Does Japan really has a monopoly on digital and electronic technology or is that just a myth?

Does Japan really has a monopoly on digital and electronic technology or is that just a myth?

Attached: 1546704140241.jpg (616x916, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/W._Edwards_Deming#Work_in_Japan
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_manufacturers_by_motor_vehicle_production
statista.com/statistics/343162/market-share-of-major-car-manufacturers-in-the-united-states/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I wasn't even aware that it was a myth.

My friends said to me that it was

they lost it to China and South Korea, can't remember the last time I bought something made in Japan

They have a monopoly on quality control.

You can get tech just as good out of China, but be prepared to bribe generously and micromanage the shit out of everything.

Myth that was born from the economic and technological boom Japan experienced during the late 1970s through the 1980s.

Westerners saw that their TVs, VCRs and cars were all coming from Japan, which gave them their "high tech" status. The reality was that none of these things were invented by the Japanese, they simply built them to a reliable standard (thanks to Japanese workslave culture) and sold them at affordable prices.

Today, Japan is no more technologically relevant than any western nation.

>Japanese workslave culture
that's false

You know Americans work more hours a week than a Japanese.

is your friend old? they haven't been leading in technology since the 1990s

The Japanese lie a lot too. Many murders aren't reported as such, and deaths by firearm are sometimes reported as "death by high-speed object"

Lmao

As opposed to the west that covers up rape gangs roaming the streets for everyone to see or mass child abuse in every institution from government to Hollywood, where gilded actors and actresses will applaud known child abusers. The reason why the japs can cover anything up to begin with is because theres next to nothing to cover up unlike the west where these problems are bursting at the seams

That's because the Western governments want to kill their respective countries badly.

>Implying Google,Facebook,Apple, and Microsoft are Japanese.

Does? No. Did? Slightly at one point decades ago.

Muh smart toilets and pepper

Try every semiconductor in all your electronic products.

Jews probably did that

>Does
>has
learn2engrisch

>The reason why the japs can cover anything up to begin with is because theres next to nothing to cover up unlike the west where these problems are bursting at the seams
Oh boy. You don't know anything about nip culture.

Do you own anything made by the Japanese?

God damn can you be anymore of a weaboo?

What do you mean? What are they hiding?

No. They don't. Toshiba, one of the three primary computer memory manufacturers is Japanese. The other two being Samsung, Korean, and Micron, American. Japan does have a decent number of semiconductor companies like NEC. Other than that I don't think there is any reason to think they dominant technology.

However, they are much less competitive in the international market when it comes to software. Most of their software I'd only successful domestically and isn't used internationally. I heard a couple of explanations for why they suck at software.

One explanation is the lack of Japanese developers who speak English so they are limited in where they can research new development trends or practices l.

Another explanation I've heard is that they are very collectivist and conformist and don't like to go outside the norm. Thus isn't a big deal for hardware since it has such a high barrier to entry and requires being part of a larger organization. For software however, there is a much lower barrier to entry. This makes it easier for any Tom, Dick, and Harry to make a startup and start disrupting a market. I think it also comes to them just being complacent and riding of their 80s glory days. This is why China seems to be more competitive than Japan with respect to software. They are hungrier for success.

No they don't. Americans work less than their Japanese counter parts but are significantly more productive since a lot of the Japanese overtime is just for appearance.

Actually a lot of semiconductors are manufactured in Taiwan. They are most likely to come from Taiwan.

made in china

wow what a beautiful woman

>conveniently forgets /v/ shit

>What are they hiding?
Everything, and anything that they consider shameful.
I'll tell you an interesting thing about Japanese law. Penetration is not considered sex if it isn't explicitly a penis going into a vagina, and since everything other is not sex then it can not be classified as rape, kohei. Also many things are left unsaid, and you are expected to read between the lines, or read the atmosphere.

Looks slav to me.

>Toshiba
>making memory
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABABS

It goes Samsung, South Korea Hynix, then Micron in market share

Big myth.
It's all gone to the Chinese/Taiwanese and Koreans now.

Attached: 1545330535903.jpg (3678x5280, 1.95M)

Attached: k.jpg (428x424, 20K)

Let's say for whatever reason you, and your buddy get caught dumping a body in suicide forest. You, and your buddy will probably be charged with unauthorized disposal of a body, and the deceased would most likely be classified as a suicide that is if you're caught within 25 years of the crime, because if you aren't caught within 20-25 years you can't be charged for it.

They don't count a death as a murder unless they have convicted someone for murder. This means a lot of deaths that involve foul play and are obviously a murder don't get counted to the countries murder rate. The police do this to cook the books and to avoid accountability. Even with that, they'd still have a low murder rate. It's just not as low as everyone thinks.

>muh japanese capacitors

Attached: Superior+nipponese+steel+folded+over+1000+times+_94f99ba876887af8f66c302f258abaca.gif (300x168, 697K)

That hasn't been true in decades.

Aren't their suicide rate extremely high?
Also I read that Japan stopped releasing the suicide rates in an attempt to curb suicides (which they did, because they felt that they were being shamed by the world over suicide rates).

Myth.

Japan can't make modern chip making equipment for example.
I think they are stuck somewhere around 160nm.

Even if you think they're covering up murders as suicides their suicide rates are only marginally higher than western nations, and some demographics like adolescents are lower iirc. No matter how you cut it Japan is just an outright safer place for people to live than almost all of the west

>Do you own anything made by the Japanese?

I think the only Japanese thing I have is a Nikon DSLR and a few lenses.

Their missing persons are also quite high.

Any available info on the background of these Japanese? Might be half-breeds the government wants to get rid off

>No matter how you cut it Japan is just an outright safer place for people to live than almost all of the west
You absolutely can't make this claim especially after knowing that they purposely fudge the numbers. The only right answer is that nobody will ever know.

sauce

You know, I keep seeing this parroted everywhere on Jow Forums but I never saw it being substantiated with anything concrete.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-01-14 21-09-34.png (802x306, 35K)

Seething

>Any available info on the background of these Japanese?
No longer published. Maybe you could get more info if you're best friends with Abe, but I doubt you would be able to even comment about what you know.
Another thing is that the Japanese actually don't live as long as they claim. They have a tendency to not report elderly deaths in order to continue collecttion of the monthly stipend.

We know it's pretty safe solely by virtue of lack of big news despite having foreign news correspondents stationed in japan and international research firms doing research, including on stuff like "vanishing people". Which is estimated at 100k cases a year. Meanwhile the US, with 3x the population is estimated to have like 40k to 50k a month.

When was the last time they had some psycho shoot up a concert or a gay nightclub? Or trucks of peace and roaming tape gangs? Japan isnt out of the purview of the world so its dumb to make claims that they're a secret island hiding all its crimes. Meanwhile in the west the crimes are so over the top and outrageous they cant even cover all of it up, but not for lack of trying.

Jow Forums is all about pig consumerism nowadays so it is not a suprise they know nothing about Japan as industrial leader.
PLC Japan (Seriously who can beat OMRON and Mitsubishi, most industrial factory use them along with a couple of American brands)
Robot hand Japan (most company in the industry use Japan robot hand, especially Fanuc and Yaskawa)
Precision measurement Japan (who can beat Japan mass spectrometer?)
High tech science and medical equipments Japan (it is suicidal to not use Japanese made CT and MRI equipments)

Its funny because being leader in tech in Japanese mind are totally different than the west. I used to think that the era of Japan is ended, until I realised they just focus on very different goal than the rest of our insect east asian race.

>Japan stopped publishing suicide rates
>Suicide rates magically decreased as far as the world is concerned
I think were witnessing exactly how the Japanese fudge numbers.

>Jews doing anything without stealing it like the sandnigger chinks they are

I never said Japan was an unsafe country. It's just not as clear cut as people like to think. There are also other countries that are just as safe, like Singapore or Switzerland.

>they simply built them to a reliable standard (thanks to Japanese workslave culture) and sold them at affordable prices.
Garbage. Look up Taguchi method for instance. The Japanese made a lot of innovations in quality control and industrialisation that took the US a long time to copy.

Have you even been there??

what is this, 1995?

>kohei
What is your expert background?

Wikipedia's reporting on suicide rates seems inconsistent. If you look at the individual articles on suicide rates in Japan and the US they don't seem to line up with the article you linked.

I got you senpai
Seiken no Blacksmith

Where the fuck are you even getting this that japan stopped publishing suicide rates? I literally can't find anything on the internet about that, it's almost as if you're all making it up. You aren't korean by any chance now, are you?

>When was the last time they had some psycho shoot up a concert
Last shooting I heard of in Japan was a couple years ago where some guy grabbed a cops gun shot him with it, and got shot by the other gun.
Last mass murder I heard was when that guy killed 19 people with a knife.
>or a gay nightclub? Or trucks of peace
They had truck-kun more times than they have had trucks of peace.
>and roaming tape gangs?
First you have to understand the Japanese legal definition of sex, and rape, and you would understand that they intact have roaming gangs forcing people into certain sexual acts that aren't considered legally as sex, so therefore not rape. These people probably end up going to prison under a different crime altogether if they are even caught.

>Where the fuck are you even getting this that japan stopped publishing suicide rates?
From nipland themselves a few years ago. They literally claimed that it was in order to lower suicide rates.

Almost every phone has a Sony camera.

>Nippon Mektron, Nippon Steel & Sumikin Chemical and JX Nippon Mining & Metals, are involved in the supply of pressure-sensitive sensors used to enable the 3D Touch function. According to his analysis, the Taptic Engine is supplied by Kyoto-based motor maker Nidec and Chinese micro-component provider AAC Technologies
>Nidec's linear actuators have so far been used in the Apple Watch and MacBook.
>Analysts believe AAC Technologies also won a contract for supplying Taptic Engine parts for the Apple Watch. But the Chinese maker's products were found faulty in the initial stages of Apple Watch production. As a result, Nidec became the sole supplier of Taptic Engine parts to Apple for some time.
Apple can't manage anything on their own.

You know the Japanese actually got their QA methods from American mathematicians / statisticians the US state department send over post WW2 to help rebuild Japan's manufacturing sector right? The same group tried to get American car manufacturers to adopt their methods but they were too arogant.

See: en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/W._Edwards_Deming#Work_in_Japan

True. Japan still makes good cameras, and optics. I guess that's something.

Also, Murata Wi-Fi modules, RF components and capacitors.

Attached: 1280px-Murata_Manufacturing_logo.svg.png (1280x443, 50K)

>US to copy
Nigger the US taught them dumbass.

ITT people who have never been to Japan by themselves bad mouthed Japan to make their race - country feel better

Attached: IMG_20180218_134418.jpg (4160x3120, 3.65M)

So your point is that Japan still maintains leadership in capital goods and niche consumer goods?

Being lower in the production chain almost always means lower profit margins. Japan's at disadvantage compared to countries that can compensate with lower manufacturing costs.

>Japanese apply his methodology to great effect
>very gratefuru
>praise him and try to give him royalties for his techniques and when he declines out of modesty they set up awards in his name to honor him and give him distinguished awards
>whitu piggus back home disgrace him and raugh at his methods because fuk quality HAHAHA

Japanese aru bery honorabu, whitu piggu dishonorabu

It depends.
Japanese brands are still doing very well in Japan but not anywhere else.

Attached: 1544821100352.jpg (631x454, 71K)

More like you cannot really buy anything Jaoan outside Japan even if you like.

>Japan Internet Defense Farce
Give it up Shinso Abe. I'm not nip, and I am under no obligation to go on with your lies. Also I think nip soldiers from the pacific war were all drugged up dick bags, and I understand why you fags only have a paragraph in your schoolbooks about that war. Nips were that disgraceful that the only way to save face is to omit everything. So shamefuru.

Pretty much this. It's funny to think Ford and GE could have had the international success of Honda and Toyota, especially when they had the advantage of not having their factories bombed to shit. But their arrogance cost them that and now their cars aren't even that competitive or popular in their country's own market. Funny how that works out.

I dont think Japanese in general want their country to be the world manufacturer house.
If Taiwanese and Korea doing so well in these area, let them.
Japanese focus on the methodology and tools to help them instead (also Japan strong point)

I only have a Nintendo Switch and a Toyota car [spoiler]saving some money for a Tesla Model 3[/spoiler]

You mean US and Korea education.
Have you even read any Japanese education book? Or just being mob nentality normal fags copy paste machine?

American auto companies can't compete with Japanese companies in the US?

Success breeds arrogance and complacency, unfortunately.

Ford can but Toyota is a close second and collectively the Japanese brands might beat out American. It doesn't help that GM is like Chinese now

>And Korea
Fishing this hard. No I'm not a little dickedd Asian, and no I don't have any chocorates for you today, toji.

It was true in the 90's and early 2000's, but now, look around your room and tell me how many japanese electronics you have. Also, how many japanese software you have? I bet none.

Iirc Toyota has been considered pseudo American in the US since the popular models were built/assembled in the US.
I vaguely remember reading an article which shown that at least at one point Toyotas were ironically more American than other American vehicles.

Japan was never a world leader in software.

>tell me how many japanese electronics you have.

Got a couple of stuff from the mid-90s. They simply won't die. Also a NDS and an old PSP.

>muh dik
Americans are literally feral mutts. Kill yourself.

American car manufacturers don't do that well internationally and they don't even do well in domestic markets.
See: en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_manufacturers_by_motor_vehicle_production

And

statista.com/statistics/343162/market-share-of-major-car-manufacturers-in-the-united-states/

Lexus, perhaps? It has been marketed as a luxury car company for the American market since the beginning. Hell, I would bet my money most of their revenue come from americans buying their SUVs.

Myth, everything is designed in USA and manufactured on China now. Japanese was only a technological leader in the last century.

In all honesty you have to remember that japan is still 80% rice farmers and absolute bumpkin congregations that still don't know how to use a smartphone let alone a computer. Half of the country is made up of boomers and older so there's absolutely 0 hope they will ever adopt tech. They don't have any kind of monopoly on tech and have even been outsourcing most labor jobs to chinks and gooks for peanuts so they're also at risk for becoming another le 56% US country.

Attached: 5E844632970F44D98AE159FBF72458C2.jpg (750x706, 117K)

>japan is still 80% rice farmers
that's china

Their corporate leadership is still Japanese. I think a lot of their manufacturing and engineering leadership is also based in Japan.

American car manufacturers just can't get their heads out of their ass. They can also no longer use the excuse they have to contend with higher wages since many foreign automotive manufacturers built their cars for the American market in America. It fucking embarrassing and shameful the state of American car manufacturers.

That's also japan. How do you think a massive population of old people feed themselves? You think they just walk up to a chipotle and mcdonalds for breakfast, lunch, and dinner? The only difference is there's less mass starvation and government corruption/abuse.

>designed in the US
Intel core designed in Israel. RTG is in AMD's Chinese HQ, ARM is british, DRAM is led by Samsung, HBM was RTG and SK Hynix, OLED is LG and Samsung, microled is samsung, AHVA is Chinese/taiwanese, Samsung leads NAND research, various sensors from Korea and Japan, car engines are led by germans and maybe asians now, TSMC and Samsung are the industry leaders in semicon fabrication, laptops and all sorts of consumer shit all designed by Chinese or Taiwanese ODMs and produced in China for Dell, HP, etc

What has the US designed? Ryzen and the iphone? And ryzen is probably pajeets besides Keller. Suzanne Plummer or whatever has a design and management title inb4 HURR SHE AN ENGINEER

Their rice farms are extremely mechanized.

Attached: file.png (1368x560, 55K)

I'd give her my technology

>implying japanese can remake this in our lifetime

Attached: SUHDTV_QuantumDot_Main_1-800x420.jpg (800x420, 75K)

In 2016 and before
Its called TRILUMINOS
Congratulations on recreate and renaming to feed it to pig consumers

Kys dumb gook

Quantum dot display Sony 2004
OLED Sony
Samsung can invent shit.

Mutt cope