/dpt/ - Daily Programming Thread

What are you working on, Jow Forums?

Last thread:

Attached: 1492893712908.jpg (600x571, 86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/leethacker/Tendies-TUI/releases/tag/0.4
en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Algorithm_Implementation
gitlab.com/ryukoposting/weblisp/tree/html-escapes
youtube.com/watch?v=Txf7swrcLYs&t=8m20s
freebsd.org/doc/handbook/ipsec.html
whatismyipaddress.com/vpn
computer.howstuffworks.com/vpn.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for C.

Attached: 1546572696811.png (376x341, 102K)

Ruby?

CCL > SBCL > u're favorite language > poop > C++ > java > python > C
Prove me wrong. Protip: you can't.

Fourth for Forth. Check em.

why dont u go write a top get getter in forth faggot

What do I do if I only know useless programming languages

JavaScript rocks!

Attached: js_rocks.png (1433x779, 473K)

why is google trying to create a programming language monopoly
and shit like apple and microshit
literally just using their money to shill their garbage languages

im actually mad about this, when in practice C+scheme would be 100% ideal for any situation

I've been using my TUI editor I made a lot. I'm rather happy because this and my Bible search CLI app are two projects I've actually been using frequently. Most other projects just sit unused in a folder for years.
github.com/leethacker/Tendies-TUI/releases/tag/0.4

Forth is cool but lisp is superior in every way.

I'm learning Forth now.

Javascript and Python are all you'll ever really need.

Hey bros, can you explain a VPN to me like I am retarded (which I might as well be).

>super duper computers in umbrella corporation basement all on their own network
(not connected to internet)
>There is a "gateway" machine that allows outside access to the network
>Somehow you can "tunnel" to this gateway machine

I don't get any of this shit. Is a "VPN" just a network behind a firewall?

en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Algorithm_Implementation
who /stupid and lazy/ here

Attached: 1474080229081.png (198x234, 35K)

big companies want an established controllable ecosystem. why are you not mentioning Rust?

>>>/insane asylum/
Where you belong.
Never come back.

reading a book would be quicker in the long run

Attached: 1544865995802.jpg (561x350, 101K)

Scheme is missing a ton of features lisp has that makes the system particularly useful. While scheme hygienic macros and single namespace are infinitely superior, proper conditions/restarts (with system support, not just ad-hoc crap), proper image saving/loading, native threading, precise GCs and high performance are all really important to get a good environment going. Scheme is crippled as fuck compared to CL which is really sad since it's infinitely cleaner.

reading hard copy is still the fastest method of intake, though some people prefer to get a page of text in the form of 10 youtube videos

Attached: cracksipp.png (1200x1080, 1.02M)

writing a logger

considering having the console depencency injected.

Attached: logger.png (829x531, 29K)

>big companies want an established controllable ecosystem.
oh come on, you dont think it's weird corporations have been shitting out languages to replace languages like C, Cpp, Python, Ruby

and even Java now

>objective C
>swift
>go
>kotlin
literally why

We already have log4j

>>kotlin

kotlin is so that web people can write java.

no, i don't think it's weird, i think it is deliberate subversion for their best interest and we should expect it to continue.

this is for front end javascript.

Log4js then

doing god's work, user.

Attached: 1546325692036.gif (600x400, 892K)

>Run texteditor.py to start the application
>no README
>no explanation what the software is

dropped

Is there an explanation of effects for retards out there somewhere

indeed

Kotlin is what Java wanted to be.

yeah i dont think so

It's all in a single C file, in the single directory. He seems to have adopted the suckless style, without a makefile.

Attached: 1544239269793.gif (360x314, 2.86M)

I only made the shitty C version because Jow Forums was nagging me to. I will gladly remove it if Jow Forums doesn't want it anymore.

what did they smoke at Sun
String[] greeting = { "hello", "asshole" };
Runnable printer = (String s) -> System.out.println(s);

Stream.of(greeting).forEach(printer.run());

>listening to Jow Forums
are you retarted?

Attached: 1547259375714.jpg (138x179, 10K)

my lisp web DSL has gotten a lot more stable over the last couple weeks. Got lazy evaluation working today. Infrastructure has been laid for styles. HTTP query string reading has been verified for both GET and POST, all I need to do on that front is add the expressions to the interpreter. Gonna be pushing some big changes up to master soon.

based

I'm the user that directed you towards tags a few weeks ago. I'd also suggest having a better README than a one-liner. Probably an explanation of what the project is would be helpful.

Attached: A9_.png (512x512, 39K)

How am I supposed to get a job?

apply to your local mcdonalds

this code is completely invalid

>I'm the user that directed you towards tags a few weeks ago. I'd also suggest having a better README than a one-liner. Probably an explanation of what the project is would be helpful.
Thanks fren. I guess I'll get around to that.

Is there a language agnostic good book on algorithms and data structures ? I can't even do anything and barely know what a sort is

just read about them on wikipedia

If you'd like a general template for a README, my current project has a decent README, a contribution guide, and a CI pipeline. If your main focus is Python, take a look at how pip packages are structured- for most languages, the package manager requires some specific structure, and so that structure ends up being the de facto standard for how all projects in that language are organized.

C will allow your code to be portable without the overhead of a python interpreter- it's not just about speed. If your heart's not in it, then it's okay to get rid of it, but there are merits to that degree of portability. Just make sure you don't stick your fingers into GNU extensions.

shit, I remember it working on Oracle. Maybe I'm going senile.

What should I make sure I know to get a job

list, array, trees, hash table

What's your project?

this:
here's the branch I'm currently working under:
gitlab.com/ryukoposting/weblisp/tree/html-escapes
I plan on merging it into master soon, just a few finishing touches.
the man page is under docs/man/. I still need to get around to doing more formal documentation of the language.

holy shit C++ is absolute fucking dogshit bloated as a dead whale on the shores of wherever the fuck

how can u defend this language

>how can u defend this language
by being retarded... duh

use plastic scissors python then brainlet

Attached: mr-big-010_10931862.jpg (960x720, 237K)

Mega Man X in HolyC

Attached: megamanx.webm (852x656, 983K)

You are a hero.

What about algorithms though

In javascript, this is just
import _ from 'lodash'
import chalk from 'chalk'

const print = chalk.white.bgBlack

_.forEach(_.concat('hello', 'asshole'), el => print(el))

Sorry. My bootcamp only told us how to use lodash and react.

This post will absorb any bullying in this thread, direct all mean comments here.

Attached: anti bully ranger.jpg (833x696, 143K)

you are nice user

There's no problems with your programming language.
It's just you.

how do i become the ultimate programmer, what traits would a programmer need to possess for you guys to acknowledge them as the superior programmer?

Attached: 63b.jpg (1000x1000, 314K)

If you want a job perhaps you should try actually programming instead of reading about shit

It's not a favorable analogy because that demonstrates the countless standardization issues of engineering. You don't need most of the different screw heads there are. It's bloat. Often just to ensure maintenance monopoly or supplier exclusivity.
C++ has managed to grow their language to have plenty of overlapping features completely organically with no such ill intent.

Attached: screwheadsinstructable.jpg (284x480, 71K)

>const print = chalk.white.bgBlack
cute

That's why I'm asking...

They would have code exclusively in C, specifically with whichever compiler the comsci 1 college servers use. They have to have at least one hand injury from playing Melee. They also need to have an esoteric altar to Hitler and vote exclusively based on which candidate is closer to Hitler. And they have to install Gentoo.

I want to fug chinatsu

>not a favorable analogy because
>different screw heads
holy fuck programmers are autistic as fuck

IT'S JUST A LARGE TOOLBOX THAT'S IT NOT MORE NOT LESS

I know at least one person reading this is going to unironically try to become this.

Dumb faggot. Ditch C peepee. Code in C (cc compiler like the college servers) and play more Melee.

>it's just a large tool box
Well that doesn't fit C++ well because it's not that big a toolbox compared to many other languages.

If the picture just meant 'it has a toolbox'. You'd be alright.
You're not saying very much though.

What made you think I'd just read

you learn to write algorithms through practise, you can go and read about some sorting algorithms if you want to, they might be in your interview but you need to be able to implement your own algorithm to solve an arbitrary problem

Is this a good parenthesis matching implementation?

def balance(chars: List[Char]): Boolean = {

var stack: List[Char] = List()

def proc(xs: List[Char]): Boolean =
if (xs.isEmpty) true
else if (xs.head == '(') {
stack = xs.head::stack
proc(xs.tail)
}
else if (xs.head == ')') {
if (stack.isEmpty) false
else {
stack = stack.tail
proc(xs.tail)
}
}
else proc(xs.tail)

proc(chars) && stack.isEmpty
}

That's what in trying to do here

What language am I looking at? This looks like Python’s retarded younger brother.

Scala

Is that the functional language that compiles into Java bytecode?

ye

youtube.com/watch?v=Txf7swrcLYs&t=8m20s
8:20
somewhat related

cool but I'm not using haskell tho

baka

Excessive parentheses are inelegant.
Done

hello fren i also use ruby
it's slow, bloated, and hackish, but goddamn if it isn't comfy and easy to prototype with

Attached: Microsoft.VisualStudio.Services.Icons.png (959x833, 89K)

>Putting C++ that high
Do you enjoy working with boomer legacy code?

Hey all-

I recently finished a MERN stack bootcamp and got hired to work on various projects, some of which include Java / spring backend. They are basically giving me a couple weeks to bone up on the Java language.... Holy hell it's a different world compared to JS (a language in which I really just know enough to be dangerous) Does anyone have some words of wisdom/moral support or good CRUD tutorials to get things up and running ? My initial thoughts: It seems incredibly tedious and seems to force my brain to really tizzy out even a basic coding problem before I can approach it.

can i get some intellij help

how run

rm -rf IntelliJIdea

Attached: spacemacs.png (367x400, 98K)

How do I create a makefile that can compile a library for both static and dynamic linking?

I want to write some C# programs on linux
should I use mono or .net core?

core is less buggy in my experience

rm -rf your-life

freebsd.org/doc/handbook/ipsec.html
whatismyipaddress.com/vpn (non-technical)
computer.howstuffworks.com/vpn.htm (surprisingly informative)

VPNs encrypt your traffic and pretend connections are direct when actually carried over public networks.

You can never be sure if consumer VPNs aren't a honeypot BTW.

Have a target for the static lib, another for the dynamic lib, and a third phony target that depends on both of them.

>making a better MMX game than modern capcom
>doing it with a meme language on a meme OS

Capcom should just suicide themselves

You need an automaton to parse context-free languages.

Sorry, didn't understand. The gateway is probably there so telecommuters can pretend to be on the local intranet. Assuming nobody can hack in somehow.

just started going through Learn Python the Hard way.

should i just continue or stop and do something else.

Something else.