I'm hoping you guys can help me...

I'm hoping you guys can help me. I recently signed a lease to an apartment that had 'internet included' and little did I realize it was a bunch of daisy chained fuckery that I have to share with at least 4 people. As a result my internet is often unusable due to my dark skinned fellow tenants torrenting/streaming shit all day and night.

Pic related is the setup. Red lines/boxes are parts of the network I have no control over, and black stuff is what I have control over. As you can see I have access to the Switch leading to several neighbors, who I believe are the ones causing my internet to have over 1000ms of ping within the same city. I have tried activating QoS and stuff on the switch but nothing seems to work. It has DSCP/802.1P Based QoS and Storm control, but no combination of things seems to stop the flooding of the network.

I figure there must be some way I can change some settings so we can all enjoy the internet without my fucking ping being over a fucking second. I know this isn't a personal tech support forum but I thought you guys might find this case at least a bit humorous and can laugh at my pain.

Attached: fuck.jpg (1395x964, 110K)

try paying for your own line

Attached: 1547174686625.jpg (3264x1836, 1.52M)

That will be the next step, but I'm hoping I can find a cheap solution in the meantime.

Line into the router and see if ypu can do qos and throttle the other connections

0/10 you are literally the niggest in the picture. Should have use pink.

does mom know you're up this late champ?

shitposting from work. try harder

You're either not setting the QoS correctly or there is even more traffic upstream

What's the correct way to set it up then?

I'm white not pink

what time does micky D's close?

I bet you glow in the dark too

This one is open 24hrs. I finish in 6 hours.

>Line into the router
Which one? I've tried getting into the landlord's Switch/router but they've definitely changed the password.

bruteforce the router password and go from there

I don't think that would help. The choke point is definitely in my switch. I can see those fuckers flashing rapidly right this minute.

Buy a switch that has QoS. Enjoy not understanding it because if you could you wouldn't have made this thread in the first place.
Why is everyone else connected to the switch that you control though, instead of the landlord's switch? And what's the story behind the yellow little fuck? If it's interesting, I might even throw a few more ideas

Honesty what did you expect? This is literally what "internet included" means when you sign a lease. I do find it hilarious though that you're complaining about niggers when you can't even afford to buy your own internet.

QoS needs to be configured depending on your connection, it isn't going to do shit just flipping it on. You need to be in control of the buffer itself to prevent it from being fully saturated

Buy a 10Mb switch for cheap, or get a managed switch that'll let you turn the ports down lol

Haha champ, a fellow Ausfag I'm guessing?

I have QoS. Port based seems to do nothing, and I'm too stupid to understand if storm control or the other type even does anything.

Yeh this. Just MitM that shit

Actual advice here, give your router an static IP Address outside of your landlords DHCP server range, then setup a couple rouge DHCP servers on your switch.

You can mirror those ports too and inspect the packets to see if your claims are correct.
Since you're going the aggressive route of taking action I mean.
If the diagram is correct you actually have a lot of power.

cut the lines heading out

Do QoS based on MAC and give your devices highest priority. Or do IP-based and set a static IP for your computer. QoS on the router works, I just don't think you set it up properly.