Spotify is kill

nuclear.gumblert.tech/

github.com/nukeop/nuclear/

Attached: screenshot.png (1898x1202, 726K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nuclear.gumblert.tech/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>ELECTRON BLOAT BAD
>QT BLOAT GOOD

cool idea, but just a fancy youtube player atm?

yes?

you know the code's going to be a pile of shit when the screenshots in the readme are instagram tier hipster interior design photos with the program open on an apple laptop, lol

call me when it has a mobile app. No idea why I'd bother with this on desktop when I can just download what I want directly

>what is allmusic

Spotify already uses electron, it's a zero sum game

at least qt respects my system themes
I don't want flatshit with 1km wide reddit padding

it says right there that it's not just youtube

enjoying taking an hour to get the album you feel like listening to instead of just streaming it on the fly

"im 12 and this is leeeeee cringeexDDDDDD"

CLI GPLv3 compliant Spotify client when?

>Javascript
into the trash it goes, give me a call when they rewrite their codebase in C++ maybe I'll even pull their repository and contribute

Attached: 1546248311641.gif (500x500, 1.71M)

>Electron

no thanks

>Spotify is kill
>Yeah because people usually pay $10 a month to listen to small local bands.

Yeah, no, I don't want another webkit instance running on computer when I can just use a tab on my existent browser

This could actually be useful to me, ignore all the fucking Autists around here, thanks for sharing

>it's not just youtube
>it's soundcloud too

So it's just youtube and soundcloud?
That's still weak as piss. That and since it's sourcing from music videos the preroll a lot of those have makes some 3 minute songs 6 minutes long.

Attached: Screenshot_20190115_104728.png (1920x1044, 79K)

Javascript is written in C++, so isn't all js code written in C++?

So this is like the same bloated electron piece of shit, but guaranteed to break when someone decides to change api?

LUL

this type of shit was mastered by 2009 with grooveshark and shit. i don't know how you can fuck it up.

>click play on anything other than a singles track or a track with a music video
>get a blank screen with the logo in the middle
This is dogshit. Moving on.

Attached: 100_to_fuck_off.jpg (500x375, 25K)

Even worse.
It samples live covers sometimes if it can't find anything better.
I just got a few Opeth tracks on piano.

What is allmusic?

Clementine has had every feature that this repo claims to dream about doing for ten years
and clementine isn't a shitty electron app

>JavaScript is written in C++
JavaScript is a language retard it doesn't matter what the runtime is written in

The fuck are we, your mom? Google it, faggot.

>sourcing from youtube

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 51K)

>There isn't a back button so you have to round-robin through your search results all over again instead of just clicking something once

Attached: grindsmygears.png (600x456, 298K)

Clementine primarily sources from local files and Spotify, but can also source from Grooveshark, SomaFM, Magnatune, Jamendo, SKY.fm, Digitally Imported, JAZZRADIO.com, Soundcloud, Icecast, Subsonic, or your Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive accounts.

Shit electron app based on the failed premise that the quality of music uploaded on YouTube and SoundCloud is anything close to acceptable. Kys

Attached: 1547401395790.png (1422x1600, 1.77M)

>Youtube, Bandcamp and Soundcloud
Hard pass my man.

It has no online client, how the fuck is it a competitor to spotify?

Why would you have Twitter -and- Mastodon?

>subscribe

>using spotify
just kill yourself already

I guess I'll keep using Spotify

Attached: Screenshot_20190115_135913.png (329x67, 6K)

>crashes half the time
>just youtube/soundcloud player
>electron
How is this a spotify killer?

Newpipe already supported YouTube and SoundCloud. This doesn't introduce anything new, why does it even exist then?

How much hipster starbucksfag can you pack into a single picture? God damn.

Attached: 68747470733a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f48714d503548462e6a7067.jpg (1024x681, 87K)

>hit enter
>crash
>search
>crash

Yeah no.

>Imagine Spotify which you don't have to pay for and with a bigger library.
But I'm not paying for spotify? Also big appeal of spotify are the daily mixes, discover weekly, release radar and ton of users' playlists

Phil Collins is good though

ok faggots what am i supposed to use instead of spotify then if you are so smart

>reddit padding
holy shit my sides

imagine thinking that qt is bloat

>Reddit padding

Attached: 1546011873765.jpg (258x544, 32K)

>so isn't all js code written in C++

Attached: 1547101423689.jpg (400x365, 17K)

post of the fucking year

Do you like Phil Collins?

I pay $5/month for Spotify+Hulu.

This is cool though.
Glad it exists.

>qt
>looking like it belongs
>windows
Pick two.

WTF BAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Attached: Screenshot_2019-01-15_21-26-01.png (522x181, 18K)

wtf did Jobs came back from the grave to endorse this?

nice

Attached: aJx1adRJ_700w_0.jpg (504x561, 47K)

Just tried it out.

>no curated playlists
>no music discovery functionality (e.g. personalized radio)
>no playlist sharing or collaborative playlists for friends
>no mobile app for remote control functionality
>doesn't support keyboard media keys
>a major bug where often clicking on something just shows you nothing but the logo centered on the window and the only way to get back is to close and restart the app

I'm sure it's okay in its own right, but in its current form this is in no way a Spotify killer in any regard and shouldn't be marketed as such.

Also, another concern I have is that using YouTube as a backend while circumventing the ads could land it in legal trouble with creators and labels if they ever find out about this.

>no support for local files

Can you just ascribe wrong quotes to dead people?
I hope some American files a lawsuit because he wasted his time with this application due to the made-up quote, and gets awarded enough money so that the company has to shut down.

>the company has to shut down.
are u retarded? that is some guy in a basement...

music apps like these have been available since the dawn of time. Unless you have shit taste and shit on your ears, it's easy to understand why these youtube/soundcloud players never take off

kek

Attached: Screenshot_20190115-230136_Lightning.png (1080x2160, 287K)

Newpipe is Android-only, so I guess this is kind of an improvement on the status quo.

Grooveshark has been dead for like 3 years and most of the things you listed are internet radio stations.

Ironically, YouTube masters are sometimes better than CD ones. I don't know what the fuck the music industry is smoking these days.

i wish spotify was kil
fuck paying that much a month, half the price and MAYBE
fuckin jews

Either get a shared family account or wait for a promotion.

Mad respect, my fellow collegefag

>former
>implying the corpse of steve jobs recommends this product
Top fucking jej

>streaming from youtube
No thanks, the custom hosts file gets me ad-free spotify anyway

Attached: 1542998446686.jpg (320x528, 23K)

why hosts when blockthespot exists

Because it works without patching anything

family account requires living at the same address though right?

Technically yes.
Practically I have been sharing my family account with various family members all around the country for a while now.

No.

so they dont really check? i could just get a shared account with my bf if they dont mind the fact im in different countries all the time

Attached: 8a140d6c-3cf0-4088-ab76-1bb289a5e2f2.png (563x176, 7K)

>code is going to be bad because the design doesn't look like some neckbeard made it
ok

>streaming from youtube
sweetie, if i wanted to listen to shit quality audio, i wouldn't download another program just to do it

the only thing this thing will kill is chatbot and RTMP music players that work on youtube links. Fucking cancer.

Don't know about different countries but so far 4 people all literally ~700km apart from each other no problems but all in the same country so try it out I guess

this has to be the worst project ever. spotify and blocking ads in host file works still fyi.

>not gnuclear or gnu/clear

>redditpadding
I'm going to have to use that now

>windows
Pick none.

>shit quality audio,
it's alright

>he doesn't know about the modded apk

care to enlighten me?

>streaming shitty quality music videos on YouTube uploaded by some retard or shitty SoundCloud quality

Attached: 1456081917736.jpg (1092x1037, 126K)

if you're on android go to mobilism.org (or download their app, it's great), there's a forum that uploads modded apps. Search for Spotify

if you're on iOS, download tweakbox off Safari, give the phone permission to open the app, open it and look for Spotify++ on the tweaked apps list

why would you need a separate program to stream youtube videos. just use your browser.

Funny story - Apple actually had purchased some garbage program from some dude to work with iPod and tried to make it work. And it basically has been working like shit before Jobs intervened and demanded to write something good from the scratch, thus iTunes was born.

Yes and no.
I have been sharing a family account with my family for a while now and while everyone lived in the same country it was fine. My sister recently did a year of school in Taiwan and Spotify required a location check via GPS on her account in a webbrowser or otherwise the family account would have been nuked.

>Get but
What did they mean by this.

Well, it's free but it's still illegal based on the ToS of sources like youtube, soundcloud etc..

Attached: touchy touchy.png (615x403, 360K)

aight well thanks anons i grabbed the modded version for now

Attached: 47341530_2346836322012085_2642050446394392576_n.png (680x738, 928K)

AppImage works great, so far so good. kinda wish is had playlists/radio, but whatever

Does it at least have gapless playback?

I don't know. Whenever I try to play something, it just shows this and stays like that until you restart it.

Attached: no-playing-for-you.png (1366x768, 51K)

It's a great concept but too buggy for me
Thanks for sharing tho, I'll keep an eye out in the future if it does not get banned.

I searched for an album and played a song from it. Instead of playing the album version which blends from one track to another, it plays the single version which has a fade-out at the end. Something tells me relying on YouTube as a backend is not working out.

hasnt spotify support in clementine been broken for months now

>nuclear.gumblert.tech/
Dead project

Attached: ded.png (523x34, 4K)