Why would I use linux when windows just works?

why would I use linux when windows just works?

Attached: 1533669039128.jpg (640x520, 37K)

>windows just works

Because Linux works faster and better than Windows for simple tasks and would unironically be a better desktop/laptop OS for normies who don't want/need to use a computer for anything more than web browsing such as the highly vibrant and cultured melanin enriched kang in your picture

based baitposting, look up the reason yourself.

>windows
>just works
ylyl threads belong on

>Because Linux works faster and better than Windows for simple tasks
yeah, like opening photoshop and doing photo touch-ups
am I right? lmaoo

Why would I reply to a bait thread when this is the 600th fucking one this week
Fucking neck yourself

Attached: 3ddbc9cda15e268fd2ed06098d498ad2fc17ae279e5c646c006d6a1db561b783.png (387x364, 64K)

windows has entered the meandering expansion phase. its 20 year old "New Technology" that while succeeded because it broke away from tradition, now has nowhere to grow unless it can get over itself.

what else will windows have for us to look forward to in 5, 10, 20 years? hard to get excited about a system stagnating in maintenance mode

As someone who works in IT: Microsoft dumped their Windows Q&A department and it shows, new builds break horribly.

People in Windows Insider Program mention multiple issues which do not get fixed, build gets pushed through anyway and later pulled.

I've got a recent AMD GPU, Ubuntu LTS and a couple PPAs, it's been pretty good since Valve sponsored DXVK and all other parts around it.

Only thing blocking is anticheat/sepcific DRM which is incompatible with wine, Valve is currently trying to figure it out with most of the anticheat companies from the looks of it.

Attached: valveguy.jpg (1024x768, 132K)

It's really simple, just remove anticheat. It's fucking bloat spyware cancer anyway. Anticheats are one of the most egregious invasions of privacy in software right now.

Yeah because letting cheaters run rampant is really what a developer wants their players to experience

Attached: EEDBCA70-4A13-4B76-AD6C-C1411289F181.jpg (320x213, 30K)

Yeah because having my screen shared and contents of my hard drive continuously uploaded to some sketchy servers on the other side of the planet, just so squeeling faggots can't cheat for extra magical numbers in a video game is totally worth it.

But it does just werk tho. I'd go back to linux immediately if it would be half as useful as windows.
>t. former linux network admin of a collage

clearly hasn't tried csgo/dota, both free to play.

Still has an entry high percentage, but that's to be expected.

The only excuse is being incompetent and use windows

Well, they could try making better software then. I'm seeing a lot of games using "Easy anticheat" now. Not sure how it works.

As kernel for operating systems such as Android.

Or being a boomer who don't have time to waste on fixing basic things all the time. Gotta get shit done instead

Shit post. For the casual user and accomplishing simple tasks, which that poster was referencing, there are _plenty_ of image manipulation tools on Linux, that while YES, are not better than photoshop in the professional sphere, are otherwise more than sufficient for "touching up a photo".

Cheating kills any form of multiplayer, anticheat is an absolute requirement for any multiplayer game to be viable in the long run.

It's just that certain forms of anticheat actively block emulationish software like wine, case in point: EAC, used by games such as Fortnite, Watch_Dogs 2 and Squad.

Attached: linuxflag.jpg (1000x850, 92K)

Why would you drive a car when you can ride a bike?