Another year another motherboard

Another year another motherboard.

Attached: Capture.jpg (929x471, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamesn.com/amd/amd-300-series-am4-motherboard-3rd-gen-ryzen-backwards-compatible
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

lol the BIOS chips on AM4 motherboards are only smol.

>this could constrain the amount of CPU microcode vendors are able to store

wtf I hate AMD now.

>cropped headline with no source
So we know it's fake. Fuck off.

Very low level shilling, Intel kikes.
>it's AMD's fault you bought a motherboard with the shittiest power delivery

msi asus and asrock will work for sure.
gigabyte may shit the bed as usual, I so regret getting gigabyte board.

>he thinks 300-series can handle zen 2 housefire chips.

pcgamesn.com/amd/amd-300-series-am4-motherboard-3rd-gen-ryzen-backwards-compatible

cheaper boards with not enough power delivery for high end CPU's

but at least it's not a new socket every 2 years

I don't hate Intel but it's good they finally have some competition to make actual CPU improvements and not just 3% performance increase every generation

Attached: 1414802423975.jpg (720x951, 145K)

uh

Oh look, the OP narrative falls apart instantly once you actually link the article.
>However, AMD does not promise that all previous AM4 motherboards will support the Ryzen 3000 CPUs. For example, the BIOS chips on the 300 boards (X370, B350, A320), which only hold 16 MiByte and therefore can not contain the microcodes for all models, could cause problems. As a solution, manufacturers could offer parallel BIOS versions. The 400er motherboards (X470, B450) carry 32 MiByte chips.
So not only will 300 series boards support the new chips via a forked BIOS, but it's literally not an issue with 400 series boards. Fake news debunked once again.

Attached: bang bang.webm (1920x1080, 2.31M)

What? That says that not all 300 series boards will support Ryzen 3000

>not
>may
Am I just retarded or does that headline make no sense? Not all motherboards may be compatible?

>mobo maker cheap out everywhere they can
>AMD BTFO
NPC can't process any thought for himself

16 core Ryzen 3000 confirmed

That might be an issue too but this article states the problem is the BIOS chip isn't large enough to hold the microcode.

Meanwhile Intel offers socket compatible chips that are pin incompatible.

If you were capable of reading comprehension then you would also notice that there is a solution for that problem.

>if i put my hands over my eyes I dont have to read news that I dont like and can keep pretending reality is different!

Get another motherboard

solution is mb makers making new mbs... que no?

> As a solution, manufacturers could offer parallel BIOS versions.

Just get the bios version for the specific CPU range.

|
|>
|
|
|

>"Not all AMD 300-series"
>but it's literally not an issue with 400 series boards.
Nigga no one mentioned any issues with 400 series boards.

This is what they get for stealing Intel chipset names like a child.

So basically what it says is there may be alternate BIOS versions. One BIOS which supports 1000 and 2000 chips, and another BIOS which only supports 3000 chips.

But yes, it was stupid how small the BIOS chips were on SOME 300 series boards. Board manufacturers knew that'd cause problems but they went with it anyway.

anything to save $2 when you're an AMDrone

ASRock tried to save 5 cents on the flash chip again?

Not the other guy but I bought a B450 so I'll be good to update to 3000 series whenever it tickles my pickle, and you will keep screeching on the internet because you have no choice but to update motherboard every chip series with intlel. Stay mad.

Attached: 1544696322546.png (800x523, 604K)

does anyone actually update their cpu every generation anyway?

im still on x58 going fine

Attached: 1536018483789.jpg (3024x4032, 3.09M)

Another tech-illiterate retard speaks. They used a standard size for a BIOS flash chip. Manufacturers were used to years and years of Intel kikery where your board can only support 1-2 lines of CPUs before it's obsolete, so didn't plan ahead by using a larger chip to hold the masses of microcode needed to support 3+ generations. With the 400 series they learned and 300 series boards will just be updated another way (dropping gen 1 and/or 2 support if you upgrade, which could be restored by downgrading again).

Nice cope though, Incel. I'll be dropping my 9900K-smashing chip with half the TDP into my Crosshair VI in less than six months. Enjoy your (literal) housefire.

A NEW MOTHERBOARD A YEAR KEEPS THE AYYMD GOYIM IN FEAR

>intel cope
crimoar.png

>denying reality
AMDrone

Power constraints are a thing.

we already know that the current gen mobos will probably be able to hold maybe 10 or 12 cores max
nothing new

when are you going to stop shitposting

This story has nothing to do with power delivery. Shove your drive-by hot take up your assholes, you retards.

>Another year another motherboard.

I don't care if there's a good reason like PCIe 4.0 and/or DDR5

How will the board boot in order to flash the other version?

Never heard of it

They should have known AMD would make people buy Ryzen 1700 then 2700 then 3700.

That's another reason you'll need a new board. If you want to overclock that is.

the story was ALWAYS about the power delivery concerning the FIRST GEN RYZEN mobos

who ever says otherwise is simply stupid

I just bought a 990FX motherboard on ebay

>it's ok when amd does it

Attached: 1451624288740.jpg (265x298, 19K)

Who are these mythical Titans of Men who are buying a new CPU every year? Why would you upgrade from a 2700 to a 3700? These people didn't even exist when the Intel memes were memes

>Who are these mythical Titans of Men who are buying a new CPU every year?
If you sell your computer and components while they are still current then you can basically sell them at 60% after whatever online marketplace take's it's cut. So if I bought a high end $250 cpu, used it for a year, upgraded to another $250 and sold the old cpu for $130 I've only spent $120 dollars to keep the cpu current. If you do this for everything except the PSU and case then you can get away with a keeping a high-end PC with all components in warranty for less than 500 a year. Pretty fucking cheap considering that is only $45 a month.

>Why would you upgrade from a 2700 to a 3700

So you can finally beat Sandy Bridge?

I was going to get a new one anyway because the B350 VRMs are utter garbage

Just as well I have a CH7 Wifi, and I'll be dropping a R9 3850X in it without any qualms whatsoever.

who is this smug slut

>I w-was going to get a new one anyway

DEJEET DIS

Attached: 1497642804319.png (802x799, 41K)

Good thing i held off on buying that 2600x.

3 years of support, 3 generations. meanwhile my expensive Z170 board is deprecated garbage bin material. never will I buy from this jewish nigger company again.
intel shills should just commit mass suicide before ZEN2 releases, it's over fags.

What kind of person replaces its Chip every fucking year.

I've rocked my i7 930 for about 10 years before upgrading, hell it still worked fine.

>only 45 a month
that's a very bad way to put it, it makes it seem cheaper. bad idea for poorfags.

I have an i7 6850K. Would an upgrade to Ryzen 3 be worth it?

>not getting a x5650

Attached: SKFlVpAW_400x400.jpg (256x256, 17K)

Depends. How many lanes did Broadwell-E have?
If they're all populated, then you might want to consider Threadripper desu senpai.