/spg/ - Smartphone General

Nokia 6.2 Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: nokia-6-2.jpg (1533x1149, 129K)

Other urls found in this thread:

japanese.engadget.com/2019/01/15/aquos-r2-compact-1-18-8-2080/
gsmarena.com/more_samsung_galaxy_m20_details_outed_thanks_to_sketches_from_the_manual-news-35064.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Thank you, guys for your overwhelming support.
BTW, if anybody is interested I decided to go with Moto Z2Play (moto mods -> wireless cover

US
TMobile
Great Camera , Headphone jack ( one can dream right?)
>good dac? is that even a thing on phones?
Smaller the better i don't watch movies or play games on my phone

Price is w/e prefer under 1k USD , Can wait if something new is coming out just looking ahead as my current LG G5 is all sorts of fucked up

S9

Wait until MWC 2019 at the end of February at least.

Have a google pixel xl.
TitaniumBackup is force closing. and i need ot backup. I've tried afew other options but they are suck balls and dont have cloud backup.
Is there some special files that TB fucks with?
I've deleted it from /data/data and /data/app and then reinstalled it but it still force closes.

yeah it's a pretty shit situation, Canadian carriers fucking suck. I'm still on the fence on whether I should take a crappier phone or bail and go for a different plan, or even just try and replace the OPX's screen by myself

will nokia 6.2 be any good?

No.

Opinions on LG G7?

T-mobile US (LTE Bands 2,4,12)
Looking for a new phone after Moto X Pure died outright
Would like a phone with 32gb+ of storage, recentish soc, and either front facing speakers or oled display, unless the design knocks it out of the park.
Don't care about headphone jack.

What matters most to be is that the phone is unlockable and has good dev support.

Phones Considered: Sony Xperia XZ, XA2 (ultra) open box, V30 (Sprint Unlocked, because bootloader), Essential Phone Refurbished, Pixel 2016 Used, whatever china phone has the aformentioned bands and a free unlockable bootloader

Attached: Xperia-XA2-Ultra-Main.jpg (2000x1061, 602K)

any new good chink phones that have lte compatability with att around the $300-400 range

Mi Mix 2 or 2S

haha suck my dick nigger

I'm kinda new to phone research but why is it that whenever I try and find info about a potential one to buy there are always tons of writeups and reviews and comments about why it sucks. It happens for every phone I try and look at. Maybe I'm just too poor.

depends on which one your looking at and what your budget is, where you live matters as well

Hey lads, my mom's new RN5 Chinese version/Global ram it's on its way and I was wondering if I need to do any changes to the OS or not?

Sorry, brainlet here. Now that the LG G5 and V20 have been pumped and dumped is it likely someone will pick up the slack and bring updates?

Attached: Capture.png (380x113, 6K)

H-Help

oh nice. the mi mix 2s looks cozy
i think im going to get that. thanks user.

Why did you buy these? When these were released it's not like LG had a good reputation, and they still don't.

faggot lol

It's every "budget" phone I look at. Budget meaning less than 1000 dollars since that's "budget" now apparently.

which ones were you looking at?

I fucking hate Canadian carriers so much holy shit

the only plans that are anywhere near reasonable are small companies based in Ontario or Quebec and don't even have home coverage in my area

I haven't but those both have SD card slots besides having good specs and aren't ridiculously priced.

They seem decent enough which is damn shame.

Mostly Motorola, Nokia, Xiaomi, and Huawei devices.

is the pocophone good for the next 5 years? i really dont want to change phone every 2 years

well Huawei is trash, but what was your beef with the others?

Is a lenovo p2 worth buying used (~£140 or $180). Must haves:
>reliable oled screen (no samsung s7 shite)
>good battery life
>no notch
>headphone jack
>lineageOS support

Redmi note 4 is the same and way cheaper but with an IPS LCD screen. OP3t or 5 has more but a smaller battery. Anything better?

Attached: 1547343481251.png (735x660, 314K)

Nth for MEME MIX 3

ARRIVES LATER TODAY

Attached: Xiaomi-Mi-MIX-3-1-of-24.jpg (1500x1000, 200K)

When is the best time to buy a new flagship phone? Is it when the new Android update releases and the phone comes with it?

Attached: 1409723313668.gif (400x400, 1.29M)

Any Canadians have experience with Freedom Mobile? They're coming to my city in February and I'm considering holding out until then to cop a new plan b/c fuck rogers

Picked up a Microsoft bluetooth mouse like pic related. It pairs perfectly with my Note 9, and so does my old imac bluetooth keyboard.
Been using Samsung DeX on my 55 inch in the lounge and it's very close to the same feel as my i5 desktop at work.
It won't let you have YouTube playing in a second background tab tho, only biggish con I've notice so far.
I've found a workaround tho, you can use teamviewer or a VPN to remote in and you literally another PC.
I love living in the future. This is the way things are heading, not the surface or iPad pro but 'phones' with USB c that can double as 'personal computers'

Attached: Screenshot_20190115-195550_Chrome.jpg (776x559, 72K)

Any reason I shouldn't get the Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite?

>4000mAh
>SD 625
>microSD card slot
>headphone jack
>18:9 screen ratio
>compact

Only drawbacks are microUSB and the notch that I can find, but I can tolerate that.

ordered a oneplus 6t, should arrive in a few days. hope i didn't get memed on.

Holy shit, it's real

>Any reason I shouldn't get the Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite?
Redmi Note 5 exists?

I've been curious about the whole "phones into computer" thing. Would be super useful when travelling. How well does it work?

You wan smarrer phone, gaijin? That'rr be $800, prus import fee.

japanese.engadget.com/2019/01/15/aquos-r2-compact-1-18-8-2080/

Attached: 1534609509924.jpg (1000x667, 72K)

never

Andorid One

Sure, and? You have numerous custom ROMs for the Redmi Note 5 along with Snapdragon 636 instead of 625. I doubt there's much of a price difference between the two.

I'm legit considering it at this point. It even has 3.5 jack. Shame about the silly notches though.

>I'm legit considering it at this point
Well, only if you're in Japan.

Give it storage permissions manually.

Have you tried public mobile

Just changed my plan from unlimited everything with 5gb data, to only 1.5gb data since we got wifi at work. My bill went from $34 to $29/mo, and I'll be reducing it to 500mb for $24 if i don't use data next month

Is the Galaxy A7 2018 any good? Is there any better alternatives around that price range, and is not XiaoMi/OPPO/ZTE etc?

My Google Pixel just keeps restarting on its own constantly for some fucking reason.
It beeps all night, attempting to boot, fails, then boot again.
Any fix?

Is the OnePlus 6 or the Xiaomi Mi 8 a better buy?

good luck baby!!

>Is the Galaxy A7 2018 any good?
No

>Is there any better alternatives around that price range
>If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Singapore.
$316 USD for A7.

Wanted features: Android or iOS. No SIM card will be used for the phone. It is required to run applications that are not available on Windows. Since personal information will be entered into the app, emulation such as Bluestacks are not okay. Camera must be good enough for facial recognition from the said app.

Required: Not OPPO/Huawei/ZTE etc

Max budget: $350 USD

It still closes, i even tried giving it all the permissions it listed but it still closed

Bump

redpill me on Honor, anons. Is honor 9 a good phone?

I got mine last week. Loving it so far! The notch gives it charm if anything

>that bezel
>in 2000+19
ehh....

Time to debloat it with adb and start the unlock timer

They could have just put it at the bottom lmao

Pocophone

As I said, no OPPO Huawei ZTE Honor XiaoMi Lenovo e.t.c

Why?

Requirements man. No say in this matter unfortunately

It's what I've been waiting for since modern "smart"phones came along.

What we all need is for someone to come in and make the "IBM compatible PC" of phone platforms that kills off most of the proprietary shit we have now just like the PC did back in the day.

A proper pocket PC.

>Requirements
If it's for privacy/security reasons I'd just get whatever iPhone you can fit in to your budget.

>If it's for privacy/security reasons I'd just get whatever iPhone you can fit in to your budget.
You're joking, right?
>recommending proprietary iOS which doesn't function without an Apple account along with not being able to sideload software
And this is just the beginning.

Well I'm assuming the user asking won't be flashing any custom ROMs, so it's a case of proprietary Apple software vs. proprietary Google + whatever Android manufacturer software.

You cannot make this shit up. This fucker has nearly got my uncle killed.
FUCK SAMSUNG

Attached: IMG-20190115-WA0004.jpg (1600x1200, 201K)

Which one was it?

It works pretty damn well. Very similar to using a macbook air or similar. Normal android apps can be run in a windowed mode. There are some apps optimised especially for samsung DeX but it's still quite a new system so there aren't many of them.
I would say its almost at the point where I could get rid of my aging desktop PC but at the moment I still need it for work.

It really just needs to be optimised a little more and hopefully once usb is rolled out to all phones this should be a pretty standard thing to do.

s6

i have a samsung galaxy s7 edge and am pretty happy with it. is there any new awesome phone (android only) that i am missing out on or can i live happily ever after with the s7 edge?

>samsung tablet in the background
better throw that away as well lol

XZ2 is pretty based tier.

>Antutu
cringe

What root "software" is the best if I want as much things to work as possible, Play Store, bank apps and such? Is Magisk the best choice for that?
I have a Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime.

>Magisk
Yes

Noob root question here since I have never rooted something, will I directly be able to uninstall the bloat or do I need some app for that?

You don't need to root to debloat. All you need is adb

Hmm, feel like it can be good to learn rooting though, besides aren't there many things extra you can do with it like better app blocking and such.

How'd you manage that? I'm looking at their plan builder and I'm seeing unlimited talk&text with 1GB LTE at $42

I'm also looking for a plan where I can pay off a new phone and most carriers around here have pretty bad selection or insane pricing. I'm considering waiting for Freedom Mobile to come to Vancouver island in February so I can cop an XA2

Does the Redmi Note 7 Pro come with a teardrop notch as well?

Can't afford it. That's half the reason I made the post.

So is anything gonna dethrone Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 for the best budget price/specs ratio?

Attached: maxresdefault_3.jpg (1920x1080, 116K)

Redmi Note 7

Samsung M20 or M30

Guise how much time it took for Redmi Note 5 and 6 to be released Global after CN version ???
and the price difference?

Attached: 015.jpg (1414x2000, 940K)

Is the Redmi note 6 pro worth it?
For reference, I'm a fucking leaf.

wait for redmi note 7 or samsung m20 or m30.

oppo

>samsung m20 or m30
Aren't these just rumors at this point?

gsmarena.com/more_samsung_galaxy_m20_details_outed_thanks_to_sketches_from_the_manual-news-35064.php

That is actually a good question. It's possible the notch will be larger if they decide to stick in two selfie cameras again.

>Still holding out with Honor 7
I fixed the scartches too, I never noticed that the thing had a screen protector with it

Trash

Got a pocophone and when restarting the device I get some discolored horizontal lines on the screen.
After I lock and unlock the screen they're gone, what makes me think it's a software issue. Anyone else got the same problem?

Can't make a screenshot though, so I guess it might be hardware after all?