The absolute state of so-called open source and free software

This is why people use MacOS. Never have to dink around with anything. It just works.

Attached: switch to mac.jpg (590x443, 196K)

People use macos because their computers come with it. Stop acting like they choose it.

????
People buy macs because of mac os.

Yeah keep telling that to yourself

>it's another brainlet can't into CLI thread
Yay

>People this out of touch

I quit this board

>WAHHHHHHHHH WHY NOT EVERYTHING EASY FOR A BRAINLET LIKE ME
Install Gentoo

bye shills, you won't be missed

Be happy you still have a prompt despite the sorry state of your bootloader. On a Mac, such a corruption would end up with Applel telling you to return them the computer for repair.

This is the only component that systemd had to replace and never did.
The absolute state fo linux

Did you try 'help'? Not help, 'help'.

>installs grub wrong trying to be a 1337h4x0r
You can boot into a live USB or CD and reinstall grub on the disk you fucked up. The help command goes before another command to tell you what it is. Like it literally tells you "try help for usage" not "try help for a list of commands"
One google search

Attached: grub rescue.png (870x380, 35K)

Attached: try.png (352x423, 71K)

what went wrong?

>being this clueless

Grub rescue sucks because it has no command history or autocomplete or even a movable command cursor.
Sometimes you probe each disk using its horrible syntax only to find that grub rescue failed to load any FS modules and thus cant do anything.

I always just use a separate boot disk than deal with grub.

Attached: Capture.png (437x246, 219K)

POO

Attached: 1532698093686.jpg (643x960, 256K)

They did. Systemd-boot

Even tho im very anti-systemd and anti-grub (i use syslinux) that shit jus werks

yes, its a consumer product like a car, but if you open the hood of your car, it doesnt void the warantee.

If u can't swim blame the swimming trunks

They did replace it and it's fucking fantastic. You should give it a shot.

Fucking shitposter.

Attached: Screenshot_20190116_021506.png (1712x291, 299K)

Install rEFInd you absolute goyim. Or take the full redpill and go raw EFIStub. Never again will the bootloader not find your kernel because the bootloader IS your fucking kernel.

In my experience people buy macs because its a "status symbol" and because it "looks nice". Very few people want macs because of the operating system. They just want a facebook machine and word processor and you could get that with a cromebook, but there's a "social clout" that normies associate with apple.

Also I've noticed that for some reason people treat macs better. Like my gf would just leave her laptop lying on the ground next to full cups of water, and thats how she broke 2 different laptops. Then she got a mac and now she treats it like its made from a house of cards. Maybe because it has more astetics people associate it with having more value and being more delicate? Beats me.