Any mobile devs on Jow Forums? why is there no general for it?

any mobile devs on Jow Forums? why is there no general for it?

Attached: 1530798628338.jpg (1125x1358, 123K)

I guess the answer is no. But why?

I worked with normie mobile shit.

New to Jow Forums, are there more specific sections on diffrent boards ? Or what

They're all pajeets

Phone poster detected.
+ Pajeet possible.
Go back to Redit

Attached: fb_computer_science.jpg (2592x1936, 610K)

generals are just threads anons create to contain popular topics and have actual discussion instead of pure shitposting (ideally). For example, /wdg/ - webdev general is a thread about webdev, every time you want to post something related to webdev, you post it in that thread instead of making a new one.
what field of programming ISN'T filled with Pajeets? Is everyone here a neet hobbyist? This sure isn't the Jow Forums I remember posting in 5 years ago

>any mobile devs on Jow Forums?
Me, mostly android (native) tho

>Is everyone here a neet hobbyist?
Yes

>Is everyone here a neet hobbyist?
60% CS students 40% neet hobbyists is my estimate

I'd imagine actual expiernced professionals have better shit to do

I did mobile development for a couple years as a contractor. Wouldn't recommend. Around 2015 was when I started noticing being the only non-Pajeet on the team and most of my work was fixing their garbage.

mobile is cancer

Because people hate java and nobody has money for a Swift (iOS) device.

Embedded systems fag here, mobile development seems like an absolute hell to work in, along with web development.

Former embedded fag turned webdev here. That’s funny, after ten years doing embedded it was either moving on or killing myself. Embedded is full of retarded EEs that program worse than Pajeets.

>Embedded is full of retarded EEs that program worse than Pajeets.
don't say that on Jow Forums, embedded programmers are at the top of the programmer social hierarchy

I did some but this shit is so bad and market is absurdly oversaturated. There is nothing much to talk about mobile I guess.

Webdev is nowhere are bad as mobile. With proper Babel+Webpack+React setup it's comfy as fuck, but you have to learn how to use all these tools to make your life simpler.

>what field of programming ISN'T filled with Pajeets? Is everyone here a neet hobbyist? This sure isn't the Jow Forums I remember posting in 5 years ago
Only in shitty companies.
In my country I work for an ISP and telecommunications. I figured out why there was a difference of price between all of them
>historic company, employ white people, you actually have a nice service
>mid/high tier company, good service, mostly white
>ok tier, mostly white people when job is important, blacks and arab
>poor tier, shitty service, slow down your connection around 8p.m, employ blacks, arabs AND pajeet.

Well, I’m my career I’ve discovered some absolute horrors in the code base. One of the problems in this field is that once something is implemented and sort-of works, it is never touched again this leads to situations were horrible hacks and suboptimal code gets into production. When clients pick a particular vendor, they very rarely change no matter how shit the product is, because they start relying on your APIs and hardware etc.

I’ve seen shit like the following:
- Project manager not “trusting” git, he copies from repo out of branch and then copies back in when he does, leading to a bunch of build files and config files and test stuff being checked in all the time.
- CTO believing that EEs and physicists are so smart that they can learn software development on the job if they lack programming experience. I’ve fixed bugs where people have hard coded their workstation IP addresses because they don’t understand how networking and client/server works.
- Another symptom of not understanding networks: we have a web GUI for configuring our hardware, some of our customers even run these public facing. Password validation was, until very recently, done in the JavaScript running on the front end.
- CTO (original developer of the code base) learned C++ while making the original code, but didn’t trust the standard library so he reimplemented his own string and vector class and prefixed these with his own initials.
- html for the configuration gui is generated manually through appending on strings and nesting tables and iframes. One of the pages in the config ui has over 400 nested frames.
- sending two integer values to other probes was done in the following fashion: convert both numbers to string, append them to each other using a decimal point as separator. The receiver would parse the string as a float, floor it to get the first number and multiply it with 100 and subtract the first number to get the second number.

probably not when they come from EE

I only discovered the float hack thing when a client experienced a bug in situations where the second number grew higher than 99. Oh, and it didn’t help much that the string conversion was written by the guy that didn’t “trust” the standard library to begin with, so it was really slow and called sprintf and allocated and threw away buffers recursively

Yes, android in Java. But only for personal projects so far.

>- Project manager not “trusting” git,
>didn’t trust the standard library so he reimplemented his own string and vector class and prefixed these with his own initials.
I've done both of these

Do you have a masters in electrical or computing engineering?

>convert both numbers to string, append them to each other using a decimal point as separator. The receiver would parse the string as a float, floor it to get the first number and multiply it with 100 and subtract the first number to get the second number.
>I only discovered the float hack thing when a client experienced a bug in situations where the second number grew higher than 99.

Holy shit. I thought embedded was the pinnacle of programming, but this is some Pajeet-level programming. Did Jow Forums lie to me?

Attached: cs-grad.png (694x801, 116K)

Why?

because I used my own backup system before I heard about git and cant be bothered learning the standard library for most of the languages I use so I write my own

>can't be bothered with checking the API documentation, so I'll just reinvent the wheel from scratch every time
You have a degree in EE don't you?

more like "I've done things this way forever in my native language, so instead of learning the new language i'll just rewrite my old tools in the new language"
and I'm a high school dropout