Is LTSC really the ultimate and patrician version of windows?

Is LTSC really the ultimate and patrician version of windows?
I read that some people have issues with drivers, wifi and Bluetooth dropping, games, etc. Is this really the case or is it completely safe to use as a personal system?
Also, are there any features that Microsoft could potentially add to regular windows 10 that would convince you to use that instead of ltsc?

Attached: 3OSQ1oD.png (1366x768, 291K)

Other urls found in this thread:

winprivacy.de/
winprivacy.de/english-home/
gitlab.com/s1ave77/SVF.ISO.CONVERTER
docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/windows-setup-enable-custom-actions
sdi-tool.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I am also interested in this topic

Attached: tenor.gif (618x600, 1.93M)

Yes. all of those things you mentioned are FUD.

LTSC runs exactly as Windows 10 without Microsoft included apps. You can also sideload the Windows Store and download Windows Exclusive games like Forza Horizon 4 and will work just fine I been using it ever since it released and I prefer it more over regular windows since I can just defer those stupid """""features""""" uupdates

It can be but not yet, since it's the replacement for windows 10 LTSB 2016 it will take time to iron out all the bugs and glitches.

Both are still massively light years ahead of standard windows 10 home to pro in terms of stability and significantly reduced bloat. No way in HELL am I going back to windows with cortana, windows store, or any of that other crap that just bogs down your system. Hell I even disabled windows defender on LTSC and prefetch just to squeeze out a little bit more performance for day to day tasks.

Attached: 1290479667535.jpg (243x349, 12K)

Microsoft isn't gonna add any extreme features to regular windows 10 that they won't add to the next major release of ltsc/ltsb/whatever
That being said, it is in, fact the patrician choice of windows

adding to this: faggot microsoft changed prefetch/superfetch to "sysmain" in services in LTSC for some reason.

I've found a website with a downloader iso. Now how do I get a key for LTSC?

Tha'd better be microsoft's website lad, you don't want tainted iso's. Also ebay has keys for like $20.

>Build .1
>Not .253
Looking very old year there

>what is kms tools

LTSC 2019 SUCKS. you have less control conpared to LTSB 2016. Windows is autoupdating along with Windows Security (Defender).

winprivacy.de/
Just install this and turn off all the shit you don't want.
Easy
Stop making your life difficult for no reason.

Have you tried modifying the group policy for those things satan? I completely disabled defender with that.

Why should we trust a nazi more than microshaft who is rabidly out to mine your data?

>I install the botnet myself thank you

>implying i can read nazi

It's been SysMain since Vista.

Attached: Insert usual comment about absolute state here.png (456x507, 42K)

No.
This is peak Windows.

Attached: Capture.png (1513x965, 142K)

Also, is LTSC better than home on performance? As in less resource hungry?

This is bullshit, it's been called that since 7

HWIDGen KMS38

Then manually turn everything off in gpedit/regedit/settings/control panel/powershell/etc.
The end result is the same. The point is you don't need LTSC to get Windows 10 to be not shit.

winprivacy.de/english-home/
there you go user, i clocked the button for you

But now even the display name is sysmain.

Attached: Untitled.png (405x468, 10K)

It's always been sysmain you mong.

Attached: 1545104499488.jpg (500x375, 15K)

>do random shit that gets reverted to default on every update
Or you could just install ltsc/ltsb user....

You can download an untouched image with gitlab.com/s1ave77/SVF.ISO.CONVERTER

Activate with KMS-VL-ALL or py-kms (if you want to use an open source tool).

Hey, I have the same win 7 version and that same processor, brother

>64 bit
Stopped reading there

install gentoo

$5 says you did something to your registry (note that the description is just fine). If it triggers your autism that badly:
C:\Windows\system32>sc.exe config sysmain displayname= SuperFetch

When you actually go to services in windows 7 and older and search for it, it will say "superfetch". Not anymore.

Nah m8, it was like that day 1 off a fresh install. I don't care anymore, just glad I found it after spending 2 weeks looking for it (it bothered me that much).

We're seeing the beginning signs of windows becoming consistent. Mark my words anons & screenshot this

I stand corrected: my Pro 1809 also has no display name for the SysMain service.
But in the grand scheme of things: big whoop.

Can I get one legally? Or close enough for a small business?

You'd have to look up their volume licensing stuff for that. I wouldn't buy them off ebay if they're gonna be used for commercial/buisness stuff desu.

This.
LTSC is great if you build your own, but if you have a brand new laptop it doesn't make sense to reinstall Windows and all the apps/drivers when you could do the same tweaks via the registry, settings etc.

Windows already downloads drivers for you automatically you ya dingus. At worst you might have to download a different graphics/wifi driver version for stability.

>brand new laptop that comes pre-loaded with bloatware and various other malware
>wanting a windows version that comes with candy crush
dont be retarded LTSC is nothing but stable, its just windows with "less" malware

docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/windows-setup-enable-custom-actions and be less stupid, user.

If they weren't trivial to uninstall (compared to reinstalling Windows), you might have a point.

>Jow Forums doesn’t care about telemetry
>actually installing Windows 10

What the fuck is going on

Get with the times gramps.

Jow Forums has memed itself into "it can't be disabled". This, like most things said on Jow Forums, has absolutely no connection to reality.

But it can’t be disabled

there are also ~150 more services on the initial install compared to LTSB. I don't feel like going through them all so I'm sticking to LTSB for the foreseeable future. It just werks.

It actually works better for me than win 8.1 ever did, and I thought 8.1 was the stable and best one. Make sure to set telemetry to 0 and use ShutUp10 to lower further data collection.

Attached: 31547882.jpg (350x351, 15K)

>the sky is blue
>but the sky isn't blue
>ive never left my basement to check tho

Attached: 1300720308609.jpg (472x315, 30K)

>Wifi driver need to be downloaded
>Ethernet drivers need to be downloaded
>Internet via my phone via USB drivers need to be downloaded. Obviously.
Fortunately, I had another computer to download them and the laptop was still supported. But laptops can be problematic.

The same people who want to install LTSC are the people who complain about Google using a lot of RAM who thinks Candy Crush is using up resources on their PC. It's just a lack of understand of anything. LTSC will not make your PC faster in anyway and you can create Powershell scripts to remove any bloatware that is reinstalled by updates if this is a concern. It literally takes 2 seconds after an update has been deployed.

The ONLY reason to use LTSC is if it is absolutely critical that updates are not faulty in anyway even for as much as 24 hours, as that is the typical cycle of update specific bugs that breaks features. I've only notice this happen once in 3 years and it was an update breaking the log in to the Windows Store. I don't know anyone who would need this realistically for home use, and definitely not anyone in this thread.

>Start menu
>Right click candy crush app
>uninstall
Unless you're a Mac user there's nothing hard about removing store shit in windows 10

GNU/Linux>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Windows 10 LTSB 2016>Windows 10 LTSC

>installs updates without your permission and gets stuck on a loop using 30% CPU until you kill the update process.

Windows 7 is the only patrician version of windows. It's the last version made for desktops and the last version that the user has control of.

Is this really the case with the drivers? I have a laptop that has a dedicated gpu. Seems like a hassle

>Oh, don't worry about this malware, you can ask it nicely to undo the thing it did without your permission!
Go back to phones, you're not ready for real computers yet, you cuck.

They're discussing W10. From this we can deduct that they're near illiterate when it comes to computers, so they're looking for the biggest number+"just werkz".

>da use powershell scripts
>no powershell script to remove edge/cortana
cope

>Candy crush
>malware
I'm sorry ,didn't realize you suffer from quite an internal screaming every time you see phones in the subway

The first time I had 10 (pro), I went through the default options. There is one to delay updates by a week/3 months (depending on critical or not).

Then I had stuff being reinstalled and used shutup10 or whatever. Works well since then.

Once it could connect to the internet by itself it did all the upgrades without problem. Can't remember if it was 7 or 10.

It would fallback to the basic graphics adapter until the video card driver installs.
That's assuming the Ethernet/wifi works out of the box, otherwise you have to install those manually first.

I tried to install my copy of LTSB on a Christmas build only to find the that the RTX cards don’t support drivers for it. Had to upgrade to LTSC which was very easy and doable from the desktop in LTSB. That’s about my extent of experience though. Everything else seemed completely normal.

>Wifi driver need to be downloaded
This is legit. All sorts of weird wifi cards out there, and Windows has never been great at covering them all, no.
>Ethernet drivers need to be downloaded
This is a yikes. What onboard Ethernet do you have that isn't covered by the Intel or Realtek inbox drivers?
>Internet via my phone via USB drivers need to be downloaded. Obviously.
>Obviously.
What sort of cheap'n'nasty chinkshit phone do you have that doesn't have a RNDIS interface?

It can’t be disabled

This
Also works for Windows Update and most of the OS features

Work for a Microsoft partner. I've got loads of free keys for various MS products.

SDIR 1790 will get your drivers
sdi-tool.org/

Attached: its_legit.png (441x497, 39K)

It's literally the only version of Windows that's somewhat okay to use.

>im too stupid to disable it

Attached: 987654321098.png (436x260, 11K)

There’s no way, it’s been proven to always report back to MS

Bump for this question

It should be the same performance now since it has the same 1809 build number as the retail builds of windows 10.
When the 1903 release comes out and there are performance improvements there, it won't get backported to LTSC since that only gets security updates.

You'd have to pay me good money to use normal Windows. LTSC is alright though, the best choice for gayming.

Absolutely yes. Install Linux via WSL and you're good to go. Literally max productivity while having the best of both worlds.

I've had no issues with any of the drivers that winupdate installed. I did uninstall my graphics driver and installed the one from AMD's website since with graphics drivers winupdate always installs some obscure version.

No issues with 3rd party software so far. Everything works just as it did in win10 pro.

Attached: img.png (1920x1088, 1.67M)

I knew I'd forget to blur at least one of those, oh well

Does anyone know a working guide for LTSB (not LTSC)?

Does this also work for LTSB?

I dualboot for vidya and one time the internet wouldn't connect for about two minutes after startup, which is weird as the connect is wired. That's about it though.

Of course.

It can be very driver-dependent. I had onboard Intel ethernet that I was at the desktop before it connected - checked it with a network monitor, and it wasn't even sending out DHCP DISCOVER packets until then - and somewhere along the line, a driver update fixed it.

>press install
>installs
only retards would think that installing windows is hard

I wasn't trying to imply it was hard - it's fucking easier than falling off a log, and fast as a bullet train (it took six minutes for my Skylake laptop to install 1809 in October). But let's face it, right-clicking some start menu tile and selecting "Uninstall" IS faster and easier.

This is what happens when you buy AMD.

Begone, copeanon.

Attached: 1544667387109.png (813x1402, 324K)

not when it comes back after every "update"
takes a good hour to uninstall all the malware that comes with a normal win10 install

Golly, I wish you people could fucking read.

>just edit scripts
or just install LTSC
tell me which is easier in the long run?

Installing LTSB/C. But as you haven't figured out yet, I'm suggesting options that don't require a reinstall or expensive volume license (some people care about the latter for some reason).

you are assuming anyone here actually buys windows licenses

Multiple people in this thread have mentioned free activation cracks. You lincucks are borderline illiterate

Then there's . But I'm getting sick of spoonfeeding you the thread you should have read yourself.

>can't read

Attached: 1542201134000.gif (275x154, 1.83M)

>microsoft changed prefetch/superfetch to "sysmain" in services in LTSC
No, they didn't.

t. Windows 8.1 fag

Attached: Superfetch.png (404x436, 11K)

>botnet
>an open source application well known for doing its job and doing it right

Attached: 12325136114.webm (480x360, 1.45M)

nigger yes they did

Attached: win101809.png (1011x820, 149K)

>caring about botnet when you're already using Windows 10
Also:

I use ltsc it and have had no issues.

Games, drivers, and even installing xbox app + Microsoft store worked perfectly.

I use ethernet, and no bluetooth

>Display Name
Oh. Should have just started from there nigga.