Archlinux + KDE literally windows 10 killer. proof me wrong

archlinux + KDE literally windows 10 killer. proof me wrong.

Attached: win10killer.png (1920x1080, 2.96M)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Akava-Design/Akava-Kv
linux.com/blog/top-10-best-open-source-softwares-rocks-world-wide-web
tripwiremagazine.com/20-most-popular-open-source-software-ever-2/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Those icons look horrible.

I want to use a blur theme but i want Jow Forums to match. How can i make Jow Forums x have blur?

no gaems

Touhou works fine
Touhou games are the only games you need.

Attached: reimu_a_cute.jpg (1000x1500, 197K)

What dock is that? I never got a dock to work in loonix without shitting itself.

I'm not a pedophile

about half of steam has a linux port or works with proton and even more games work with wine

Latte

Wine?

Most are buggy because drivers on Linux are ass

looks like latte dock, I'm using it and it's "okay" and works pretty nice but it can be a little unpolished at times, it also uses like 300mb of memory, but it's the best dock I've used yet.

Looks like macOS, but too much transparency desu.

only if you use a nvidiot card

>t. nvidiot

>blur everywhere
THIS IS AN ABOMINATION

>pacman -Syu
literal arch killer

Attached: 1525519286424.png (600x661, 750K)

nice meme

Disgusting, it looks like MacOS.

Wine & if you want 100% guaranteed no problems then playonlinux

Keep pretending you can't change that.

Me neither.

Attached: sample_adeec4be9cb58eaf0ce3e06a55f32677.jpg (850x1275, 846K)

Why do NPCs care so much about how their desktops look? Computers are for work, not admiration.

desktop customization is import part of tech.

Attached: term.png (1070x436, 351K)

>blur on fucking everything
That's not how it supposed to be used. That's not the point of blur. Why do every kdefag on this board have zero fucking taste?

>Use manjaro
>Need bcache tools
>The only information about it is on AUR
>pacman -Syu yay
>Sudo yay bcache-tools
>You cant install from AUR as root
>Yay bcache tools
>Are you root?
>Something something make bcache-tools
>Are you root?
>Sudo make bcache-tools
>Making shit as root can cause catastrophic damage to your system

SO MUCH FREEDOM
FUCK THIS I'LL INSTALL UBUNTU

yuck

At this point you might as well use FagOS.

>disgusting "blur as background" meme
is this windows vista era GUI? it fucking SUCKS

Attached: 1536251365967.png (540x555, 146K)

I use quantum chemistry software on computer clusters which I cannot physically access, and I am even more restricted than not having root access. You don't need root to break something. You don't need to know a lot to break something by accident or intentionally.

But seriously, if you feel changing the distro makes life easier for you, do it.

looks like fag OS

Lutris has been 1000x better to me than playonlinux ever was
I've used nvidia cards for a decade on linux, as AMD support was shit. Over the past year they've changed dramatically. I maintain windows, OS X and linux machines at a company of ~400 people. I will happily say AMD GPU (580/570 or older ones) + intel or ryzen on linux is currently the easiest and least buggy shit I've ever encountered.

How is that global menu program called

nice memory usage. anything higher than 100mb with nothing open is pure bloat

What are you using for the blur transparency?

>Limited game support.
>Gotta look up shit.
>Updates sometimes break things.
>Archfags are the single worst community for the computer-illiterate to ask for help with problems for their buggy as fuck rolling release OS.

The truth of the matter is, most people don't give a shit about privacy features or the politics of their OS. They just want things to work. Linux has come a long way in being a platform for things to work, but not everything does, and the hot garbage attitude a lot of linux distro communities have doesn't do them any favors bringing over interest from Windows.

seriously tho, what is up with your memory usage?

KDE probably uses even more resources than W10.

Just because it's blurring shit behind the window doesn't mean it's good design.
0/10

>arch
yikes

>Limited game support
Well, it has only gotten better over the years.
>Gotta look up shit
Wow, as with all other operating systems you're not used to? Remarkable observation.
>Updates sometimes break things
Not only that you don't need to update every single package or at all, you can downgrade problematic packages and have full system backups unlike on Windows 10. And surely Windows 10 updates never broke anything.

>Android Studio
>Firefox
That should account for most of it.

>1120 packages

*people start laughing*

ah, I didn't notice android studio there

Attached: Selection_002.png (215x241, 84K)

>Arch
Hahaha, are you serious?

Attached: hqdefault (2).jpg (480x360, 11K)

You are completely braindead if you think this looks as bad as that vista trash from 2009, KYS boomer.

There's also Slack. Easy minus 2-3 gb because electron is so cool amirite?

it's more meme-tier than vista ever was.

Blur on FUCKING EVERYTHING is literally the zoomer version of that vista trash.

>All these buttflustered poor cucks being jelous of modern interface
Ahahah, good job OP. They don't like it either because their shit OS doesn't have it or their hardware is from early 90s.
That being said, don't pretend it's the default UI. KDE needs a lot of tinkering and KWin-only hacks on Qt apps to achieve this. I hope GTK4's overlay blur becomes as good soon.

and? some people use their linux install to be productive as a developer/ops person at a or multiple companies as a consultant.

for me personally, I have a lot of stuff installed on my laptop for reproducing issues, software builds and compilation, infra management and multiple programming languages + misc tools that allow me to do my job properly.
> pic related

Attached: neofetch.png (653x400, 42K)

Forgot to put my trips on :^)

You are just salty your trash hardware can't afford this lmao

not everyone uses their linux computer exclusively for animu you weeb

Ignore all the faggots saying it doesnt look good - i think that looks great. Can you post your settings for how to get that blur effect?

How do you get the titlebar to be transparent blur as well??

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say its his WM-theme breezeblur

I tried but its default settings look nothing like ops

That rape my laptop battery

github.com/Akava-Design/Akava-Kv

Enterprise management?

KDE a shit. Can't even handle two monitors.

>proof me wrong
Don't need to, you already did it yourself with that screenshot.

>windows is as bad as us use us instead
What a shitty marketing strategy.

Looks nice but you can't do shit with it. Also post wallpaper

queer as fuck

*teleports behind your back*

what's with these blurry windows things lately?
It just looks out of place and stupid.
Maybe it wouldn't look that bad if it was only partially transparent or something.

The other thing that irks me it the filemanager's lack of visual separation of window frames.
Everything just floats.

Things like that doesn't just look ridiculous.
Tell me please that this scrollable pane can be scrolled by grabbing anywhere and scrolled by sliding mouse (like smartphones app).
If it's not and the only possible way is to grab this tiny slider then it's flat out shitty design.

I wonder when will people wake up and start telling all these app designers that theirs recent creations are a fucking joke.

it's not an attack at your person or your taste at all.
just objective criticism of what I see

>single click opens folder
literally retarded trash tier

You don't need to use a dock with KDE. You can use the icon only taskbar, and place it on a panel that extends dynamically.
Besides that, the only dock I've ever used that worked well was Plank.

>win10 to arch
>upgrading from unstable garbage to even less stable garbage

>It just looks out of place and stupid.
More power than taste.
I think it looks great if you
A apply it selectively and leave the important areas opaque
B also tint makingit either darker or brighter depending on the kind of theme you use.

I actually really like the translucent windows. Anything which sells minimalism is in fashion. Windows 10 could actually learn a thing or 2 from this, because I hate the way windows look in w10

Can it play Sea of Thieves?

>can't make music
>no 3rd party VSTs
>can't edit videos
>no games
>no flash player in the web browser lmao (hello niggerbuntu)
>no fucking image preview in the fucking file picker in 2019
>all software is just poorly stolen ideas from proprietary software
>all linux activity is basically browsing internet, watching anime and shitposting your shiny desktop screens

Attached: 1478262892007.jpg (480x336, 23K)

actually this, and also for webshit programming

>can't edit videos
Bullshit. KDenlive, Blender, Natron, DaVinci Resolve.
>no games
Steam, PlayOnLinux, Lutris.
>no flash player in the web browser lmao
>flash
>2019.
You're joking, right?
>no fucking image preview in the fucking file picker in 2019
Yeah you're joking and you're being deliberately dishonest. This is only an issue on Gnome, which you shouldn't be using in the first place.
>all software is just poorly stolen ideas from proprietary software
linux.com/blog/top-10-best-open-source-softwares-rocks-world-wide-web
tripwiremagazine.com/20-most-popular-open-source-software-ever-2/
Surely Microsoft alone has better alternatives to all of these. Retard.
>all linux activity is basically browsing internet, watching anime and shitposting your shiny desktop screens
And finally:
>hey guys, look at my telepathic abilities

And the visual novels?

>>can't make music
Not true
>>no 3rd party VSTs
Wow, you can't use the same VSTs all the other try hard 'music creators' use so your shit can sound just like their shit
>>can't edit videos
Literally false
>>no games
Not true but maybe reevaluate your life a little if you're playing games in 2019 and expecting something to happen with your shitty music career
>>no flash player in the web browser lmao (hello niggerbuntu)
Flash player is literally non existent besides on ancient applications no one should be using
>>no fucking image preview in the fucking file picker in 2019
Still not true
>>all software is just poorly stolen ideas from proprietary software
The reverse is true
>>all linux activity is basically browsing internet, watching anime and shitposting your shiny desktop screens
And creating the tools and environments required for literally every other operating system environment to exist

Cool dude you can reiterate the same memes everyone else does maybe your lack of originality is why your music sucks and not the lack of vsts on Linux

Thx

BreezeBlured

They always ran at fucked up speeds or with niggered text for me.

Stop applying the blur to everything, you child. It's like when kids find out what a gradient is, and start using gradients with absolutely everything everywhere.
Also, stop using KDE. It's ugly as fuck and you have shit taste. While you're at it, stop using Arch too. It's a shit distro. Use literally anything else. Arch users are fucking cancer. They are like vegans. They can never shut the fuck up about their own personal decision which no one else cares about.
And while I'm here, there's a couple other things I'll point out. That icon theme is fucking awful, especially the dark icons on the dark background, that retarded looking 'pictures' folder icon and for fuck's sake what the fuck is with that green bin? Why is the bin green? It's ugly it's wrong. Stop.
And also, why the fuck is both Firefox and Firefox nightly in your dock? Choose one. You don't need two copies of the same fucking browser.
In conclusion, you have the worst fucking taste imaginable. Stop and think about what you have done.

I hope someone will finally make a theme with blur that doesn't look like shit. How hard is it to make the important parts of a window not blur and still make it look good? Did everyone already forget about content separators or what? This pseudo flat shit looks disgusting, even 2007 windows themes looked better.

SuperTuxKart is all you need.

Where are your CAD software, audio editing software, video editing software, your Adobe creative suite, Visual Studio, Excell (the rest of MS office is less important), plus all the proprietary bussiness software companies were making since the Win2000 days and that is still in use today?

>KDE
>shit taste
seething footfag/feces-eater

How do you know if you are not using it?
I play on Linux all the time and I've never found any Linux specific bug. This is not 00s anymore, Linux has decent driver support now.

What if I think both look bad?

litetally 4 clicks in settings away

I was going to do quantum chem (well as second degree with process eng and math degrees), but I decided to do QED instead and now EE.

Except it's all a hobby for me. I'd get 2-4 maybe 5 more degrees if I went and spent a year or two since some shit they wont let you test out of.

ANYWAYS, I don't work it's all a hobby for me. Tell me more about Quantum Chem. What's your day to day look like and what kind of problems specifically are you working at?

Organic, pchem, materials science, electromagnetism+weak, thermo, statistical mechanics: I THINK I COULD DO EASY QUANTUM CHEM. tell me about it. I'm assuming no field theory and perturbations once we get above subatomic, but I'm guessing you're looking at interactions between covalent bonds, or organometallics, or simply the structure of the valence shells and how fucky quantum anything makes what used to be nice epihelions is now a mist in distorted shapes of probability distribution.

hm. maybe that'd be interesting b/c EE and QED are getting boring

And if it is looking at interactions of covalent, think the math I do will be of use as its concerned with shit like boundaries infinitesimal as related to the whole to put it simply and there's like a dozen people worldwide doing it. Shits hard yo

Oh and is it a dead end like nigger-string theory. Glad I didn't fall for that shit and have been a Penrose fanboy for a while, he's often more right than wrong and his interpretation of the wavefront collapse is the only one that doesnt go
>lolmajick
>ITS A MATH TRICK
>muh multiverse

Unless the new shit with de broglie's is right then what do you know: pilot waves.

I don't want to waste time on shit that's not real.

????

This combo does not make windows software magically get ported to linux, so no, its nothing (as always).
Looks hideous, btw.

meme game

I'm so fucking tired of the 'frost' meme.
Just because macOS did it (and did it well) doesn't necessarily mean everybody needs to jump onto this fucking bandwagon. Jesus.

Some originality, please.

H-how would one go about getting something similar on xfce... I like the frosted glass look, sue me.

dumb NEET

sorry hon, it's fedora

Attached: Screenshot_20190116_121518.png (1920x1080, 1.44M)