What are good cheap automatic watches?

what are good cheap automatic watches?

Attached: seiko-5-snk809-01-br-1024x859.jpg (1024x859, 73K)

the one you have with you

Attached: 1531960063642.jpg (671x903, 126K)

omg this hand arm is disgusting

Automatic watches are a meme, dont fall for it. I have seiko 5, in the box, stashed in drawers.
If I wanted watch to constantly stop on me I would get a smartwatch.
Just get whatever quartz watch, seiko makes plenty of them. Solars are fine too.

BUY A PHACKIN ROOOLLLEEEEEXXXX YA PHACKIN SHITTA!!!!!!!

Attached: mqdefault.jpg (320x180, 12K)

but quartz are goy tier

>putting a watch in a burrito
the fuck you're doing user

Attached: 69447cbc2.gif (500x282, 350K)

quartz just works. Casio F91W is the thinkpad of watches.

im poor

i have it already, i want something more extravagant

gold f91w

It only constantly stops on you because you keep leaving it in a box in your drawers.

Automatics are for people who actually wear their watches.

Sincerely get an autoquartz or eco-drive instead.

I got a pair of automatic Seicos and they were a lot thicker than i though, weighted twice as much as autoquartz ones and with my lifestyle I dont even move enough to keep them powered.
And if I do the charge is only for one day.

>the one you have with you
We /p/ee now?

Oh and aren't very accurate either.

No, automatics are for maniacs who will buy electronic watch winders to wind their collection over weekend.
I wear my watches but only when I leave my house. Im not going to wear watches indoors so my hand jewelery can wind.

automatics are shit, i enjoyed taking mine apart to see how they work but it is an interesting curiosity, not at all pragmatic.

>implying that paying more money for an inferior product isn't the hallmark of being goyim

The Tissot Visodate Heritage is one of the nicest

I'm not even an auto sperg but if you don't leave the house often enough to wind an automatic watch, holy shit

It's too big, if it was 20% smaller I would be all over it

get a casio calculator or world time digi.

Orient bambino v2

Attached: bambino.jpg (736x981, 90K)

t. wagecuck

a Cheap chinese one for

disgusting painted blue hands, disgusting date window, disgusting logo, should be arabic numbers, painted on the dial

otherwise not bad, I give it a 6/10

This.
Unless you wear your watch 8 hours a day or you pay thousands of dollars for an 8 day power reserve don't even bother, get a quartz it'll keep better time and you only have to change the battery occasionally.

They even sell these watch winder boxes now for your "automatic self winding" watch

Attached: BD79AEFF-EF0A-4EC5-BD97-B8156ED4CCBF.jpg (337x500, 22K)

They sell those things for weirdos who have 50 watches, also why would you even bother buying a watch if you're not going to wear it during the day?

How about Seiko's cocktail time series? Check those out.

sna411

Attached: IMG_20190116_095455209.jpg (4032x3024, 2.59M)

lol poorfag alert, some of us like to collect watches and cycle them.

Also too thick. I have a Goldfeather for those kinds of situations. Seiko doesn't make normal size watches anymore aside from a few Grand Seikos and the Dolce.
>go buy a seiko solar
>not a poorfag
Pick one.

Im sure you are not you fucking idiot. Your meme watch will stop if you decide to spend weekend at home.

50 hour power reserve, The last time I spent more than a day housebound I was deathly ill. Also if it stops all you have to do is twist a knob for 20 seconds.

You sound like you weigh 400 pounds and have a motorized wheelchair.

I've got this one with cream dial, it's OK.

Attached: ORIENT_DEFENDER_NATO21.jpg (1024x683, 240K)

Weekend has 48 hours, if you put down your watch friday evening and pick it up monday morning, its dead. Besides winding you also need to set the time. I dont fall ve 2 shits about your hand jewelery fetishism but stop trying to rationalize it. Also, my watch has 3 years reserve.

>if you put down your watch friday evening and pick it up monday morning, its dead
What part of "housebound more than a day" do you not understand?
>Besides winding you also need to set the time.
It's a mechanical watch, you need to set the time anyway. That should be your reason for not wanting a mechanical watch, not "what if I'm a 400 pound hamplanet who never moves"
>Also, my watch has 3 years reserve.
That's called a battery, and that's a shit battery which means it's a shit movement. A decent quartz like an 8F32 has 8-10 years battery life and you only ever touch the knob when that happens because the second hand stays within 10 seconds per year.

I opted for a quartz back in 2014 and while it has gained quite a few scratches and now has a magnetic milanese strap, it still gets the job done (pic is from 2014).
If I had to choose an automatic, I'd probably go with that Seiko 5 in the OP. I just like the way Seikos look.

Attached: SEIKO SGEG91 12-29-14 DEUX.jpg (3968x2976, 2.58M)

>What part of "housebound more than a day" do you not understand?
What part of "not everyone needs to go out every day to function" you dont understand?
In fact I essentially dont need to go out at all since my job allows me to work from home.
Again, stop trying to rationalize hand jewelery. You prefer it because you want jewelery, not because its a better watch.

>It's a mechanical watch, you need to set the time anyway
>let me buy watch so shit that you have to constantly adjust it because its less accurate than $5 chinkshit
Amazing

>That's called a battery, and that's a shit battery which means it's a shit movement. A decent quartz like an 8F32 has 8-10 years battery life and you only ever touch the knob when that happens because the second hand stays within 10 seconds per year.
And no matter what shit movement my watch has, its still more accurate than any automatic watch. Also I made those 3 years up, I havent replaced battery yet and have no idea what movement it has. I also dont really give a fuck because I have more interesting things to do than obsessing over jewelery.

>in fact I essentially dont need to go out at all since my job allows me to work from home.
The picture is becoming clearer. Humans are social animals. Whether you've figured this out by now or not, people who work from home need to go outside sometimes to maintain a grasp on reality. If you spend this much time cooped up inside you develop bizarre opinions and get angry over irrelevant shit like "what if I have to shake my watch after not touching it for 50 hours"

>>let me buy watch so shit that you have to constantly adjust it because its less accurate than $5 chinkshit
This is a much better argument than your first one; the fact that you couldn't even figure this out on your own tells me you've been fucking off in front of a computer screen for too long.

>I also dont really give a fuck because I have more interesting things to do than obsessing over jewelery.
And yet you've been at it for 3 hours now. Maybe you should wear a watch indoors after all, hmm?

>And yet you've been at it for 3 hours now
You are bringing this up like it doesnt apply to you.

Im done responding to you. I had auromatic watch, it was shit. Now I use what is functional.
Keep impressing your fellow college children with your shiny hand toy.

>You are bringing this up like it doesnt apply to you.
I'm not the one claiming I have super duper important things to do like arguing about the knobs on my wristwatch though. In fact I completed 2 data migrations and had a conference call while you were here having a stroke over your watch. Lrn2 multitask famalamadingdong.
>Im done responding to you.
Translation: "OMG I look like a huge faggot now, I'd get all huffy and act like I didn't willingly participate in this conversation until I stopped looking like a cool guy"

wtf

It's a shame, you should try on the sbgh255, they look amazing but it feels like you're wearing a kettlebell. Imagine what the steel ones are like.

Attached: Grand-Seiko-Hi-Beat-Professional-600m-divers-SBGH255-sei.jpg (1200x801, 170K)

What's the long term durability of a $100 gold plated watch?

>I completed 2 data migrations and had a conference call while you were here having a stroke over your watch. Lrn2 multitask famalamadingdong.
>famalamadingdong

the only migration you're doing is to a different lunch table

that one looks great

Poorfags in here that can't afford a Rolly LMAO. Get a Submariner, fags.

My Seiko 5 loses 30 seconds a day and it's 3 minutes off after a week.
I just set it 5 minutes ahead so I don't have to adjust it for another 2 weeks.

>there are people on this board that think wearing a watch at home is weird

Attached: autistic.png (750x744, 526K)

I thought you were done responding though
Probably just lounges on a mattress in a mumu, like Jabba the Hutt

Watches are literally jewelry, yet all they do is impress other men unless it's some entry level pleb brand like rolex.

>unless
Men aren't impressed by shitters either, user.

You shouldn't NOT have a watch, but for respectability you should buy something that nobody is going to notice. Baume & Mercier or something along those lines.

about three fiddy

Why buy a suit if you're not going to wear it everyday?
Watches are just part of male formal attire

Attached: E4974D8B-9D9D-4B24-9CFC-6301CA8390A6.jpg (768x936, 213K)

>Unless you wear your watch 8 hours a day
So by your logic you put on suits, I guess to make your weird spergy fast food videos, and then take it off and get back into your piss stained sweatpants?

Never owned sweatpants.
I own manual labor attire and business suits.

Everything else is for plebs.

I cannot understand what you are saying.
Please try to at least make your posts comprehensible.

>Unless you wear your watch 8 hours a day or you pay thousands of dollars for an 8 day power reserve don't even bother
I even sleep with my watches on and only take off in shower.
But to keep Seiko 5 running you need to fucking run around with them or something.
They require you to move a lot.

Autoquartz by a contrast require barely any motion at all and have power reserve for two or three months.

>Why buy a suit if you're not going to wear it everyday?
I dont have a suit.
>Watches are just part of male formal attire
Watches are a convenience tool

Most people who wear watches as a fashion accessory don't even set the time, they're just jewelry.

Seiko 5s are garbage though, I'm pretty sure the rotor is made of plastic.

I kinda like knowing what time it is when I wake up at night without my smartphone blinding me.

Automatic warches were dead and were revived as fashion acessory. There's no point in buying a cheap shitter under 2000 burgers. It's meant to be a nice piece of horology that you do wear daily. Absolute dogshit to tell the time.
Quartz is for wagies that need to be on time because shekelberg requires it. Perfect to tell the time.

what watch is that?

SGEG 91
Doesn't seem to be in stock anywhere I can find though, but I am able to find the SGEG 95, which is basically teh same thing but with no red seconds hand, silver instead of black, and no numbers around the face.

Seiko is probably the best bang for your buck as price goes. I got a 70s omega seamaster that looks great and works well after basic maintenance, but I don't recommend it. It's too much of a gamble if you don't want to pay thousands for it, I just got lucky in a flea market

What's the optimal male watch size and why is it 38mm?

Anything larger and it looks like a fucking dinner plate strapped to your arm.

36-38 depending on the dial, case, etc.

42mm is ok if it's a chrono or a diver

I would consider Seiko 5s the best in their price range. If you're willing to spend more, the Presage line is just stunning.
Really consider other options though. Citizen's EcoDrive watches are great too - Quartz with batteries that recharge with the sun.

citizens under $100 look like walmart watches
you might as well buy a $10 walmart watch

Imagine buying a watch that loses a minute a day in 2019 LMAO

My orient was like that. Utter shit.

My rolex and my seiko are both within about 5 SPD.

I plan on passing down my watches to my children.

I think it's cool to have something that will be functional 50 or 100 years from now.

Attached: sr.jpg (1901x1068, 1.22M)

I don't plan on having children that survive to adulthood

If I accidentally knock someone up I'll either pressure her into an abortion or I'll drown them before they're old enough to walk

Well, if you're doing that make sure you have a solid, well design water and shock proof watch.

I highly recommend the Rolex Explorer I 114270. The swiss really outdid themselves with it.

what does Jow Forums think of tayroc