Am i really a faggot for using transparent terminals...

am i really a faggot for using transparent terminals? i read some mean posts on desktop threads regarding it and it's made me insecure. i guess im really not a basedboy after all.

Attached: 1518063423627.png (2560x1440, 2.32M)

how the fuck can you read text against that backdrop

why do all of you fags use laptops

Attached: 1544567619948.jpg (1920x1080, 211K)

GAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYMMES

>Arch+i3
>3 windows open with the default setting
>edgy icon theme
>scrambled colors all over the place
>taskbar at the top with a load of useless panel items
This is the most generic shit you can possibly rice

no transparent terminal is the only nice thing about ricing. I remember spending hours trying to compile eterm in 97 to have a transparent terminal.

I also like to use a transparent terminal. It's the only program I use with transparency. It feels lighter that way. I'm not blocking my other stuff, they are still there, but I'm now just quickly configuring something. Sometimes I might even try to read instructions from behind the window while typing them. Having a habit of using a transparent terminal taught me about GNOME devs saying "no" to people asking for that feature back.

>Caring about what Jow Forums thinks
>2019
ISHYGDDT

Attached: download.jpg (600x595, 32K)

HI JORDAN! IS THAT YOUUUUUS?
butt bleeding faggot.

if you like it, it's good. What you need to fix is, in order of priority:
> your self-esteem
> terminal transparency - can't see shit with that background
> gaps thickness - make 'em smaller
> get a better font and a terminal emulator, termite sucks massive dicks. Konsole/terminator is where it's at.

sanks for the input, frens

Never forgety gnome-terminal is also pretty decent

Yep, how can you read that shit?

I never do

Transparency gets a bit ugly when you have terminals upon terminals.

Now if you take a translucent snapshot of the desktop background, that can look really nice

>he fell for the ricing meme unironically
LOL

IMO the transparency only makes sense when coupled with blur (like the one you can set up in compton or in plasma), otherwise there's too much see-through effect. But that's a taste matter.

There's also a creative way of solving this problem by directly setting a blurry background on your desktop, but you risk making everything look like shit and not being able to ever show your terminals overlapping.
I wonder how hard would it be to port a plasma-like blur effect over to compton without killing the performance/battery life...

You are a faggot for using arch with i3 gaps.

cucked

>made me insecure
stop being a faggot and use whatever you want.
if it works for you and you like it, what's the problem? don't be another retard following Jow Forums's sheep-mind

i use 80s from terminal sexy for my st

You are a faggot for having such fragile self-esteem and for caring about what a bunch of cunts think who you will never meet.
If you want an honest opinion about your rice I will give you mine:
>Get that green battery icon out of your status bar.
>Decrease your tranparency a bit, this is too much.
>Decrease the size of your gaps, you are wasting space and you already can see your background because of your transparency.
>Use different colors, purple is one of the most overused colors for ricing.
>Get another terminal emulator and try other fonts.

holy fucking shit, you gave literally the same advice as me, except for the battery icon that I didn't even notice (agree on that, though).

The funniest thing about this thread, though, is that OP will follow every single advice we just gave him regarding his rice - because he's a low self-esteem faggot and does whatever the others tell him to do - but will not change himself in order not to be a bitch.
I can already foresee him getting a mac/iphone because of the meme about apple users getting laid more often and still not getting laid. If he didn't do that already

>HP spectre x360 Convertible
There is your issue, second is giving any semblance of thought to what Jow Forums thinks.

Why do you care what fags here think? Your desktop looks fucking beautiful.
I'm going to steal your idea, btw!

Nobody cares about you.

wrong
the only good thing about ricing is anime

Jordan, are you colorblind?

Attached: f5uem94q7ia21.jpg (1600x1069, 298K)

I use a transparent terminal but my desktop is solid black and I use i3 so I usually don't notice.

Yeah because you don’t blur it

niec pape post pape pls

literally about to switch to debian because you fags are making arch users look bad.

have fun with apt uninstalling systemd for you without confirmation

It looks fine but you're still a faggot for caring what dekstop thread pedos say

This, most of the rice faggots are weebs, for them it doesn't matter how functional or shitty are the looks if you post one of their favorite anime characters. Another thing op, only neets care for their computer's looks, a nornal person would only want theirs to only work