Open source support alternatives

>be me
>I like this open source program (mplayer)
>I would like to contribute but I am not a programmer
>the documentation in my language is incomplete
>I join the mailing list
>"Hello everyone, I want to work on the documentation of my language"
>nothing.jpeg
>I unsubscribe a couple of days later because nobody answers me

Any suggestions for a project that needs translation in Spanish?
the project must have a m$ windows version

Attached: open source support.jpg (1280x720, 131K)

>I like this open source program (mplayer)
There's your problem, try contributing to mpv.

>using anything other than english for software
brainlet retard
t. non-native english speaker

This.
Ve should force every program not meant to be for children to be english only.
1. Translations are shit. Eg. On new androids when removing shortcut from homescreen you can drop it in "remove" or "unistal". On androids for mu language both words are translated to SAME FUCKING WORD.
2. it is always fun when someone posts screenshot of program as bug report or "I am helping to solve your problem!" and program is in french or german or chink and you have no vlue what is where

Adding pikture. "Salinti" and "pasalinti" means same in this "i want to remove icon from homescreen" context.
Also it is image by luis royo

Attached: Screenshot_2019-01-16-14-15-53.png (1440x2560, 2.96M)

mpv does not officially have documentation in other languages. I have to make my own website to host my translation?

I have no problems doing that

I do not want to translate the program, only the documentation

>every program not meant to be for children
why stop there? Im for english only in all software, kids will learn that shit fast anyway and a bit of english knowledge will only be helpful later on.
fuck this hand-holding society.

I agree that part of the open source community are full of racist shit

what are you talking about Eduardo

Wel... I grew up on everything on computer/phone being english... Try playing might and magic 9 without knowing english and you start to learn some english. But still. For really small and retarded children we can give some local language

>only documentation
same shit applies. Why do you need documentation in your language? Learn english. I am lithuanian and first documentation I look at is english one.

>For really small and retarded children we can give some local language
what would they even be doing on the computer besides playing a game and watching a youtube video, still doesnt require non-english software

>youtube
no. We should ban retards of internet.
they would be watching some movie on vlc or listening to retard songs on amarok. They might need "THIS PLAYS MUSIC" explanation on play button in their local language.

Your language has less speakers than a decently sized city, of course you won't understand or expect anything to be translated

Retards. Default language for anything should be Russian or Japanese. Only Chads and big brains know those languages. English is the language of autism.

mplayer is using GNU GPL. (copyleft license) If they don't have suggestions for translation, you could just do what ever you want.

If I were you I will do it first then show the work to mailing list, IRC or just publish it.

I think people prefer commenting others work then making decision.
Maybe it would be lots of feedback(maybe mostly useless) after showing your work.

Good luck. (picture unrelated)

Attached: 擷取.png (566x329, 198K)

no on cares about language translation and you don't need anybodies permission to translate documentation for open source software.

>Only Chads and big brains know those languages
How many Japanese-speaking manlets and Russian retards do I need to post ?
>English is the language of autism.
No, German is the language of autism (latin grammar, germanic words).
English is a language for brainlets, a Norman-Aenglisc creole, and that's why it's so easy to learn, despite a few quirks. It's a efficient lingua franca.

thanks for the advice. I will start with the translation of this project, and then I will start with others that interest me.

I think the next project is going to be mpxplay, because I love DOS

>I have to make my own website to host my translation?
just host it on github, gitlab, bitbucket, sourceforge, or any other code hosting site.

>mpv does not officially have documentation in other languages
When you're done translating submit them a patch/pull request and ask them if they want to start. Even if they reject it you can still send the translation to your friends.

>Not Esperanto

Attached: 000.jpg (440x292, 80K)

sounds like spic shit, no thanks

I see you've never worked with Chinese code before.

all software on the open internet (so not china) should be in english