Tfw no friend that wants to work on my autistic code projects with me

>tfw no friend that wants to work on my autistic code projects with me

Attached: 1489258821203.jpg (567x437, 44K)

Whatcha' doing friendo. Got a github? I want to learn me some shit today.

How autistic are we talking?

I want to make an economy simulator where NPCs buy and sell from each other and the prices fluctuate based on supply-demand. Then analyze the effects at a macro level, like do some sectors crash? How the wealth end up distributed? Are the bots capable of keeping everything stable? etc, maybe implementing new features to make everything more complex and interesting when I have the basics done.
No github yet, I initialized a local git repo and i'm commiting there, but I have nothing to show yet, just the first few classes and some methods.
Mockup related.

Attached: eco simulator.png (1298x528, 21K)

That sounds fucking cool dude, what language are you going to work with slash what's your end goal? I could see this as one of those clicker android apps with ads to rake revenue. In terms of simulating an economy there would definitely be repos already that encompass these sorts of mechanical actions. Let me go grab a bottle of pink moscato and I'll throw a repo up on my github for it and I'll fuck around with it. Make a disc or a slack and I'll join.

I'm doing it in Python, if down the road performance become a problem I'll remake it in C++ or whatever.
>what's your end goal?
Right now just a summer project for fun(and maybe having something to show on my resume), but who knows if I can make it something bigger.
Send some contact like discord or telegram if you are interested.

temporaryfae#1780

is there anyone who wants to talk with me :(

hang in there, fren

I would like to join too, daemon#6293

Where do I find people like this but not on Jow Forums?

desu you can probably find a decent group of people on Jow Forums, otherwise reddit is the best i can think of

tedward#5785

>tedward#5785

Attached: Untitled.png (613x140, 10K)

bump

sturmwalzer#4294

>I want to make an economy simulator where NPCs buy and sell from each other and the prices fluctuate based on supply-demand. Then analyze the effects at a macro level
You don't even need to write a program for this, just become an economist. You can watch NPCs buy and sell things all day long.

i want to learn some proggraming and wouldnt dislike some Jow Forumsritty friends so add me if you want :)
FierenTheFizz#4333

Sounds pretty cool mate. Do you come from an academic background? I'm not an economist but I am sure you could dive deep into the literature depending on the level of abstraction you want to approach this from.

>Do you come from an academic background?
Currently doing CS, took a class of economy, but didn't pay much attention since the professor was a leftie.

>you could dive deep into the literature depending on the level of abstraction you want to approach this from
I would like to, but I think most books on the subject delves too much into the political side of economy instead of the nitty gritty about how it works, so I don't have the patience. I would love to read something specifically made for programmers though

Have you looked into agent based modelling? It will let you simulate individual entities with their own interests. I don't know how you would simulate financial institutions but you said NPCs so I assumed you mean individual consumers. Might be worth looking into, I come from a physics background but the idea is fairly robust and I have seen it used for all sorts of problems.

Do you recommend any material into the subject? I would try to implement the NPCs AI like a basic finite state machine, would love to have a more indepth foundation.

i have clue much of what this is, but i'll throw you a contact
zxyz#8479

Sorry man but ABMs are out of my expertise. I did a quick search on libgen and sone interesting titles popped up. The nice thing about an ABM is you can probe the dynamics of the system, whereas say a simple system of ODEs will only give you behavior at the boundaries. Plus you could probably get some nice visuals out of the system which I think you might be after. ABM was the first thing that popped in my head from what you were describing but unfortunately I'm no expert. I'd help you out too but I'm a pretty marginal programmer. I'll see if I can prototype something because it sounds neat.

>Tfw the one that would hasn't come online in over 4 months
The only reason I keep my Wow subscription.

IRC, it's where the meganerds hang out, where they actually write code instead of memeing all day

Which channel theres people who actually want to do shit instead of a bunch of idlers?

>values a friendship this much
>don't exchange contact info outside the game

Attached: 1476834992418.jpg (413x395, 38K)

Well, I know his address and everything since I know the website he runs and the DNS has all of his information. But I'm not going to be impolite.

Oh just do a random walk because that's how the economy is

*idles in your direction*

I’m definitely interested and have relevant code. Haven’t read the thread yet, but if you haven’t a github or altnerative place to talk, please do.

ok, nevermind about the above. I don’t use discord and I’m too lazy to set up a bridge with Matrix.

Pls add me:
hawkeye1757#4097
I'll make the logo.

Attached: IMG_1571.jpg (428x424, 20K)

>didn't pay much attention since the professor was a leftie.

Fucking based! I like you already user

Reminds me of vic2.
How would consumption and RGO be handled?

yeET#7473

no

>working on game
>figure out some neat logic trick that makes my code a lot neater and less spaghetti
>finally get through that major roadblock in my programming, able to do so much more and be far more flexible
>show friend
>"cool"
>goes back to playing path of exile

Attached: 1512296862032.jpg (601x601, 76K)

This is less of an exaggeration as some people might think. I've lost 100% of my faith in humanity not through politics or religion but economics. They're all so fucking mindless. People with an IQ over 100 and critical thinking skills beyond a child's are like stars in an endless black void of retards.