How does it feel to be an Android user and have to wait 1 year for a software update?

How does it feel to be an Android user and have to wait 1 year for a software update?

Attached: osversions.png (758x282, 31K)

>satania.gif

here's your (you), now fuck completely off.

I don't know.
t. Android user

how does it feel to carry around a tracking device everywhere you go?

I'm indifferent. I can't wait for the linux phones to hit the markets. If they are decent I'll buy one and write my own free and open source apps.

Attached: unstallman.jpg (492x681, 49K)

But my Xperia Z5 Compact got an update a week ago

How does it feel to not have a headphone jack or expandable storage on your $1000 device?

Most Android flagships also don't have a 3.5mm jack nowadays. Never needed more than 64GB, actually I'm using 13GB right now. And I don't buy the latest expensive iPhone, I wait for the next gen so the price drops. I currently have an iPhone 8.

Why does it take so long for custom ROMs to come out? I've been waiting for LineageOS 16.0 to come out for my Nexus 5X, but there are already other Pie ROMs out there.

Just write your own """linux""" phone OS. Android is built off of the Linux kernel. If you're talking about open source hardware, that's a different story

my nexus and pixel phones get updates all of the time broham

>Doing anything with your phone besides phone calls and text messages
What are you? A Zoomer?

There's a lot of devices, and they need to port drivers. Also, in many cases, ROM developers aren't being paid.

I have a C compiler on my phone. Why don't you?

Nice LARPing

Really though, I do. I also have a Rust compiler on it, although it's a few versions out of date because Rustup doesn't have binaries in their repositories for Android hosts, so I'm relying on a third party Termux repository.

That makes sense. How long does it typically take for custom ROMs to become stable? There are ROMs marked as stable on XDA, but I've been hearing users report bootloops, problems with hardware encryption and SafetyNet, and bugs with Gapps. LOS 15.1 was released in late February last year, so I assume that will be the case for 16.0 as well.

Completely fine as it usually takes that much for a pajeet to whip up an unofficial lineage os build for my 5 year old phone

Android would be saved if google didn't let manufacturers fuck with the system... Samgshit adds their AMAZING apps and then stops updating. If Android came directly from google, then it would be more like the image on the left

You use a custom rom and update any fucking time you want. How have you not figured that out yet?

Android gets worse with every version so I don't care about updates anymore.

platformed and redpkged

I buy Xiaomi so my wait is 2 months, tops

By the time I don't get any more updates, I can buy a new phone, and still save money compared to I-fags.