Manjaro safe space

what do YOU want, manjarofren?

last thread

Attached: 1543145030793.jpg (1920x1080, 1.06M)

Higurashi characters make this absolutely creepy and unwanted.

At least, you know what you want, manjarofren.

What's the quick rundown of why manjaro is favorable over any other distro ?

It has all the perks of Arch but with an installer. That's literally it.
Why do people run Fedora? Because they have jobs and should spend their time on things of more value than installing an operating system.

>systemd
no thanks

That sounds reasonable I guess. why do you need a safespace for it then if it's good? ;0

You mean you don't want a threesome with the Sonozaki twins? Are you some kind of gaylord?

bump for curiosity

been running manjaro on my thinkpad t420 for around 2 months now. like others have said it's just arch but I didn't have to go turbo autist on installing. put i3 and riced it and have been really enjoying it.

I believe the only reasonable argument against Manjaro is the fact that it comes with a preinstalled de which, of course, ships with hundreds of packages. Considering that you'd be ricing it (standalone wm), it's a pain to uninstall the de as you have to keep track of its dependencies and the such. To ensure you started from a fresh ground-up, Arch would be much better.

Did you get scared playing those games user?

Attached: cunnies.png (1280x727, 674K)

Actually, it was enough for me to just watch one anime arc. It may be an art but quality wasn't good being a DVD upscale and I don't like moe horrors.

If you're just going to spam it everyday now, at least use some tag like /mss/ so we can filter you out.

Attached: progress.jpg (480x953, 79K)

You should play the new Steam games instead, much better than the anime imo.

Does Manjaro include all the Dev stuff with its packages like Arch does?

Higurashi was the first anime I watched.

I use to use Antergos for a while, and one of the things I loved about it is how easy it was to uninstall a de without having to manually unistall each of its related packages.
For example, if I wanted to uninstall gnome, all I had to do was uninstall gnome-meta-package or something like that (I used it about two years ago, so I can't remember the exact name of the package).

It was so easy to switch between different DEs because of this.
If you install a DE, the meta-package comes with most of the DE specific packages so you'll have a fully featured desktop in a few minutes.

I thought the packages are held back longer than on arch which releases them more quickly, also it comes with a lot more shit you might not want.

>packages are held back longer than on arch
I've heard numerous cases of Manjaro packages not being any different from Arch's. The maintainers receive it straight from upstream (Arch maintainers) but simply delay to give off this placebo that it was tested on more.
>it comes with a lot more shit you might not want
True.

are you me

>being this gay
Dumbfuck city boy.

Attached: mion-sonozaki-2904.jpg (300x400, 24K)

>anime adaptation of a VN
Just read it fucker. Buy it on Steam and use the fan patch. Guide tells you how.

Attached: image(1).png (370x375, 207K)

Tell me about Mion, why does she carry the gun?

tfw mangagaymer is more busy translating incest loli vns rather than higurashi

Attached: 1546075317711.jpg (500x404, 48K)

That's ok on my book, honestly.
(Ririna best girl)

baesd

Former fedorafren here.
>Finally got back into linux after a while
>Dl fedora as it was my go-to distro before
>KDE spin because fuck gnome
>Seems nice
>Time to install nvidia drivers
>Struggle 3 hours with the damn shit
>Tried RPMfusion and that one's guy repo
>nothing
>Google what good repo is there with novidia drivers
>Install Manjaro
>justwerks
I know it's my fault for having a jewvidia gpu but what can I do, have this toastertop since before AMD was worth anything.

forgot

Attached: desk.png (1920x1080, 1.75M)

>ywn be her nii-nii
I want to protecc, and also marry, but also protecc

Also hello fellow based VN reader

Attached: 1546807368708.jpg (622x600, 175K)

t. boomer

It's pretty bad to be fair

I want to like it but I can't
>problem? I'll look it up online
>"problem X manjaro"
>bunch of forums with people saying gee I dunno how to fix that lol just run pacman -Syu
>maybe arch people know what to do
>arch forums think it smells a bit like manjaro and tell you to piss off
>"if you installed it yourself in a needlessly complicated manner you wouldn't have this problem"
>"yeah I know the answer but not for the likes of you"

is manjaro a good /justwerks/ distro for college?

I installed it recently, and am collegefag too. So far I had little issues. Sure less than most other distros.
Unless you're in the OneDrive botnet like me, still have no good solution for that.

I was debating between either debian or manjaro for my thinkpad. I wanna have a distro I can install and not have to worry about much because of busy schedule.

Debian, for sure. Manjaro isn't as tested as they say. There have been multiple cases of Manjaro breaking on Arch's packages due to lack of testing (they just delay it one week to give off this illusion). This is assuming that you just want it to werk and that's it. Other than that, I'd definitely go with Manjaro.

I use Arch but I have to admit, that is one heck of an advertisement...

I haven't used Debian in a while, so no idea how reliable it is nowadays, sorry. Before Manjaro I did try some derivatives of Debian however (minimalistic shit) and I don't think I'll look back to those anytime soon. Manjaro literally worked out of the box on my chinkpad, and looks pretty fucking good too.

Attached: 0.png (1668x938, 1.01M)

that looks really nice. I just don't want to risk my file system corrupting and losing school files. How likely is that on manjaro?

I can only guess, but I would say depends on how you use it.
I have my work saved in the cloud and do daily local backups from my main machine (pic is my laptop) and I would suggest anyone do the same. So far I have had zero issues, but I'm pretty fucking cautious. All in all I would say about as likely as any other distro?

with most other distros i felt like everything was falling apart over time but with manjaro i just feel frustation with pacman

Is it true Manjaro makes girls kiss? Or is that just an old wives' tail.

only if they wanted to. debian is he lesbian distro

Don't worry user, in the laptop space AMD is pretty much like thinking you need to take a dump but it's just gas. i.e. you think somethings there but turns out it's nothing.

NOT A SINGLE Ryzen laptop was announced at CES after all.