Untitled

:)

Attached: Browser chart.png (992x1250, 623K)

Other urls found in this thread:

spyware.neocities.org/guides/firefox.html
spyware.neocities.org/articles/firefox.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

an actual practical chart
hence it doesn't belong to Jow Forums

Ignorant idiot here, what are the god tier programs?

Nightly versions of the good tier ones

Attached: brave.jpg (800x450, 52K)

Chrome canary is where it's at

based and

Attached: 1547517622032.png (992x1728, 820K)

Is the third one Opera?
Anyone use Firefox Nightly and recommend it? I switched to stable once the incorporated the Quantum thing.

sage :^)

Attached: 1547498839072.gif (500x500, 1.71M)

Still waiting for real reasoning against this chart.
>muh inconvenience
Yes, it's a pain in the ass to install extensions on Ungoogled-Chromium and use syncing. But, that's it. Literally just Chrome with better security and privacy.
GNU IceCat is the same thing except it still accepts strandard installation of Firefox add-ons and Firefox sync, and you can make it function just as "conveniently" as Firefox without the downside of phoning home to Mozilla, still.
Give me something, botnet cucks. The inconvenience arguments are so damn boring

Attached: SmartSelect_20190107-225840_IceCatMobile.jpg (1416x2812, 1.95M)

Based and redpilled.
This is the only correct information presented in this thread thanks anyway.

Why is waterfox kys tier?

Because of how insanely autistic you have to be to give a single shit, let alone the many shits you (and only you, let's be honest no one else is posting it or takes it seriously) must give to bother installing some literally what browser with hindered features that people who don't spend all day on Chechen hyperbole subreddits actually use instead of taking 10 seconds to configure Firefox to your liking.
Your dismissiveness of convenience is why this shit will literally NEVER gain traction. It's essentially like saying "um I'm still yet to see REAL reasons not to eat shit for the rest of my life outside of tastecucks saying it could give me diseases".
Now I shall refer you to the OP chart - seriously, make the world a better place.

>Have to sign in to pages everytime i run ungoogled
Yeah no

2/10
You tried.
7/10
Firefox and its forks should be at high tier, same with ungoogled Chromium, brave a tier lower. Librefox might be an option. There is no "top tier" browser today.
Many things are convenient, yet a lot of them bad for you and others. Just because it's easy doesn't mean it's a safe choice. That being said, Icecat, for example is essentially just Firefox ESR with privacy invading shit removed if you disable the addons it comes with. This is why I recommend it and Librefox if one must have everything preconfigured. Firefox is probably the best thing you can go with right now, unless you're interested in Chromium, where Iridium and ungoogled Chromium are your only real options. Chrome is a retarded decision.

what's the reasoning for moving icecat down?

Like I said, I wouldn't call any browser top tier these days. Icecat has a great vision, but I think Firefox itself, the base of Icecat, needs a more solid direction. They seem to stumble around frantically because they're losing users very quickly. There isn't much they can do with a browser that is supposed to be privacy oriented, unless they can double the speed of Chrome somehow, because the majority will remain speedsluts. They're also losing trust with their "experiments".

They really need to fix the fingerprintability that the addons themselves bring, for example. The addon ID is unique per user and the changes they make to the site allow the server to uniquely identify you. I don't particularly care of the features they removed lately since I don't use them and believe stuff like RSS should be redelegated to an addon or another program entirely. However people, including myself are worried that this will continue and they'll end up removing important features. I suppose if they're slimming down the browser and making it run leaner it might be a good cause, but the actual problem are the sites themselves and the web standards, not so much the browser.

They're great browsers, the best one can get today. But they have ways to go.

>it's a pain in the ass to install extensions on Ungoogled-Chromium
Is it that hard to search a url and save it?

vivaldi is good if you disagree your mom gey also
>hur hur spyware
>not elaborating on why
im still open to being redpilled just show proof to back claims

>chinese botnet opera in god tier and good tier
>vivaldi in kys tier

Attached: disgust.png (100x178, 10K)

no proofs

Yeah, because the bleeding edge has all that sweet, sweet spyware, I mean "telemetry" so (((they))) can "improve the product" which can't be disabled easily.

Honestly brave will be good, but only if they get proper support for extensions. It's like giving someone a menu with a great cheeseburger on it, with just the bun, meat, and cheese. Might be a good burger, but not enough choice and freedom for most people. Also, it is still fundamentally a burger, unlike something like the TOR browser which is like a salad filling a specific niche. If Brave can get their shit together they will be the best, but currently, development seems to be slow, as they are focusing on this stupid advert shitcoin idea.

Attached: 1dfabc17f7019cc46c227a37ef1c7b1b1bb4117a0ee5d877baabd142e34c81d7.jpg (1024x640, 219K)

BODNED GUT
OBSCURE BROWSERS BAD

>Firefox Nightly
>not Firefox ESR

what is this white opera?

>opera

>firefox in low tier citing privacy issues
>brave in middle
0/10, see me after class.

well shit i guess i have no choice but to kill myself now

yes, time honored practical advice: use nightly builds of your favorite software

what am i looking at here

yes, that's opera

ungoogled chromium still has fingerprinting issues, and i'm doubtful about the claims regarding firefox.

i'm pretty sure the tier list should just be firefox esr at this point.

The chart only lists FF once instead of twice, even though the same site offers a mitigation guide that raises it several classes.
spyware.neocities.org/guides/firefox.html

If you aren't running vimb with a pihole you are a fool.

What in particular is so fugged about Brave? I like the concept even if I don't know how practical it'll ultimately turn out to be. Like, if you want to read a review for a product or service, you're awarded some BAT since the article serves as advertisement (even if it isn't sponsored content, it directs people to sales) and then you can award that BAT to a content creator you like. If webhosts accepted BAT payments (some already do in BTC) it'd be a nice ecosystem coin

brave and opera are the best non google browsers.

>What in particular is so fugged about Brave?

brave is fine.

/lgbt/ is the fastest growing board on Jow Forums so Jow Forums is full of programming sock wearing trannys butthurt about Eich.

I'm generally indifferent about LGB since it's really not my problem but the T irritates me enough to actually voice an opinion on it when it comes up unlike the other three letters. I know that's not relevant to your post, I just really have an intense dislike of transgender "culture" and the concept as a whole.

Not the wrists, that will just make you the laughing stock of the hand chirurgy. Trust me.

Seriously, what do you need cutting edge besides feeling trve aqony while slitting your wrists? I need a browser to use the internet, and not to make myself believe my computer has (a) personality.

what is the problem with Firefox? never heard anything bad about it besides the opt-out on their "experiements" not opting you out

Attached: all hope has left this plushie of a famous character.png (200x195, 41K)

pale moon is slow as fuck nigger.

>not knowing Chromium and GNU Icecat
Let me guess, you are a loyal Windows user and navigate by using the links on the recommended page because it is convenient to only use sites you have been told about and using the IRL bar requires inconvenient and slow typing.

T here, I agree and it is a much bigger issue to me than the "lack of acceptance", (people really don't care about it here). I could not care less how T or non-T people feel about it on the internet. Now don't bitch, you were first talking about T culture.

I am currently using chromium,what would be the advantages of switching over to iridium or ungoogled chromium?And which one do you think is better?

Mozilla is scum

Brave will always be fucking aids.
The adblocker is shit autism of American webpages and then there is this fucking rewards system lmao.
Fuck off with this shit

The advantage is that you can not watch any copyright protected video anymore

>this is a big bait
>for Jow Forums

>chink botnet chromium fork
>anything below kys tier

Useless placebo fork that rides on the privacy train while collecting more data about you than google. The developer is untrustworthy and preys on retards

Not open source = spyware
Your 0.05% marketshare browser has nothing to offer to the world that justifies it not being free as in freedom

The most important question is why am I expected to believe this chart?

Are there any free as in freedom browsers that give up a little bit of their freedom to let me watch netflix without needing a second browser

What is the difference between plain old chromium and ungoogled chromium? Which google components are removed?

Fucking idiot, everyone on this board knows IceCat and Ungoogled Chromium, doesn't make them not literally what browsers

>Are there any free as in freedom browsers
No, that's usually a lie. Check out chromium and how to debotnet as much as possible or mozzarella firecucks and how to debotnet as much as possible without killing Netflix compatibly. Widevine is what I think the botnet you're looking for is called.

What's the purple/black Safari? Never seen those before

Mozilla Firefox

>using quantum as a daily driver
Why'd you want to use a literal botnet? Safari is masterrace.

Safari Technology Preview and Webkit Nightly. They are browsers that demo the shit that comes in future versions.

Ah cool, I didn't know Safari had a separate preview release other than upstream webkit packages.

NIGHT BUILD MORE GOODER

spyware.neocities.org/articles/firefox.html

Lol I actually set detectportal.firefox.com as my homepage in most browsers that I run. It justs sends a 200 response code with a single file containing success as text/plain. Very useful to ensure that your internet connection is working without wasting seconds loading another page.

It's actually hilarious that this page thinks that that makes Firefox spyware.