Where can I find a good quality CRT monitor? They're brought up as a superior option to LCDs...

Where can I find a good quality CRT monitor? They're brought up as a superior option to LCDs, but I can't find any that are decent. I've looked on Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace, but no luck.

By "good quality", I mean 1920x1440 or 2048x1536.

Attached: serveimage(6).jpg (640x480, 55K)

Is this meme back now?

In what respect do you think they're superior?

I'm just curious to see if they're even available in the first place

yeah theyre available, in 1990

they are superior in that they
bend your desk
take up lots of space
VGA only
coil/capacitor whine at resolutions above 1024x768
2 min a year you get full color, otherwise the wonky electron gun makes the screen yellow all the time

Go back in time

I had two 22" Mitsubishi DiamondPros that were the absolute top-of-the-line CRT monitors when LCD monitors were starting to get cheap, and I was all "hurrrrr LCDs are shit". They were two-feet deep, weighed around 35 kilograms each and the lights in the house would flicker when I turned them on. And you couldn't put speakers anywhere near them because the magnetic field would warp the image. And they got really, really fucking hot.

CRT's have gone the way of the floppy disc. Just let them go. You really don't want one.

They were superior to LCDs around 15 years ago.

Nokia 445PRO is 1800 x 1440 but has no vsync limit. The maximum stable hz recorded is 380Hz

This
The only people who are nostalgic for them are people that didnt regularly use them

>They're brought up as a superior option to LCDs

They are not superior in anyway except native contrast which you will never notice because trying to take advantage of it requires levels of brightness that will bloom your entire screen.

Do not buy a CRT if you are not a retro gamer, it is not the product for you.

nigga it's 2019

Only CRTs (AFAIK) that had resolution approaching that is high-end Sony broadcast shit. They cost a fucking boatload even then, and the only place you'd still find these relatively unbashed one is maybe the backroom of broadcaster or something. You dont want to be buying this shit in ebay, and you really dont want to have to be trying adjusting/calibrating this shit after its been bashed around, like herding cats in 4D.
>The only people who are nostalgic for them are people that didnt regularly use them
this - They are dreadful, heavy, whining temperamental and immobile bastards, be happy for progress.

they don't whine
were teh fuck does this even come from? what coils, but it doesnt fuckign whine you retarded idiot. probably youor piece of shit video card coil whine or your motherboard. ive never heard a crt whine. EVER. godamn man

bends your desk. fine then. go buy a cheap piece of shit that you fall on one day and break your whole computer setup cause muh monitor too much heavy

yellow? when? when have crts been yellow. i have one when its not plugged into th ecard right or all the way it gets yellow. plug your card in and it isnt like we cant fucking remember back 10 years or so ago when people had more. or my whole fucking childhood. but go on and ramble about your fucking leds, and your fucking
progress or whatever.

and go blind looking at that light shining in your face they have to use.

theres no reason debating u stupid fuckers or talking even talking to you youll just liie cause your whiny faggot bitcehs who want everybody else to go blind

>never heard a CRT whine
Then you have never been near a CRT, they whine. Go find any CRT television and turn it on...it will whine.

CRTs are not supposed to be yellow...but lots them of can have messed up electron guns(probably from trying to move those beasts) which often results in yellow screens.

i just said dumb fuck, i have been around crts my whole life, i dont use leds. and ive never heard coil whine. im running 1600x1200 x75hz right now nad guess what? since ive got this 2 years ago, guess how much crt whine i heard from it?
none

and ive never heard a tv whine ever.
Ihave never heard that. ever. so shut the fuck up. it comes from your video card if you ever heard coil whining or your mohter board. crts dont fail cause of coils.

Ill also add that the whine is an indication that the CRT is at least partially working correctly...if it doesn't whine it is broken.

SORRY ABOUT YOUR HEARING LOSS user
>fucking tard

ok i just watched a video that showed the whine. and i have never heard it except for few tvs, mostly shit in school that was banged aroundtossed around and stuff.

never heard mine doesnt
retard

This. When I'm near one the whine pierces my eardrums, and I can't stand the flicker, especially when I'm not looking directly at it.

They're blown up OP. They die relatively fast, and the best ones tend to accumulate lots of hours and not be left in storage.

You're fucking deaf or just in denial

They whine, flicker and the image is always obscured by large dark bars moving around which I assume is the way the screen works.

Why would you want something like that?

Why? There's no way in the world you'll get sharpness that compares even to low-end LCDs

Attached: 1279438986327.jpg (450x450, 32K)

CRTs are better for 4:3 media and /vr/ coolboy points.

Input lag, contrast, actual blacks

Admit it, you all miss degaussing.

crrkkzzzttPWWOOOOONNNNNNNGG

For 4:3 just get a cheap LCD from the mid 2000s. They're not hard to find and you can get one for $20.

Because these kids listened to some NTSC CRT TV when they were babies at 640x480@60, so the flyback transformer was running at about 15-16KHz (the horizontal refresh rate). Because they're stupid, moronic, and incapable of any sort of logical thought, they keep mindlessly repeating it like broken records, without ever actually thinking "shit, if the resolution (and vertical refresh rate) goes up, maybe the horizontal refresh rate might too?". As a result, their pea-brains don't comprehend that the horizontal refresh rate (and therefore, the flyback transformer) is running at about 60KHz by the time you get to 1280x1024.

But they're dumb, and this will go right over their blank little heads, and they'll go back to phoneposting lolcats on their Fakebook and Instawhore accounts.

Better color, better contrast, better response time, better build quality. Real black.

No dead pixels

Local sales sites I'd say, if your in Europe. You can get professional VGA monitors (Trinitrons, etc) for 5 yuro or just the bother of taking it away.
Depends what content you want to consume on it, anything pre-2000 is going to look better on it, be it non-remastered movies or games. Otherwise save up for a proper panel.

Attached: 1547640798202.png (432x432, 200K)

Either your ears are exceptional or you're talking about CRT TVs, not monitors

>user can hear 30khz
15khz? sure, but 30khz? what a shit liar you are

>used a magnet in 7th grade homeroom to make psychedelic colors on the TV
>that delightful buzzzzz when degaussing to make it go away
>showed some other kids how to do it, and the retards held magnets on the TV for way too long
>for the next 2 years, the morning announcements and movies had red, green, and blue splotches

I wanna say by 2013 they quit using TVs across the district, and instead ran everything via the teacher's PC connected to an overhead projector.
I worked at the school after I graduated (in 2015), and we were installing 70 inch TVs in every room because the visibility was far superior to projectors, and they required no maintenance.

I wouldn't call it piercing, but it gets annoying quite quick. Not as bad as CRT TV's though, those used to whine in a way that I could fucking hear it in another room. The reason I would never go back to a CRT monitor is how badly it used to affect my eyes

>coil/capacitor whine
It's called a "flyback transformer", sweet child.
>at resolutions above 1024x768
Which "whines" at about 50KHz at 60Hz vertical scan. Try again, zoomer.

Look up '21 inch crt monitor' on eBay. Wait for a good deal to show up. I got ViewSonic G225f for $200.

Attached: 20190116_075243.jpg (3264x1836, 1.39M)

just run a higher refresh rate dude

>ViewSonic G225f for $200.
Literary got fucked

I don't have any CRTs anymore, can't really check if that would actually help. Didn't know about this stuff back then, honestly

hahah wtf

I loved the two lines across the screen my 19" CRT had because it needed support.

i dont understand a thing

The good ones are already hoarded or sold at insane prices. You missed out, OP.

not true
comparing crt to lcd at same and similar resolutions showed me the crt looks sharper

Considering that it was thousands of dollars back in the day, and most crt's still sell for $500+ on ebay, plus $100 shipping, I'd say it was a good deal. Does higher resolutions, refresh rates, and has better colors than LCD's around $200.

15khz tubes wine at 15khz, 31khz tubes wine at 31khz. You will not hear the latter.

should have gotten a PVM for a grand