Why are you all using USB when PS/2 is clearly superior?

People bang on about how OLED is shit and how Wingblows is shit etc., but no one explains why they are using a clearly insecure and inferior interface for their keyboards AND mice.

Attached: PS2 connector.jpg (500x500, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/eEswl6kZq5k
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because USB is still capable of lower latency on input despite using polling, and the CPU usage for it is miniscule.

Because I'm not a faggot like you

because my keyboard and mouse are USB

muh rgb

what if it gets unplugged accidentally, then what? Plug it right back in start gaming? Fuck off OP

PS/2 is a hair better
Shut the fuck up you autist

OP is right, input lag with PS/2 is actually -10ms. Yeah. That's MINUS TEN milliseconds.
(((Someone))) didn't like it and it had to end like so many other things like anti-gravity suits and time travel.

*don't actually test this in a double blind test, it won't work because of you (((know))) (((who))).

>gaming
What the fuck, I thought I was on Jow Forums.

Op is full of shit. Modern boards don't have ps2 directly connected to the cpu they go through a chip on a USB bus. There's no performance advantage

Attached: 1440477631288.jpg (700x524, 57K)

What a bullshit, I can feel the clear difference. PS/2 movements are warm and round-like, gliding at times. USB on the other hand is very cold, very robotic, U--S--B-like, metallic and wire-y and di-gi-talic at ti-me-s.
Pic related is my mouse cable btw.

Attached: f8ba12c53d267fbcce4c52092a2576a0.jpg (640x480, 63K)

Baha nice. I used to work at a hifi store. Some people do actually talk like that. The full time sales staff did not feel guilty for selling them over priced cables

Because I value wireless more than zero latency input.

NEW BAD
OLD GOOD

Attached: gneckbeard.png (648x615, 304K)

ITT: People who don't know what an interrupt or polling are.

>bends your pins
pssh nothin personel kid

explain, sorry im new here they call me newfag, i am self learning in my 50s mind explaining?

still waiting, i tried to google but i keep getting linked to gaming blogs from millennials who use Doritos RGB motherboards, as far as i can see PS/2 is more responsive and has less jitter.

FYI modern motherboards with PS/2 don't have a real PS/2.
It just leads to an internal USB connector.
Its placebo.

[citation needed] fuck off user, they're still real they connect to the chipset to what used to be called the southbridge, they don't connect straight to the USB, if that is what you meant theres big difference but don't make up shit

That's because PS/2 is mainly nowadays used by old tech boomers and autistic FPS gaymers. No one else uses it anymore.

Absolute kek

>muhh input lag
youtu.be/eEswl6kZq5k

Y'all retarded. Touchscreens are the future.

The chipset doesn't have direct connection the way PS/2 was designed to work.
It behaves just like USB.

PS/2 mouse ports will cause a system interrupt whenever you move the mouse. That means the CPU effectively stops whatever it's doing to process the movement.
USB mice will "poll" for changes in movement at a specified interval, and will move the mouse based on how it moves when polled.
In theory this makes PS/2 faster, and it is, but in reality it's incredibly miniscule. Fractions of a millisecond.

>Plug it right back in
Yes? Are you retarded? What's the issue?

Using that newbie trash connector instead of the real deal. I'm disappointed.

Attached: 51oldkbport.jpg (379x204, 19K)

Nigger you can probe the fucking IRQ line and the port is still using it.

You technically cant do that with ps/2 when the comps running, it might cause things to burn out
But also why is up a retard that apperenly tugs on his keyboard cable while gaming?

PS2pilled & based

>Are you retarded?
>What's the issue?
you absolute retard

[citation needed]

>he doesn't know
>it might cause things to burn out
Pretty remote chance on more modern hardware because of all the protection circuitry these days (in place thanks to so many past retards), but it can still happen anyway if you're very unlucky.
Assuming you have no oscilloscope or decent multimeter to actually probe the wire, boot any copy of Linux, look at /proc/interrupts and check out what's hanging off IRQ1.

thanks for explaining user so what you're saying is i should use PS/2 to hit the compile button faster, gotcha... even pico seconds counts, from what I've learned over the past few hours some key keyboards the difference is between 7-20ms from using PS/2 so it would help gamers who are competitively all about raw performance /horsepower the other user hot backed off making shit up lol what you said about irq i tested.

My 7 year old ASUS P8Z68-V doesn't have PS/2

Attached: 1506445958055.gif (636x758, 14K)

Through the 15 years I've been using computers I've never unplugged anything accidentally during use

I don't buy motherboards if they don't have a PS/2 port.

Except that Windows 7 doesn't have any fucking USB drivers on my motherboard during install, yet PS/2 works fine.

>disable onboard USB entirely on Z170 gay pride mobo
>including legacy USB support
>boot goddamn MS-DOS 6.22 off sd->sata adapter
>ps/2 keyboard still fucking works

>AND mice.
well not really though. But for keyboards there is nothing better

>plug in a usb keyboard
>find it still works in bios

Don't you mean UEFI? And the builtin usb support in the firmware setup is not retained outside of it.
Guess what happens if you try to use a usb keyboard under any OS in this situation.
SPOILER: It's fucking nothing.

>Guess what happens if you try to use a usb keyboard under any OS in this situation.
>SPOILER: It's fucking nothing.
Because it doesn't present the USB hosts to the OS. That doesn't mean the PS/2 port isn't connected to a USB bus.
Learn to fucking computers.

old versions of dos can't even speak usb

Are you implying mobo manufacturers are paying for the hardware to translate PS/2 to USB and then back again for literally no raisin?

They don't have to, the PCH is intervening.

what's the ite chip for then faggot

You were saying?

>I don't know why it says Thinkpad, though. It's a Microsoft keyboard.

Attached: Untitled.png (781x572, 26K)

Hey thread retards, watch this video.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-01-15-12-23-58-411_com.vanced.android.youtube.png (2160x1080, 385K)

How does this happen?

No point really in using USB over PS/2 on desktop so I'm just gonna use it until it disappears from motherboards completely.

Negative input lag, meaning the signals get there before I hit the key? What is this magic?

What did you hope to achieve with this post? Prove that it indeed reduces input lag?

>unironically polling your fucking keyboard at 1000hz
how about no

Predictive keystroke AI

>USB polling
It's 2019, kiddo

PS/2 connectors are no longer as prioritized as Jow Forums makes them out to be, as they're no longer directly connected to the "system bus", but part of a LPC (low pin count, essentially the integrated legacy of the ISA bus) interface which is connected to the PCI bus like the USB controller and any other kind of periphery. Message-signalled interrupts on PCI 2.2+ and PCI Express have replaced actual interrupt lines which are wired directly into the interrupt controller.

Get a load of this nerd. Go back to Plebbit.

>lol nerd
no, you fuck off.

>Message-signalled interrupts
I'll interrupt *you* right now to send you this message nerd: go back to Plebbit with this "knowledge" and "smart stuff", no one wants your technical info, nerd.

>prioritized
>LPC
>legacy
>message-signalled
>have
>the

Wow, are we supposed to be impressed by your big words? You know who buys those big words?

the fuck does this mean?

In my rush I forgot to check if my keyboard and mouse had PS/2 counterparts and just clicked "Buy Now!" Everything is default USB now and I dislike it, I know it was my own fault but I still get mad at the table for stubbing my toe.

It proves that modern USB keyboard is almost 2x faster than your grandma's PS/2 bullshit.

You got a source on that?
Geniunely curious.

>clearly insecure
OH NOEZ...THE NSA IS SNIFFING MY KEYBOARD INPUT!!!!!1111

Are you retarded? It's comparing a keyboard with no PS/2 support to a keyboard with one, and the one which has it is faster on PS/2. Mine has the support because it's not some RGB zoomer shit from past 3 years.

>getting assblasted for being called nerd
what a loser

and a nerd

That is not quite true. The PCI bus, LPC bus and onboard USB controller are all connected equally at the Platform Controller Hub, formerly known as the southbridge.
The actual difference between a PS/2 and USB keyboard rather lies in the used Super I/O chip connected to the LPC bus.

Attached: Motherboard_diagram.png (498x767, 63K)

I'm sniffing your mom's treasure hole right now

he didn't try the corsair with usb to ps/2 converter because it drops latency down to 10ms or lower... lol fucking retard.

>6:58
>"DOES NOT WORK WHEN CONNECTED TO A PS/2 ADAPTER"
Stop wasting my time.

>Stop wasting my time.
>is on 4channel

There are levels to this.
>staring at a wall
>debating idiots ((you) fit here)
>browsing Jow Forums
>learning a skill

i have this keyboard in my workplace and i assure you it works with PS/2 and im certain this guy on the video has something to gain from that video.

You're probably using an active PS/2 to USB adapter.

passive purple microsoft one actually, are you fucking dumb? the guy who made the video is a fuckwit

My USB keyboard has several USB ports on it, but I've never seen a PS/2 keyboard with several PS/2 ports.

Honestly it's a sin that we never standardized a 12-pin Mini-DIN connector that could carry both PS/2 mkb signals and S-Video signals at the same time, or alternatively 1080p video signals or daisy chained PS/2 stuff. There was so much potential and the MiniDIN connectors were so much more convenient to use in the early days compared to USB or Firewire-400.

An interrupt is when you press the break key

>polling
>2019

get with the times, dinosaur

Not really. 20ms is several orders of magnitude smaller than your muscles can actually move any significant enough distance to click a button or press a key. It will 'feel' more responsive but you literally will not gain anything from that feeling.

motherboards haven't had a southbridge since circa 2010

friendly reminder that playing FPSes on the Wii worked way better than on PC

>friendly reminder that playing FPSes on the Wii worked way better than on PC
"no"

underrated post

>[citation needed]
nigga just use any common multimeter

Attached: 1543353347670.jpg (267x323, 7K)

how is that bad though?

are you fucking retarded it all adds up. this is akin to yo saying the eye can only see in 24FPS.

10ms on your keyboard could counteract 10ms of rendering time added into a game, either way raw performance ps/2 is a clear winner and there are benefits.

>are you fucking retarded it all adds up. this is akin to yo saying the eye can only see in 24FPS.
Your eye is a passive organ. The tissue in your eye "processes" light entering it in a similar way to camera lenses - it just goes through it, and the tissue converts the radiation into electrical signals that your brain can understand in passive ways.
Your brain is extremely fast. You can see things WAY faster than 24 FPS.

However, your muscles are very slow. The electrical signals from your fast brain tell your slow muscles to convert energy (which takes time) into movement which requires moving a whole host of heavy, awkward non-energetic muscles, which all takes a lot of time (comparatively).

your brain still does the image processing you cuck and reaction times, refresh rate, mouse latency, monitor latency, rendering timesx interne5 connecti9n all play a part in this, if 10ms shaved off everywhere then you have way more chance of enhancing your own performance.

in my prime in cs 1.6 and natural selection i when after hours of reactive gaming i was every once in a while getting 0.222 in my tests compared to an average almost 3 times that.

>natural selection
My nigga

FUCK FLAYRA

*kick commander*

but i am, user

Attached: IMG_20190107_012521.jpg (1000x750, 318K)

I'm using it now shut the fuck up you dumb cunt

You're all fucking idiots. I can unplug my ps/2 keyboard just fine and it works when plugged back in.

haha do it like 3 more times, destroy your computer for us why don't ya

Already did it and nothing happened. You're an idiot.