/iemg/ — In-Ear Memes General

The In-Ear Monitors General: Giant Killer Edition, where we purchase products that punch above their price bracket, showing boomers that you don't have to spend over a thousand dollars to get comparable performance.

IEM advice request template:
>Your Budget
>Your Location
>Wired/wireless
>Over-ear IEMs/Hanging IEMs/Earbuds
>Sound signature
>Past IEMs

Featured IEM: TIn Audio T2 (Now on sale for $29)

Attached: 2018-tin-audio-t2-pro-in-ear-earphone-double.jpg (1000x1000, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/24pcs-12-pair-T400-4-9mm-headphones-memory-foam-tips-ANJIRUI-original-foam-tips-T500-ear/32887287874.html
youtube.com/watch?v=odCgvttH5h4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Maybe you're using silicon tips, you have to use foam tips. It's audio perfection. Clearly you have a defective set if that doesn't work. Mine is perfect across all frequencies. Are you sure you didn't order the inferior yinyoo v2s? Cables are great on the t2s so you shouldn't be blaming the cable. My cable sounds great and when I swap it to any other they sound terrible. QC issues are rare with T2s and only occur when the user doesn't know how to use them. Insertion and seal are a big factor too. If it's not deep it will sound off. Try swapping right for left and fitting them upside down . They're comfortable that way and allow you to deep insert. Audio Nirvana.

I have very small ear canals. Can I get tip recs?

EAR DILDOES

final audio e types have a very small size

Azla sedna SS

go full trottle and visit an otolaryngologist. get some silicon ear molds. make sure to get lots of quotes. first place I called said 300 bones, but I found another place that was doing it for 120.

It was the insertion depth. I was the poster below you, I have small ear canals. I flipped them and put them deep in like you said with the foam tips and big difference in the highs. They slowly push themselves out so I'm gonna order some very small foam tips. Thanks m80

Wow my shitposts helped lmao. I don't even own T2s cause they're subpar.

Your Budget: around 50€
Your Location: Europe
Wired/wireless: wired
Over-ear IEMs/Hanging IEMs/Earbuds: Hanging IEMs
Sound signature: mild V-shape
Past IEMs: Meelectronics M9, Xiaomi Hybrids

As my Xiaomi Hybrids are almost broken I've been looking around for a replacement.Final Audio E3000 looks like an option but the build quality seems pretty shit (pretty much no strain relief) and I've read the isolation is not that good either.

Yeah you sounded fanatical with the whole "nirvana from $30 chink iems" but it worked
Are silicone tips considered better then?

Tin audio T2s.

Shit I tried flipping them off, too, and now they sound better kek

My ear canals being small (like the other poster said) were definitely the reason for why they were sounding a little bit muffled, now I can definitely feel them deeper in my ear canal (heh) and they definitely sound better now. Or maybe it’s just placebo, we will see.

Attached: 12671E9B-FCCA-4E00-97D5-2DCDC2B3D8DC.jpg (836x543, 111K)

Looking at the £200-400 range for some custom fit IEMS in the UK.
Anybody have any personal recommendations or ideas? Been looking at the ACS evoke/engage. Want a pretty neutral sound with good soundstage.

if you don't need a monitor budget ciems are a meme because you're almost entirely paying for the cost of construction on top of the initial impressions over good internals

are foam tips actually better than silicon tips or is it a meme?

it depends on the tips, the iem, and what you prefer

T2 is a good all rounder but only value if you get them on sale. TRN V80 or Revonext QT2 are required though if you listen to electronic music or are used to sub-nig-bass and v shaped buds

t. own both

Attached: IMG_6855.jpg (3264x2448, 1.88M)

dekoni>comply/foam>silicone

what tips are those on the revonexts?

The cost of construction is about ~$100 per unit. Significant if you’re being a jew and getting $200 “budget customs” but a paltry cost if you’re getting proper kilobuck stuff.

i was just used to silicons and used them for years with my favourite SHE3590 and wasnt until i got into chi-fi and ordered some headphones that came with foams that i realised how much a difference they make to the sound and how much bass you get. Theres alot going on acoustically. My mind wwas and still is blown.

They rip, tear, get rank but once you realise they are consumable and budget accordingly its not a problem. I would say alot of people here have FOAM ANXIETY. I just buy 24 non clown colours for $7 and use across 3 pairs of IEMs

left is my Current batch of T500
middle is wooeasy T400
right is a shit tier KZ "large" that is actually a small.

Attached: IMG_7155.jpg (3264x2448, 1.32M)

Yeah I didn't think the construction cost would *really* hurt £400 CIEMs but I could be wrong, depends on what you get presumably that's why i'm asking if anyone has any reccs in that range.

Fair though if few exist, they are like half the price of a lot of us customs but it can't hurt looking for the best ones in that range.

lol

>getting $200 “budget customs” but a paltry cost if you’re getting proper kilobuck stuff
you are literally not even getting close to kilobuck stuff have you even listened to a budget ciem compared to totl iems? they are almost all single or double bas that are tuned for the purpose of monitoring, not casual listening at home for audiophiles. also they cost more than $100 if you aren't making them at home or did you forget that they're running a business that needs to recoup costs and pay their employees, 64 audio barely makes profit on their $500 a2e

how do i know what size i need? (not nozzle size)

lol
aliexpress.com/item/24pcs-12-pair-T400-4-9mm-headphones-memory-foam-tips-ANJIRUI-original-foam-tips-T500-ear/32887287874.html

The foam tips that come with the Tin T2 5mm port are T400 its basicly the middle of the road and close to universal fit as you get. Start there and if they are too big go smaller.

Like girlfriends you have try them out first there is no way of knowing.

Attached: HTB1j7DHKFXXXXaeXXXXq6xXFXXXu.jpg (990x299, 47K)

>TIn Audio T2

>search Aliexpress
>dozens of listings for T2
>they all have different brands like wooeasy, TINHIFI, or NICEHCK

Which one is the real one?

64audio tuning has subdued ~3khz, warmed up lower mid, and some of it has rolled off treble.
64audios tuned for stage monitoring, nowhere near accurate and high fidelity diffuse field or harman target.

>Like girlfriends you have try them out first there is no way of knowing.
nice

same

Welcome to buying chinkshit
Wooeasy and tinhifi are both legit, idk about the other one.
Don't get the T2 pros just the normal t2

the harman target is pseudoscience and diffuse field is a meme

back to /hpg/ you go, boomer

the harman target is literally pseudoscience and no one at all in the audio or music industry care about it besides harman themselves and the poorfag audiophiles who become weirdly obsessed with it after they get told it is what TRUE NEUTRALITY (doesn't exist by the way) is

>besides harman themselves and the poorfag audiophiles who become weirdly obsessed with it
You know there are other people besides nikita and other communities besides /hpg/?
>TRUE NEUTRALITY (doesn't exist by the way)
Seethe more, faggot.
Lemme guess, you use shitphones like Grado or Beyerdynamic because you've lost your hearing and can't hear any treble from normal cans?
Mind you, I don't like Harman IEM target cause it sounds just wrong, but OE target is fucking bae

Attached: 1541177444038.jpg (1039x1004, 109K)

also i'm a head-fi poster and im in my 50s and i like my bose

Attached: *sigh.jpg (219x302, 9K)

Thx mommy

you do understand that beyer primarily makes headphones for monitoring in professional use environments where they are widely used right?

And what does that change? Headphones are not supposed to color sound (out of the box at least) in any way.
Also, they're making "audiophile" headphones like 1990 or 1770, both of which have absolute treble rape.

Revonext QT2 or T2? I'm about to fall for a meme but don't know which one.

>pseudoscience
How and why?
Also im curious why they all have those elevated treble.

Bass (QT2) or Treble (T2)?
It's your pick.

Any thoughts on the KZ AS10?

I feel bad for the user that's about to purchase the 64 audio U12T when the UM Mentor V3 is so much better in every regard. That user is about to get seriously cucked.

youtube.com/watch?v=odCgvttH5h4

I'm definitely more of a treble guy. T2 it is, thanks.

>no one at all in the audio or music industry care about
I think sonarworks agree about the bass boost in the harman target.

And it's an ongoing research, probably too early to be be adopted in professional environment, hardware wise.

The isolation seems to be competing against se215 and etymotics.

>Headphones are not supposed to color sound
first of all that's your opinion because some people can like colored sound, secondly "colored" sound such as warmth can be seen as natural to many people because again neutral is not a real thing due to the way sound is perceived between people
>they're making "audiophile" headphones like 1990 or 1770
>Tesla studio reference headphone for mixing, mastering, monitoring
it's one company creating a "perfect sound" target through tests with relatively small sample sizes to sell their own headphones, which is basically the same kind of r&d every headphone company ever does. they have an elevated treble because it can bring out certain elements of a mix that can be helpful for monitoring because that's what they are made for

Fell for the meme. Hope I don't get chinked.

Attached: Screenshot_20190115-200810.png (2048x1860, 547K)

"Best" is a balance of multiple parameters.
Foam can provide an easier fitting with high comfort. The damping of foam can reduce canal-related treble peaks a little. Foam offers the maximum sound isolation possible if that is desired.
Expansion of thermoplastic foam takes longer in the cold, but the foam is always soft and less durable in the heat. Any foam overhang over the sound port can block it, causing a dramatic loss in high-frequency response. Attempting to roll up heat sensitive foam right after removing it can take some time to refit.
Most people are familiar with Comply, which may be a little too soft for its own good.

what do you use?

>first of all that's your opinion
>and i dont respect that
just stop, both of you faggots
no ones gonna win, no ones gonna care
and fuck back off to /hpg/

>all the harmantardon refugees immigrated here after getting holocausted out of /hpg/

Attached: 1500417168505.jpg (538x513, 106K)

I've heard both. Mentor V3 is thin and the bass kind of sucks. U12t still better unless you're gunning for that dual-tone cable and adjust bass leak bullshit gimmicks.

>perfect sound
Sennheiser, beyerdynamic, etymotic, and akg claimed their cans "diffuse field" tuned, while none of all sounds the same.

/hpg/ is more like zeos
While here is open and mixed.

i never said i don't respect their opinion of "no headphone should ever be colored in any way" i just said it was an opinion and it also happens to be one that many people and companies disagree with

You seriously claiming DMS is wrong here? The guy has more experience than you. Maybe you have shit ears. No wonder you can't find a good iem.

>DMS
literally fucking who

Male lesbian.

fair enough user.
just dont fight and ruin this damn chill ass thread

Attached: YAMETE.jpg (480x480, 13K)

I live down the road from an audio store. I probably do have more experience.

Go with low expectations and you will love them

whats the difference between the t2 and t2 pros?

>neutral is not a real thing due to the way sound is perceived between people
Do you even know how a human ear works?
If you take a speaker that has a flat FR, ear shape makes specific resonances that result in a 3kHz peak. Which is literally a diffuse field response curve.
That is neutral, and any deviation from that is coloration of sound.
>some people can like colored sound, secondly "colored" sound such as warmth can be seen as natural to many people
Natural, not neutral. That's their subjective preference not resulting from anatomy of their ears.
>they have an elevated treble because it can bring out certain elements of a mix
Have you even considered for a second that it may be a design flaw? I can't imagine a situation where I would actually need +10dB of high treble to find any more needed detail.
>he's still here
I'm glad to point out your faggotry anywhere I can, boomer

more treble and bass, not to be confused with higher quality treble and bass which it doesn't have

Shure black foam, medium. Less soft than the previous large T-100, but more durable. The grate has to be torn up to force the sleeve in on the ER4. The fit is firm, which helps when I have to twist it to get to a comfortable depth.
The sleeve doesn't hold on after taking it off the nozzle once. It worked fine for about three months, then loosened up from pulling it off. It was motivated by a silly thought inspired by /iemg/, but still.

They can't possibly be better than my AIRPODS?

Attached: Snapchat-1708621958.jpg (2000x4000, 1.49M)

He's the best reviewer on youtube. the hierarchy goes:

DMS
CalvineJunkie
Badguygoodaudio
super*review
Zeos

your shitty harman meme has been debunked multiple times you silly shabbos goy

>Have you even considered for a second that it may be a design flaw? I can't imagine a situation where I would actually need +10dB of high treble to find any more needed detail.
this is why you don't work in audio

If there's one thing I hate more than product shills, it's reviewer shills

>CalvineJunkie
this dude is barely even a reviewer, all he does is measure shit then creates some shitty audio filter that doesn't mean anything and says i like or didn't like it

I don’t want harman target though? And I don’t give a shit about diffuse field?
This.

he said the moondrop crescents are great while shitting on all kz iems which gives him validity.

What?
I'm neither nikita nor sapphire so I don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
Put your shitcans on and maybe you'll finally lose the rest of your hearing kek
If you do, please tell me why are producers/masterers using headphones instead of actual studio monitors. That seems fucking retarded.

Autism aside, why's no one talking about Fiio FA7?
Honestly they're the first iems I'd love to buy only for the design. They look so fucking nice uwu

Attached: TIM20181123151641.png (500x384, 205K)

At least diffuse field and harman derived from flat speaker in a room.
While stage monitor is a different thing.
Up to you then, i just want to inform you.

You’re never going to get speaker neutrality with IEM tunings thanks to HRTF. And Harman sounds like absolute fucking trash. I’ve demoed IEMs tuned to Harman and they sound like the most muddy bassy shit possible. The U12T is the first IEM I’ve heard with a tuning that sounds good to me and with really good imaging all around.

>
>
>This.
And then how and why it's pseudoscience?

>If you do, please tell me why are producers/masterers using headphones instead of actual studio monitors.
they don't use headphones for actual production or mastering because that is stupid, they use it for monitoring during recording or live shows

This is the closest thread I can find for this question. I use a cheap DAC, a Fiio Taishan. Is this basically the best you can get until you go beyond the $150 mark?

Because the sample sizes of the studies are incredibly small and the studies themselves have not had repeated and consistent results, yet Olive Oil and his army of shills calls it the “listener’s preference”. Full of shit.

Attached: 88DF554C-854F-43D6-A7FA-45068AAC88DE.png (1006x658, 53K)

Question from last thread. Who sells legit Sony mh755s that ship to the US? There's so many fakes out their.

Attached: Sony_MH755_thumbnail_cropped.png (911x909, 297K)

>which harman target, the 2015 one or the 2014 one?

Attached: 7450E38E-1C8F-4B6D-BC09-427314D89E05.png (1617x838, 220K)

and then that's first of its kind?

There’s not even consistent results between male and female listeners. So much for “objective preference”. Muh “audio is a science” lmao.

Attached: AB2C7C2E-A754-4276-BF65-C744D2534515.png (987x671, 37K)

>fakes

please point me to some fakes, i want to know what is leading you to believe they are fake.

I like TechManZ. He's a Jew, but a good Jew, with good opinions

>Fiio Taishan
do you have any issues with those?
if no, then you didn't need any dac.

n-no i just ordered moondrop blessings

What’s first of what kind? The point is that Harman target is hardly objective in any shape or form. Show me a study with a sample size like 2000 and consistent results between different listener, age and racial demographics and show me consistent results between each repeats of the same study and I’ll believe it.

Attached: F36214A7-E226-426D-A44D-520FEF85D986.png (905x859, 146K)

I can hear just fine, which is why I don't tolerate muddy harman garbage.

Ah right, forgot that there are genres of music that rely on actual recording.
>I’ve demoed IEMs tuned to Harman and they sound like the most muddy bassy shit possible.
Nigga what the fuck. I tried eqing my iems to harman target and they sounded like absolute hissing mess with no upper bass.
Absolutely not muddy considering that 200Hz (the mud range) is 12dB below subbass.
Of course it's not. For a DAC only, there are lots of Topping ones that measure better than way more expensive gear.
For a DAC/Amp combo, E10K is still the best choice I think, at least for less than $100.
Do that study yourself if you need it so much, you fucking faggot.
And post actual descriptions for those pics because they explain about fucking nothing.
>muddy
And that's how I know you have fucked hearing, boomer

why the cable ? the one that comes with the T2 sounds great and is surprisingly rugged. I have abused mine cycling and its fine. I only ordered another cable to run in 2.5mm Differential mode. Your just wasting money. BUT TIPS ORDER SPARE FOAM TIPS NOW !

Attached: IMG_6853.jpg (2448x3264, 2.32M)

EQing is not the same as having actual IEMs tuned to it. EQing runs into this nice little thing called HRTF and unit variance which means that the same IEM EQ’d to the same target will sound different to different people.
>Do that study yourself if you need it so much, you fucking faggot.
I don’t because I don’t believe in “objective listener preference”. That’s audiophool garbage.
>And post actual descriptions for those pics because they explain about fucking nothing.
They pretty clearly show the differences in results between demographics and between the various studies done by Olive et al. Sorry if you’re retarded, harmantardon.

first kind of actual human's response, not like manikin derived diffuse field.
so, it's just need more listener samples to be statistically objective?
or the samples is actually variable enough to get an average? because i think ~2db difference is not that far away.

Lot of people last thread talking about it m8. Its not the first mention of it in the archives. And I just skimed at some reviews that made mention of the same thing. I'm sceptic that it was all an elaborate meme.

>so, it's just need more listener samples to be statistically objective?
It needs a massive sample size and demographic diversity and repeated studies over different sample groups in order to be anywhere near objective for 7 billion people.
>because i think ~2db difference is not that far away.
Does look like 2db to you? How about ? Nice fluctuating bass response eh?