Have any of you ever installed ReactOS?

Have any of you ever installed ReactOS?

Attached: winzip.png (800x600, 68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reactos.org/wiki/Commiting_Changes
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yes

Yes, and unfortunately it wasn't too good. All it needs is more API implemented so you can use real hardware properly.

yes, just use wine desu

No but I had an intern install it for me

What are the use cases for this? Why would I want to lock myself into half-Windows? I'd rather use Linux + Wine.

Yes but only after I sucked an intern's dick

Installed what?

No because it didn't support any of my hardware I tried it on

Here's a lil redpill for you: many open source projects aren't made with and end use case in goal and instead are made to look good in resumes.

delete this

you are using an out of date version

Attached: a.png (800x600, 59K)

where the fuck is the btree encryption
it's been like 9 years

People still run machines with windows XP in bussiness to use their software writen in the stone age.
EVentually getting a XP activation key (let alone validating the key during the install process) will be impossible.

>re-creating windows XP
>XP has already been irrelevant for years

I think I'm going to start a project to create a free and open implementation of the phonograph...

If it starts supporting most of what Windows 7 does, then there's no reason to stay in Widnows anymore, considering the direction Microsoft and Win 10 is taking.
It's still too young, so it hasn't been of use yet.

I tried installing it on actual hardware a couple years ago. Despite everything being supergreen in the supported hardware table, the display driver crashed and I couldn't recover it in any way except wiping everything and starting from scratch. So fuck that.

>17 years old project
>too young
The big problem is that until recently it would go months without anything happening development-wise.
They need money more than aything

I tried but the thing bricks on startup for me, probably doing something retarded but cool concept

didnt the russian government invest in this recently?

>Have any of you ever installed ReactOS?
LMFAO, no, why, have you tried to install it hahaha?

Meant immature. I had my eyes on this project since 2008, and has improved substantially. It's just not good enough yet. If I ever get a substantial amount of money, I will donate to them, I don't care if it's done in another 20 years.
Hopefully they will catch up with the architecture changes that will inevitably happen by then.

I've found wine is an excellent tool for running old windows apps. It runs older applications better than win10

Based and dissapointing

Attached: 1531673599012.gif (500x300, 645K)

Yakkety Yikes

It's true tho.

Literal boomer OS

only in a vm
ultimately i dont see the point because wine exists

Hows it's AMD64 application compatibility?

>with and
Kill yourself.

Yes, but I am waiting for 0.5.
I really hope it will replace Windows on my PC soon.

Nobody writes a million lines of code since 1995 to have it on their resume

Have they fixed the install over USB bug?

reactos threads are always the same
>woooow why is 0.5 alpha version of operating system crashing muh games
crying instead of discussing recent developments and advancements

XP is still my main OS

>free windows
absolutely fucking based, is there a contributor's guide?

If I can’t install it on bare metal, it isn’t worth messing with.

My prediction is that microsoft will port a MS windows frontend over the reactos kernel because their half-wit pajeets can no longer keep the bugs out of a festering code base.

The reason that microsoft is 'embracing' open source is that they feel their own creeping irrelevance.

how is Microsoft ok with this?

This?
reactos.org/wiki/Commiting_Changes

Why would I want to do that?

Because XP is outdated and you may need to support outdated hardware.