I just switched back to Adblock Plus on FF after using Ublock Origin for a few years and ABP is better

I just switched back to Adblock Plus on FF after using Ublock Origin for a few years and ABP is better.
>pages load more fluently
>blank ad spaces are collapsed in ABP
>ABP doesn't seem to be the resource hog it once was

Attached: 46bd429aa97592bb53294e68cc9dccec.jpg (1920x1080, 75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

$5 has been deposited in your account

Begone, "non-intrusive advertising" shill.

Nice bait

Attached: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg (248x189, 18K)

nice try shill

OP here.
>Have a opinion (even if it's a shitty opinion)
>be called shill
Never change Jow Forums. Even /tv/ and /v/ aren't this fucking stupid.

True OP here:

I am a shill. This was a shill test Jow Forums. you passed.

ABP literally whitelists ads from companies who pay them a fee. That's not an ad blocker. That's just some premium ad viewer.

Also anyone who promotes anything is a shill. You don't need to be paid to do it. If you eat at a restaurant and tell people it was good you're shilling that restaurant. That's not necessarily a bad thing but it doesn't change the fact that you're promoting it whether you're paid or unpaid.

5 rupes has been deposiet on jour account Rajesh.
Thankyou for jour service

Attached: doner-pepe-2680742.png (500x575, 42K)

Attached: 1517074619736.jpg (640x480, 137K)

/thread

use ABP if you want a premium ad viewer funded by Google.

the point of UBO and ABP aren't just to block ads. the GNU-approved term for adblockers is literally "surveillance protection" (top fucking meme gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html for more memes) and ABP fails at that.. the "acceptable ads" it allows like AdWords track you.. you know, the ones UBO blocks. i'm not calling you a shill just know that you're SAFER with the one that doesn't load pages as fluidly.

>pages load more fluently
They don't; ABP uses more resources to achieve the same thing.
>blank ad spaces are collapsed in ABP
Same in ublock origin, you probably changed that setting like a dumb shit and forgot about it.
>ABP doesn't seem to be the resource hog it once was
ublock origin is lighter in resource usage. Feel free to post benchmarks to prove otherwise. Also enjoy your "acceptable" ads, shill.

You're not phrasing it as an opinion, though, you're spouting bullshit as facts. Either back them up with benchmarks or go peddle your garbage extension somewhere else.

>use abp
>captcha freezes while loading and is extra low
>abp crashes every 15 minutes
or
>use ubo
>no issues

ok retard

>Feel free to post benchmarks to prove otherwise.
I'm not interested in bullshit benchmarks, nor stats that show ABP uses 10% more ram than UBO.
But pages DO load smoother and more fluently in ABP. UBO can cause the website to load "jumpy" sometimes.

>He doesn't use pi-hole for network wide ad blocking with DNS over VPN

>I'm not interested in bullshit benchmarks
No, you're not interested in facts (benchmarks). You're interested in posting bullshit and maybe fool others into installing that piece of shit.
Find healthier ways to interact with people.

>Debates that x is better than y
>Won't show numbers to back up his point.

Fuck of le reddit sheckle merchant, we're on to you.

UBO shills out in full force today. Jews are afraid of ABP op, keep up the good work

nice try retard im not falling for that

>5cents have been deposited into your account.

t. person who never updated their filters

> having a shitty opinion
> not a fucking shill

works on my machine

fuck off

>He connects his computer to a network

Attached: Polite.jpg (1112x770, 42K)

Bait.

>ublock
>abp
Use umatrix, you fucking plebians.

Attached: jxt8xfgyzulz.jpg (1000x951, 105K)

>No, you're not interested in facts (benchmarks).
Anyone over the age of 16 knows that benchmarks are fucking bullshit and do not represent real world performance.
There are some Android phones that dominate in benchmarks, but are laggier than other Android phones (that get lower benchmark scores)

can't tell if this thread is serious
I thought uBlock was the gold standard? it isn't anymore??

>>Won't show numbers to back up his point.
Windows 10 probably wins every benchmark, but most would say 7 or 8.1 are superior.

>says pages load faster with abp
>googles benchmark that clearly proves you false
>"Well you're just a kiddo if you listen to benchmarks xDDD"

>>googles benchmark that clearly proves you false
We've already established that benchmarks are bullshit.
And I didn't say that ABP loaded pages FASTER and I said it loaded them more FLUENTLY. UBO is jumpy sometimes.
If you can't read a post, don't waste time with a reply.

>He doesn't use a virtual machine for all network connections.

Show me the numbers then.
Instead of this 'probably' bullshit.
Do you know where we are?

Also abp doesn't block ads.

No you dumb cunt, they whitelist ads that aren't intrusive and make big companies pay to have their unintrusive ads whitelisted
They can't just pay and have any old thing whitelisted
Also you don't know what shilling means

>Not intrusive
All ads are fucking intrusive, if I use an ad blocker you shouldn't be able to pay to get around my block. That just makes you a glorified ad network.
Fucking shills.

Stop shilling what is a Trojan horse of ad viewing. If I use an ad blocker I want ZERO ads. Not some ads, not 'unobtrusive' ads, ZERO ads.

You are such a fucking shill, suck some more cock why don't you.

Wow if only there was a fucking button to disable whitelisting
Also I don't even use it stupid faggots I use uBlock like the rest of you but because it's lighter not because of this autistic shit
Seriously you fucks wonder why FOSS isn't more popular but get pissed any time a FOSS project manages to bring in any revenue outside of autists donating $5 on PayPal

>We've already established that benchmarks are bullshit.
No, you keep posting that as if it proves anything. You're desperate, you have nothing to support your garbo extension and you have the argumentative skills of a 7 year old with ADD.
Your only attempt at an argument is "pages load jumpy" but you can't even provide any kind of evidence at that.
You're a waste, get the fuck out.

Nice sidestepping, shitdick. Maybe if you change the subject and pretend to be someone else, people will agree with you.

Wat to be backed into a corner
>"Actually I use what you guys use, I'm one of you r-r-right? I was just pretending to be retarded."

Your a shill, why else would you be trying to convince people to use this shit? It's especially fishy because now your back tracking.
>"J-just disable it goys!"
Nah, any platform that allows a company to pay to bypass the block is a shitty company, likely mining my cookies and CPU cycles, they can't be trusted to do what's right, so I won't use their software.

Also I use a global DNS block on my entire network, no ads on phone, TV, computers... It's wonderful. And all the work is offloaded from my browsers, making it light and fast.

I haven't sidestepped shit faggot

>using one option means you can't defend a competitor
Wow hot take brainlet.

>likely mining my cookies and CPU cycles
Source code is readily available but don't let that get in the way of your crusade against seemingly just the concept of money in general

Also, you're*
Fucking idiot

>I haven't sidestepped shit faggot
Stop trying to change the subject to the profitability of free software projects, you're just stalling to keep your shitty thread bumped.

On Jow Forums - Consumerism.

Attached: mount stupid.gif (576x471, 15K)

Yeah great job autist my footnote is an attempt to change the subject

A grammer Nazi and a shill, nice. Keep digging faggot.
>It loads pages so fast,
No shit Sherlock it's letting elements through, it's letting background ads run and it's letting cookies be put on me and monitored. No wonder it runs faster, it's doing far less work.

>Just because they took money doesn't make them evil...
Idiot, they sold ads, they said 'if you give us money we won't block your ads' sounds like a perfect company to allow to access my data and trust will actually protect me and not sell my data at the drop of a hat.

You're either naive, autistic, a shill or all three. I would say all three. Is it worth whoring your dignity out on the web for a few bucks?

He said, sidestepping the question yet again to bump his company paid thread. Good thing I autosage

>>It loads pages so fast,
What the fuck are you on about? I haven't said shit about its speed

>Idiot, they sold ads
Literally didn't but OK
>they said 'if you give us money we won't block your ads'
They said "we'll whitelist some ads if they aren't intrusive, and also if you're a big company you have to pay us to have your unintrusive ads whitelisted"
>sounds like a perfect company to allow to access my data and trust will actually protect me and not sell my data at the drop of a hat
Again, open source dumb cunt. You can read every single line of code, which I'm sure you know how to do and aren't just an autistic faggot pretending to be smart

>Seething.
You still can't come up to a retort that they sold ads other than 'Only to really big companies and only if we label them unobtrusive.'
Also I don't need to check code to know it's shit.

So far you've been 100% unable to refute anything said in this thread, and you refuse to provide actual data to back up anything you claim

Fucking idiot kid.

Attached: 1547496513303.jpg (601x601, 35K)

Hey retard, you can't "sell ads" if you don't provide ads

>Also I don't need to check code to know it's shit
Aww looks like someone can't back up their claim that it's the type of company to collect and misuse data

Neck yourself

I mean, they aren't a non-profit so yes, they sell and harvest data, I don't need to look at the code to prove that. Just use open source if you want real code that works and protects your privacy and liberty.

Also, showing ads on a global whitelist for money is 'selling ads' no matter how your hook nose tries to spin it you filthy jew.

>I don't need to look at the code to prove that
Man for someone who was just going on about backing up claims you sure seem to hate backing up your own

>showing ads on a global whitelist for money is 'selling ads'
Nope
Google Adwords sells ads
ABP does not

>Nuh uh
Man you know how to argue, this is getting pretty boring. Still good to know you have a stick up your ass shill. Why don't you reply when you have something new or relevant to say? Instead of just constantly sidestepping the issue.

Tell your kike boss I said hello, and that this thread is backfiring into making us hate your product even more you cum swallowing shitskin like shill.

Attached: 1543233486649.png (1200x1600, 49K)

Absolutely seething
Sorry you're too dumb to read source code lul

Attached: 1462590805460.png (1190x906, 251K)

Is it bad that I'm using umatrix and ublock origin at the same time?

I just use the original Adblock and disable the acceptable Ads option top comfy

It still mines your cookies.

what the actual fuck
Switching to uBO solved the problems I had with ABP without any other config, fuck ABP.

fuck off ABP shill

Do these companies understand that trying to advertise here is going to bring them extreme pushback?
Or do they think we're like reddit where everyone will suck their dicks for free publicity?

You're delusional if you think companies advertise here

It should be disabled by default

No, that's what you're supposed to do. They complement each other.

There have been plenty of confirmed microsoft shills on this board before.

OP Here.
I sucked 13 cocks today to pay off rent. Also I use internet explorer 6 for my browsing needs.

OP is a faggot

Not OP here:

Look, I believe all you guys, but I also will say that it SEEMED like ABP did a better job for me than UBO, but perhaps I'm doing it wrong? Do I have to do anything other than periodically purging and updating the lists?

Found the (((shill)))
Sure you don't buddy.

>not even /tv/ and /v/ call out my shilling this quickly
cause they're shit boards now fuck off

It's pretty well known that Ublock Origin uses less resources than Adblock Plus. Also, Adblock Plus will let some ads in because the companies paid them to do so.

>Adblock Plus is based on older technology that has a heavier drain on your system resources. This is especially true if you’re blocking ads on a large number of tabs at once. While you may still experience slowdowns using uBlock Origin, these are typically less noticeable.

>Most tests determine that uBlock Origin uses less system RAM than AdBlock Plus.

>use cosmetic filtering on uBO
>things take a while to dissapear upon page load
>they are only hidden (display: none !important;), not actually removed
>reported 2 years ago
This and other annoyances make it hard to actually like uBO.