE MASTURBATE TO LOLI FOOT FETISH PICS?

I use the cracked version of Omnichan and it is really nice and /comfy/

mimi is great and i use it too