Intermediate programmer here. How do I become master programmer?

Intermediate programmer here. How do I become master programmer?

Attached: d7c0ca3b6092e5a064c2666bdce4bbbe.jpg (355x500, 33K)

Practise

Install gentoo.

More specific please. Practice what? Study what? I'm well familiar with many advanced concepts, but obviously not with every single one and not in depth. I guess my real weakness is the network stack.

Not a challenge. Next

practice? write more, read more and more importantly think more, the last 10% takes a lifetime

If you don't know what to practise how you can even call yourself an "intermediate programmer"?
pick a hard problem in your field and work on it

Well after 15 years of daily programming and studying CS I sure as hell ain't gonna call myself an amateur programmer. But I get your point. Gonna pick some AI topics I guess and go from there.

Really I was hoping for some decent high level ideas ITT.

you can be an expert programmer in 5 years if you actually apply yourself
nobody is going to tell you what the decent, hard problems are because they're not immediately obvious, they're hidden away in places where only experts can understand them

>you can be an expert programmer in 5 years

Attached: b8867cff05e2214d.jpg (400x276, 21K)

programming

>Practise
Practice, retard.

okay maybe 10 years

practise = verb
practice = noun

Attached: IMG_3605-1024x768.jpg (1024x768, 80K)

So you got the hang of CS/Software Engineering?

Why don't you spend some time cross training in another field? For example, Computational ?

Make your way towards advanced applications of computers. IEEE suggests that future effort be put into Humanitarian efforts. So why don't you do some research and find something interesting that has not been done yet and is applicable to humanity as a whole. Study the fundamental mathematics behind the subject, and then design and develop some new solution to an old problem of your choosing. Document your design and development and publish a paper on it. Or convince some Venture Capitalists to make it rain.

"The more you know, the more you don't know" - Aristotle

I've always had a thing for astronomy, but I'm not sure what kind of project I can do that hasn't been done before. Good suggestion though.

retard alert

>asking Jow Forums how to become a master
There was just a thread up for like 3 days which asked how to print 1...100 with a for loop. Over 200 replies.

>can Jow Forums FizzBuzz?

LMAO

Off topic but I love Allo Allo

Learn lower level languages than what you already know.

retarded burger mutt detected

Attached: idiot.png (717x421, 35K)

no you're a retard because you care
only the most pathetic manlets can feel superior for spelling a word differently

>more discussion about the spelling of a word than the actual topic

>Well after 15 years of daily programming and studying CS I sure as hell ain't gonna call myself an amateur programmer.
I've known programmers with that much experience who are absolutely shit at programming. I have 8 years experience, but I don't think I'm good enough, and only claim 5 years. Started when I was 9 or 10, but I'd never say that to anyone, because then I'd be expected to be some sort of god. I'm probably advanced, or at least higher-int, comparing myself to coworkers, and friends. There only way to get better has been /threaded with the first post.

What do you want to create?
Master programming is solving the toughest issues, creating the most helpful and interesting things.
Create a goal and/or endpoint
Study the related materials
Create the best product you can and attempt to convince others that it is superior

Just try to be legitimately better than everyone else

LSD-25

>Just try to be legitimately better than everyone else
nobody actually gets good by doing this
you get good by having a reason to program
not just "I want to be good"

is that from Alo Alo ?

10yoe FANG-fag here. My tips would be:

>Learn different languages, like Haskell, Prolog or GLSL
It helps a lot more in fleshing out what programming is or can be, than rewriting the same type of code in the same Java/C#/Python/VB.NET way over and over.

>Solve leetcode problems without trial and error
One of the most common intermediate mistakes is to not carefully consider your invariants. If you ever work on a problem and find yourself adding a +1 to see if it works, you're making this mistake.

>Have someone review your code
You never know what kind of stupid mistakes you're making if you don't get any feedback. You can also do this in single player mode by implementing something you believe you understand, like regex, threading or a shell, and seeing if it works the way you expected.

yes, but it was in colour

Most programming is fairly easy once you learn the fundamentals. If you want to become a well known programmer and you’re a woman, black or other minority you can get sent to conferences for free. Whatever basic talk you do will be lauded as if you are a genius and you’ll be working for a big tech company as an evangelist in no time. If you have the misfortune to be a white male I recommend becoming trans.

by programming programms

Attached: WARDROBE09.jpg (1285x825, 323K)

The fact that you state both that you're an "intermediate programmer," yet you want to become a "master," means you're a novice with little to no real-world experience. If you had experience in the real world, you would know where to go and what to do.

Attached: well_then.png (196x197, 34K)

Consider looking at your old beginner-amateur programs, if available, and then rewriting them with improved style + design and/or expanded functionality.

>asking for suggestions at high level is wrong
Pic related, you

Attached: 1547227985228.png (208x326, 40K)

I don't really get the question, I'd assume anyone intermediate at programming would just do what they want / are interested in
That will automagically make you better at those techniques.

If by "intermediate programmer" you mean "advanced codemonkey", I recommend you learn some stuff on algorithms, data structures, etc

do contest problems

Find your weaknesses and improve them. Practice methodologies you know little about.

Allo Allo is amazing.

not the guy you're responding to, but holy shit you need to fucking kill yourself if your life has degenerated into making a fool out of yourself on an anonymous image board and being such a dipshit to realize when you're wrong and shut the fuck up.

seriously, look at your shit life and kill yourself