How small is PC market?

ive read some stuff over the years and it seems like its shrinking. I know "pc gaming" is growing but that's only really from pubg and fortnite in last 2years fairly sure 2years ago PC gaming was as small as it has ever been since maybe late 80s.

fairly sure PC market 5years ago was 10times larger and 15years ago was 100times larger and 25years ago was 1000times larger.

like who the fuck owns a PC now out of all my friends I literally know no one the only people I know who care about them are video editors that live in California and Quebec where most of that stuff happens. sure gamers exist and they seem to be spending more money on games on PC and bunch of kids have got pc recently for battle royal but fairly sure PC is actually a completely dead scene even the Graphic designers I know have started to switch to using tablets for every thing or even syncing tablets with Wacom or otherwise use 8year old macbooks that they wont replace or when they do replace will be this years new MacBook with a apple chip.

We shill PC hardware so much here but I think its a super dead market now. fairly sure the only reason PC sales still look decent is more 3rd world places are building call centers and offices so they buying a bunch of dogshit cheap dells and shit in huge margins.

what is a computer?

Attached: i_s05_zcooler_innovated_t( 8db 125tdp.jpg (308x226, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

idc.com/getdoc.jsp?containerId=prUS44118818
youtube.com/watch?v=sw4zLMlJldM
steamcharts.com/
store.steampowered.com/stats/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Its growing, just at a break neck pase anymore since the market has more or less hit a point of consumer saturation globally.
Most of the doom and gloom articles from a few years back were just riding on the hype of cell phones and were making click bate articles.

Home desktop PCs are on the brink of dying. The next console generation will be able to do 4k/60fps and will push it even further over the edge.

Even Apple could kill the laptop market right now if they allowed macOS on their iPads + added mouse support.

and like if you don't believe me in 1998 gabe said in a podcast that 1million people where online each night in half life.

and that's in 1998 fuckloads more people have good internet now and poor people all over the place have more capable hardware yet I bet you all the FPS games combined on PC there isn't 1mil online a night today.

idknow man I think all them "its growing" articles are bullshit like is a company buying 10,000 pcs for their offices every 3years really the market "growing" I think its hard to find real stats.

Labtops and tablets suck
they won't "take over" until they are better than desktops which will be never ever

Stop going to trash click bate sites you mong, get your news from the people who actually do the research.
idc.com/getdoc.jsp?containerId=prUS44118818

ya I agree they are shit teir and macbooks look like they will get even worse soon when they dump intel for apples custom chip which will "appear" fast for select tasks but be slow as shit for general use and basically a scam.

like I don't want to debate if PC is good or not obviously its the most keno thing ever but I am fairly sure its about to completely die. people point to steam and shit but fairly sure steam gets all their money from wales just wasting money thinking "owning every thing" is cool im not sure that many people actually make big investments on steam.

every one says PC will always be good for content creation but the only people who make decent content on PCs work for companies that buy their hardware for them every one is is just cunts making youtube and shitty photoshop. that meme will die out because 99% of that content is terrible.

and honestly with cloud processing I could see content creation moving to tablets. video editing is apparently easier with a touchpad on a laptop or some thing for some weird reason. and a mouse is shit for all other content creation beside 3D but like fuck all people in the world do 3Dwork

I feel PCs are going to turn into just Drawing boards for arcitects and engineers and then us neets fucking around on them and there really will be no one left. sure sales might seem decent but fairly sure like 98% of such sales figures are just bullshit computers brought for email and word in offices and the people that use them just use their phone or tablet or old as fuck laptop at home.

that doesn't define what is for personal use
just because 1.5 shitty computers exist for every employee at a company and are updated excessively doesn't mean PC is still relevant. such people might not even use the OS at all and just google docs.

Go home heat-sink. You are drunk.

literally all of them sales are just billions of 100$ office PCs you retard.

>and like if you don't believe me in 1998 gabe said in a podcast that 1million people where online each night in half life.
I played FPS games in the 90s and there where nowhere near that amount according to the server browser
There's more people playing multiplayer PC games now

well he said it on this podcast he said 1mil concurrent players playing half life online games at US nighttime
youtube.com/watch?v=sw4zLMlJldM

you probably just live in some isolated part of the world so you didn't see all the servers.

windows2020 is removing .exe support that will be the final thing that kills PCs

in 5years time every one that uses a PC like we have for the last 25years will be like how we think of Linux users now as weirdos

Because you could only play a handful of games back then.

>guy lives in poor as shit area of the world but is rich in the 90s and has amazing pc and internet sees no one playing now his 3rd world country has 150 people with crummy PCs but they can play dota and cs and shit now so they playing online. PC GAMING IS GROWING.

wake up dude the rest of the world has given up on it you just live in India or some shit. so their is a bunch of guys with 250$ pcs now mr sultan

but its less than this and 80% of steam users are Chinese who only got computers in last 10years so are reliving the 90s/2000s life we had. steamcharts.com/

I live in the first world, and you can see every server in the HL server browser although I'm not in the US timezone so that might make a difference
1 million people played pubg today, 1 million played dota and cs
there's no figures for fortnite and blizzard games

you don't live in EU or US so ya opinion is irrelevant man

wow subs leaked 2months ago it was only 1.3mil and dropping. and that's not active players prob only 1/5th of that is logged in at any given time.

fortnite has 200mil accounts but only had 3mil active players in its peak its prob 1mil active at any given time atm.

I do

fortnight is huge. Pubg has 1 million players at its peak right now and fortnight eclipses pubg

gabe said 1mil at the same time 1mil people don't play cs or dota or pubg at the same time not even combined. and this is all ignoring its fuckloads easier to get online today as it was in 1999 a higher % of people play online today but imo there is a smaller % of total pc gamers

peak players on steamcharts is all time not right now. pubg 1mil peak was in 2017

store.steampowered.com/stats/
observe the "peak today" column

Computers are popular in Asia. Same with PC gaming.

oh right im dumb.. still prob 100% of pc gamers play online today while only 2% would have in 1999

total number of PC gamers are less imo. people always link PC sales but that doesn't reflect amount of people buying actual computers for personal use or who maintains them. imo the best metric we have for that is increasing price of GPU and CPU. the market is smaller that's why that shit is more expensive now.

the 2080ti equivalent in 2001 was 1/5th of the price the GeForce 3 500ti.

kinda disagree desu I live in asia and there is fuck all servers here. lots play pubg and weird mmos and Korean games but the majority are basically retro gamers and playing stuff like Ys and shit that is basically 20year old games. its not as mainstream as you think there is just a fuckload of us so if a small amount do some thing it seems massive. 3DS and PSP/vita is more popular here than PC. Switch is too expensive but we have Nvidia shield with some switch games and once switch is cheaper that will be big here.

no one fucking understands china or south east asia and people don't realize that in india and many parts of south east asia its literally impossible to play modern games because if you buy a 300$ gpu it will die from humidity

prices of CPUs and GPUs are subject to so many other factors though
the best metric would be to look at the revenue from the game industry on different platforms If you're interested in how many people are gaming on PCs

also not reliable because of whales spending fuckloads and padding the stats. PC gamers are older and their are fuckloads of wealthy ones that do stupid shit just look at twitch donations for instance. weird arab kids and germen engineers spend 5000$ on skins and fuck up the stats.

"whales" are mostly a mobile gaming phenomenon
interestingly console and PC seems to have stayed the same over the past decade

Attached: Global_Games_Market_2012-2021_per_Segment-1.png (4000x2250, 137K)

and this doesn't include twitch donations obviously, this is just game/in-game sales

>the next console gen will do 4k 60fps
just lol

3.1% increase in the 10years loot boxes have become big.

if you think PC players don't whale you are wrong EFT is a early access game that costs 144usd these numbers also include the quarter of a billion from starcitizen and a 100 bullshit kickstarters.

its going down broski. the probably with this debate is people get emotionally defensive and think PC dieing means im saying don't play on PC obviously do its best obv but its going to die and become like Linux in a handful of years. if PS5 supports mouse and keyboard for every thing imo PC gaming will be dead like 2-3years after that.

just like invest in hardware now but don't spend much for the next 5-7years to find out if the industry will still exist imo is best strat.

>these numbers also include the quarter of a billion from starcitizen and a 100 bullshit kickstarters.
not sure about that but leaning towards 'no' as the sales are further broken down into browser/boxed/downloaded games which doesn't imply the inclusion of kickstarters or games yet-to-be
for someone who claims to be speaking objectively you're making some pretty emotional arguments
I'm also interested in the state of the PC market but if I want more detailed data from this site I have to pay 6000 euros
PC gamers whale, but this is the most accurate data we can get
Also for a micro-transaction game like LoL, for every whale there's a bunch of people playing for free and making no contribution to the revenue at all

Attached: Global_Games_Market_2018.png (4000x2250, 180K)

the best way to gauge PC market would be to get hold of windows10 botnet metrics from crash reports and stuff. Microsoft would know the number of people on like hardware that could play games in the last 3/6/9/12 year old games. I doubt many people have like 300$ gpus that they don't use much but maybe some so that would muddy it more. you might be able to get a Microsoft dev account and access some of that data some how. but its quite valuable so they might not be totally transparent with it.

nvidia said like at CES 70% or was it 30%? I think of their costumers are on 970 level hardware. but that might be bullshit desu and their classification of costumers might be very vague.

Depends on what you mean by "PC". I think that x86 is dying but this will just lead to better alternatives being available to the masses. Desktop computers aren't going anywhere. They also won't be getting more expensive as many have speculated. RISC chips are easier and cheaper, so that will translate into cheaper devices. The power savings of something like ARM really makes it ideal for laptops.

Attached: 1539278923786.jpg (1294x478, 69K)

not everyone uses windows 10
or buys new hardware

arent modern x86 chips just risc + translator?

>mobile
>games

Pick only one.

>pc gaming is dying

Playstation and xbox are just x86 pc's with custom software at this point and AMD provides the hardware for both. Nvidia stock has gone up more than 1000% in the last 5 years from this dying PC market you are talking about.

Attached: retard.jpg (808x630, 45K)

100% of that is bitcoin you retard

this guy mines