Why do people have a tendency to fix things that are not broken?

Why do people have a tendency to fix things that are not broken?

Attached: Slack-Logo-old-new-796x417.jpg (796x417, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MmkHAlhCvWg
hackertyper.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Idiots who feel entitled

Job security.

from a pound sign to a new trendy swastika. slack sure is cool.

Everything must be flat. Depth is very problematic, even if it's just simple transparency.

Oh God what is this garbage. It was so unique before now it looks like any other health insurance logo

uh oh

Attached: 1547672377673.jpg (796x417, 37K)

autism

Attached: 8fa.jpg (183x232, 13K)

Because innovation often happens accidentally and routine makes you blind to optimization.

New logo is a more unique silhouette and simpler palette makes it more flexible.

It's really like I'm in my #tech chat

>Ob's sturmt oder schneit,
>Ob die Sonne uns lacht,

Here I'll tell you. Imagine you're a developer (or any other non-managerial role). If you're not doing any work, even if there is no work to be doing, you're thought to be lazy and a bad worker. Management is often ineffectual so they don't always provide the work that needs to bedone, so the developers find and create work to do. Changing icons is an example of creating work to keep your job. Looking busy to appear is if you're always actually busy.

this. they're simply trying to justify their paycheck. just like gilette

So they don't have to think about fixing real problems, which is harder and more stressful than just re-doing stuff that worked out fine before.

I prefer this colorscheme

Attached: kike.png (797x417, 148K)

You think developers design logo's?

It's the managers who will hold weekly meetings and dinners with external designers to come up with a new logo.

to justify their continued employment

So, sick of , flat boring ass logos, I want the 3d ones back like it used to be.

Feeling of progression afforded by a low effort. Makes people look and feel more productive.

this, if you're in charge of something you at least decide when it's time for a new logo.
Jow Forums should know this of all places.

you mean so unique that its like the discord design just bright?

based

Attached: 1547365688117.png (1056x762, 274K)

how would you keep all these geniuses busy otherwise?

You don't know anything about graphic design.

I do, and here's my basic prognosis about what was done here
1. Translucency is remarkably more hard to communicate when it isn't just a 2D depiction.
How would you make this into a sign? Make like 15 different uniquely colored pieces that all piece together?
2. Arguably the only unique thing about the logo was the color.
Remove that, and it's just a hashtag.
Here it actually has some kind of distinction if you take away the color and make it black and white. Which if you're actually performing test cases to make sure it works on a variety of products, that would be the first thing to point out

As far as the end product, I'm not even sure what the original was supposed to communicate, but it seems to make more sense. They're speech bubbles, and there's multiple of them to imply that they're numerous.

Graphic design doesn't mean "Making it look prettier"
It became one the same with every other flat design in existence, but it isn't just being trendy for the sake of it. Flat design happens to make a lot of sense in the context of being a ubiquitous symbol that you can put on everything.

>why is 4 solid colors better than 12
Gee

I HATE the new logo. They completely ruined the experience of using this service for me. It's literally cancer in an icon. The old one was perfect - simple, with distinct branding, and actually related to the product (it's both a callback to the irc era #, but different because it's tilted slightly and colored, representing evolution and iteration).

The new one is garbage, looks like a dyslexic person tried to draw the MSNBC logo. Absolute cuckoldry.

Wow what kind of idiot would have approved such a shitty logo when there was nothing wrong with the old one?

job justification mainly
im sure literally millions was spent on the design, testing, redesign, focus grouping, redesign, scrapping, design and redesign ad nauseum.
>t.graphic designer

>he even knows what slack is let alone cares
faggot

Attached: apuspank.jpg (920x730, 56K)

so faggots like this can feel smart wasting time on shit that barely matters because when a company gets big enough the ROI drops dramatically and they fail to see it and invest in trivial shit in an endless cycle until you have people reinventing logos, which while they might be mildly better, are largely pointless in the long run as long as the old logo wasn't utter dogshit(Though even then idk how much I would bother making the thing look good as long as it is recognizable and relatively unique enough that people can associate it with your brand).

Why do companies use proprietary third party chat systems to discuss company secrets when they could self-host a Mattermost server instead?

they need to justify their $500k salaries
why the fuck do you think facebook rewrites everything?

>t. antisocial codemonkey
Leave marketing to your betters ok hun?

Is that cum droplet?

Reminds me of swastika i know i'm not the only one

also reminds me of hungry hungry hippos

best retort was to go straight to baseless ad-hom kek. Marketing is what kills so many companies in the long run. Brainlets invade through marketing, get to much power, then pull a Gillette/Diablo 4.

What happened with Diablo 4?

Meant this: youtube.com/watch?v=MmkHAlhCvWg

Old thing good
New thing bad

>to much power
>to
>calls marketers brainlets
LMAO

Yeah, same as HR, idiots with too much power that self destruct the company over time long term.

It's ok codemonkey, if you just keep doing your time you'll surely be noticed by CEO senpai who makes 300x your salary.

Literally calling out typos rather than addressing that point. Modern Jow Forums everyone.

Doesn't matter, the brand is already established, so any change will be perceived negatively because change sucks
I primarily hate the new default avatars

kek, you make a lot of assumptions brainlet.

>accepts mediocrity
the millennial plague everyone

You seem bitter user. Are you a failed code monkey perhaps? Or maybe you're a disgruntled coder LARPing as a useless advertising stiff.

fuck off boomer

>giving jews more attention
>using botnet shit
wew

>user makes typo
>accepts mediocrity
>Still ignoring the rest of the comment
...you seem like a remarkably autistic brainlet. And you still never refuted their point. Also interesting to see you assume user is a millennial. Are you projecting?

Attached: 2019-01-16 20 51 51 Projecting.jpg (490x333, 34K)

Did you read their blog post? The colors clashed with everything!

>graphic design
lel

It's very unlikely you will get a promotion by being a good maintainer or bug fixer at a major tech company. That's why they are constantly making new things even when they aren't warranted their job feedback depends on it.

No speech bubbles in Slack. You are confusing it with your macfag apps.

>kinda like plaid avatars
>get used to what everyone at work's plaid looks like
>suddenly change them all

Attached: 1512432725801.jpg (580x616, 74K)

can't they just sit at their computers, browse to hackertyper and press keys at random?

hackertyper.com/

The new one looks like some generic piece of shit that you'd see in a government-run social services building.
It's gay, souless, and most of all forgettable.

Attached: BIG_BUU.png (173x161, 59K)

>gay, souless
you don't have to repeat yourself user

Tougou Mimori is my wife.

BASED DESIGNERS

Attached: ssch0r7dsjh11.png (960x348, 45K)

>sans serif
I didn't like it when Apple got rid of serifs, but I get it for tech.

Why would a LITERARY INSTITUTION do this?

>library library

Unironically what happens is womyn come into the company in positions that can make these retarded decisions

Why does it look like a swastar?

New logo needs way less pixels, you can draw it on a 4x4 grid and it will still be recognized.

>Remove that, and it's just a hashtag.
>hashtag
Its a pound sign you braindead social media zombie

you say that as if it's somehow significant

poundmetoo

Attached: 1505876746076.jpg (609x586, 77K)

I'm not sure but it definitely has something to do with the jews, sjws and glow in the darks

Attached: ConspiringHands.jpg (353x251, 50K)

As a company, you wish your logo be in as many places as possible. The smaller you can get, the more places you can place your logo to.

The government contracts to the lowest bidder of course they're going to get bad design.

>what is improvement

IPO monies

I thought you niggers would have liked the new logo, it's almost a swastika

the new one is objectively shit.

Both are shit, imo, but the older one at least was recognisable shit.
The new one is just a bunch of blobs in web 2.0 colours. Boring.

lowest bidder being 10x more expensive than top tier private sector contracts

>he does not do his dream job
kys

Nah. It looks like generally nothing.

Nah

PROGRESS

Ah yes, the ryzen 1488 chip

lol, someone post this to ADL and get slack banned

Flat design is boring and fugly. "Graphic design doesn't mean 'Making it look prettier'" it does if you want people to like your designs. Utilitarian tards are the reason why shit tier architecture like brutalism exists.

Art deco > Brutalism >>>>>>> Literally everything else

It looks like swastika now.

>sign

Literally place two translucent glass pieces on top of the other two, SO DIFFICULT.

>commie blocks are well designed
Really brightens up an area when the factories blend in with homes and schools

Industrial is kino, everything should be industrial.

>Let's design a new logo, just for the hell of it!
>卐
>Yep, that represents our brand perfectly. Here's another 2 years of guaranteed employment before we redesign it again.

>How would you make this into a sign?
Printing it.

>Remove that, and it's just a hashtag
Remove color from the Google logo and it's just a G.

>As far as the end product, I'm not even sure what the original was supposed to communicate
It is a pound sign (not a hashtag, you faggot.) Meant to evoke the thought of IRC chatrooms. IRC is a commonly used older method of chat, where the title of each room (and indeed the group rooms in Slack) are preceded by # symbols.

>They're speech bubbles
I do not get that impression at all, because they're all oriented randomly. And slack doesn't even wrap messages in chat bubbles. Hence making it more analogous to the thing called IRC I mentioned earlier.

I'm not even a graphic designer and I already put more thought into it than you did.

>How would you make this into a sign? Make like 15 different uniquely colored pieces that all piece together?
Can you count? The old logo can be made by cutting out 8 pieces (4 for the bars 4 for the overlap sections)

The new logo also has 8 pieces. This redesign saved absolutely no piece count.

Duckduckgo acquisition confirmed

Attached: DxEuHrlU0AA91wX.png (1297x1000, 106K)

Depends on the architect. If it's just a cube to reduce building costs then I agree that it's trash but there is some really spacey looking retro-futuristic brutalist architecture going on in the ex-USSR and ex-Yugoslavia countries which works precisely because it doesn't fit in with the surroundings.

Old bad, new good !

Attached: 1542214283548.jpg (255x191, 16K)

Attached: slack.png (796x417, 111K)

Because their job depends on it

Attached: 1262633576155.gif (600x340, 102K)

It's better than your modernist eye cancer garbage.