KDE

Is this the best desktop environment for Linux?

Attached: plasma-5.14.png (1600x900, 738K)

yes

The one I'm using.

It's the only desktop my wife's son uses!

Attached: muh_kde_diversity.png (587x510, 351K)

yes

KDE and Xfce are the best DEs, yes.

I like it because I don't really have the patience or time to rice i3 or any more minimalist WMs and gnome is shit.

Yep, pretty much. And Trinity (a KDE 3.5 fork) is the best options for toasters and shitboxes.

>using mouse

You mean hamster? Why wouldn't you? Would you use a touchpad instead?

using keyboard for anything possible is light years more efficient than a mouse, particularly on a laptop

So what are some distros with a good KDE integration?

KDE Neon, OpenSUSE, and Q4OS.

>single click opens folder
lmao

Keep pretending it's impossible to change that behavior.

arch, neon, kubuntu, manjaro

Yes, I still use Cinnamon though.

Unironically Gentoo

You don't even need cli to change that. Find better bait.

This.

That's a weird way to spell Budgie

*xfce

draw a circle in gimp then

This.

And it got a cool mascot, instead of a foot

Attached: 800px-KDE_Mascot_Konqi_by_Tyson_Tan.png (800x1333, 206K)

Is it possible to get rid of gnome on ubuntu and use KDE instead?

did your wife's boyfriend (her son's father) approve it?

*kool maskot

>double clicking everything because that's how wangblows does it
enjoy your rsi

this, even gnome has more keyboard integration than this zoomer thread. and I use i3

Based i3bro. I wanna try openbox, dwm, awesomewm, and budgie but idk which to choose first. KDE is shit desu and I suck at ricing. Which should I try first out of the 4?

for me, its spectrwm

t. on the spectrum

Feels and looks like chinese bootleg version of Windows.

Of course. Google it.

>le besed cool brah using cool wms liek me
>wanna try this other wms to become even cooler
>le DEs bad amirite
>which should I try first?
you should try killing yourself

Hell yeah.

Attached: IMG_20190115_163441_440.jpg (1280x720, 228K)

Fuck off nigger. I'm just asking for fucking advice you snot nosed kike.

What theme is this?

Fedora KDE master race

awesomewm is equivalent to i3.
Openbox Is great but you better find configs online or read the whole manual to get it to do what you like, I think you can make it behave like a tiling, or you just use it like a floating with workspaces and add shit like bars.
Dwm is also like openbox but tiling, and no config files, you recompile the code, which is not a problem the thing is a few kB.
I like gnome because even though it isn't tiling (just left and right, floating or maxed), it has more keyboard actions than any other desktop right now, and dynamic workspaces are better in most cases unless you have a profile to send windows to different windows

WM's are just DE's for niggas who don't have the hand-eye coordination to use a mouse

Is modular nice

Attached: Screenshot_20190115_125327.png (1920x1080, 632K)

go with awesomeWM.There are many pre-configured themes on internet. You just copy-paste them and will end up something like pic related.

forgot pic

Attached: AwesomeWM.png (1366x768, 1.14M)

KDE has configurable keybinds for literally everything and more

I don't know how GNOMEfags can live with GoyToolKit. As for Xfecesfags, their choice of DE can only be attributed to severe mental illness anyway, so naturally GTK won't bother them.

version 4.9 plasma didn't have "move window to workspace", historically kde is a clusterfuck with random functions while lacking others.
Do one thing and do it right faggot, they are all over the place

Nah op, it can’t get much worse than kde

I freaking love KDE
Although I do worry that they have been removing features a la GNOME devs, at least it's not as much

Attached: 2019-01-15-102212_6400x1440_scrot.png (6400x1440, 1.53M)

Can you make panel act like in gnome with extension - you point at any place on it, scroll and it scrolls your workspaces. I now that you can point at indicator of workspace but that is not what i want.

There's near no reason not to use xfce. You get the same usability and it's straight up lighter

>20-fucking,-12
Are GNOMEfags perpetually stuck in the past?

>same usability
you wish
>lighter
at this point, barely

that's Debian version, and CentOS doesn't even package 5. Enjoy your soon to be deprecated desktop while you can

Attached: smug_gnomefrog.png (506x467, 110K)

debian stable is on 5.8
you get off on making things up?

don't fucking rice it, idiot. You can spend much more time ricing XFCE then ricing i3.
Just USE it. It's a goddamn window manager, it decides where windows open on your monitor. You can even use it with xfce bar and all your shitty applets and menus and icons and shit. If you switch XFCE's wm to i3wm.
Stuff that differentiates how i3wm behaves vs xfce:
1) Windows don't overlap and open next to each other
2) Workspaces switch with different keybindings.
That's it
It's just not bundled in a meta package so you'll have to change like 1 string to i3 config (comment out the i3bar command and change it with xfce-panel instead)

Unity is unironically the best.

Unity had only one good feature -- it integrated app menu into the bar. However this is now implemented almost everywhere and is easy af to do in both kde and xfce(probably gnome too)

>CentOS
Garbage distro, only barely good enough for servers. Literally only used by people too dumb to consider not using RHEL but also too poor to pay for RHEL.
>soon to be deprecated
In relevant distros it's nowhere near that.
This on the other hand is deprecated garbage, almost as bad as xfce

This.

CentOS is quite literally exactly RHEL without customer support or access to the Red Hat Knowledgebase. It's literally built from the same source code as RHEL

Source: purchased a RHEL license once and have also used CentOS

>only barely good enough for servers
arch user?

FURRIES BTFO!

Attached: laughing-foot.jpg (440x512, 28K)

>arch
can't even consider that a distro really

beautiful

fucks sake Kevin

This

>KDE
>not even once

Attached: kde_mitre_inclusive.png (1041x564, 127K)

Its a strange way to say Gnome 3.32, the only desktop to be supported by professionals and corperations

It's impossible to find out if the milions of disorgonised and bloated menus

gnome nearly blew 100% of its funding on diversity so fuck off footfag

I don't use GNOME.

Yup

t. brainlet

It has come a ridiculously long way, but still isn't perfect. One thing that comes to mind is that Dolphin is a huge piece of shit--which is a shame, because it's also the most featureful file manager on Linux. It crashes constantly for me, handles SMB shares poorly, and has a truly god awful MTP implementation. I also wish it had a tree view more akin to Thunar, which has quite possibly the only fucking sensible implementation of a tree view in all of the file managers on Linux.

Maybe you shouldn't have fucked with the KDE mafia, kid. Better watch your back.

Attached: 1506205922281.png (323x282, 34K)

Unironically, yea.
1 year, no issues.

Attached: 21898289.png (1440x900, 588K)

Yes.

Now is there anyone here using a ryzen 2000 series? Mine does not suspend, anyone else experiencing the same issue?

Attached: Screenshot_20181229_175001.png (1920x1080, 2.16M)

Mine doesn't suspend too, but it is MacBook.

>actually running X
bloat lmao

kde is bloat

The way it handles file moving is the worst. It forces you to use a laggy poorly designed tree menu.

*was

Is KDE still the only Linux DE with a thumbnail grid in the file picker?

Yes

Attached: file.png (686x556, 76K)

KDE Neon if you want it to be as easy as possible.
Manjaro if you want absolutely everything bleeding-edge.
openSUSE if you have a GUI fetish.
KaOS if you want to be a hipster.

Are you really expecting processors made by poos to work correctly?

Attached: fuck weebs.jpg (1200x400, 213K)

how do you make those Mac like options on the top? file view go etc

Global Menu widget. I think it was a separate download at one point but it's built into newer Plasma versions.

Combine it with the Active Window Control widget and you can reasonably recreate Unity's godtier top bar.

0 calculator, granny needs a calculator.

Krautisitic.

fuck off to

That's beautiful. Can you share how you made it?

This pic actually makes me want to install Gentoo.

>you'll never get bossed around by your dom working ex-slut feminist wife...

Mine was working like shit until kernel 4.19.

Then do it

Thanks for these recommendations.