Hack brief: an astonishing 773 million records exposed in monster breach

>around 140 million email accounts and over 10 million unique passwords in Collection #1 are new to Hunt’s database, meaning they’re not just duplicates from prior megabreaches.
wired.com/story/collection-one-breach-email-accounts-passwords/

Why is compsec so shit bros?

Attached: Untitled-2.jpg (600x600, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

haveibeenpwned.com
haveibeenpwned.com/Passwords.
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Did anyone grab the list when the MEGA was still up?

just check on haveibeenpwned.com
if you actually want the passwords, then idk ask your hacker buddies

>I was hit
probably some shit forums I used to download a file/view a link 5+ years ago. I don't reuse passwords so I should be good, but I wish I could confirm this.

You can check if a password you used was in the breach by entering it at haveibeenpwned.com/Passwords. It's the same guy behind it, but you can Google it yourself and confirm that if you're wary of entering your password to a site

Fuck off Troy. Either give us the link to the dump or piss off and make more pluralsight videos

Any links? I tried searching on all the skiddie sites like nulled, hf, and raidforums cause it said "famous hacking forum"

What is the point of just leaving an email and pastebin to 3000 links and say your email is in one of these but we won't let you know which one. They better release that, or it's just pointless and making me anxious

I'm not entering any of my passwords anywhere but the place they're supposed to go, nigger
even if I wasn't paranoid about it, testing all of them would suck

Huh.

Attached: welp.jpg (1096x823, 143K)

These come up all the time but i cant ever find them
Is there a place for getting these (for free)?

Fuck not again

>Get an email about this
>No way to fucking find out which site it was so I can change the password
Thanks, I guess.

If the site got pwned this hard you're probably better off never using it again.

No doubt, but I would sleep better knowing it was changed anyway.

>reusing passwords
>2019

shiggy diggy donut

What, are you surprised a bottom of the barrel Chinese site has either shitty security or sells your shit?

I've just been checking a bunch of accounts and it's pretty illuminating.
I have my own mail server and creating aliases only takes a few seconds so most of the addresses I use to sign up on sites are unique. Whenever I start getting spam or shit like this happens I always know exactly who is to blame.
For those of you who go to /csg/ basically every chinese e-tailer you can think of is coming up on this thing.

I did get an email but that doesn't help when they don't tell you the passwords that were stolen. How the fuck should I know what to change? I've been using keepass for the last decade so even if they don't know which sites the breach is from, I could tell them myself.

How does the search function on HIBP work so fast?

>my "unique password" have been used +9000 times.

>I'm not entering any of my passwords anywhere
Your password has already been given.

which one?

hash tables

I do the same and I got banned from this one forum for "using a fake e-mail address". It was, as always, myname+shortservicename at mydomain dot tld. Some people are just retarded. Anyway, it's really useful. Not only do I know which site's the reason for a class of spam messages, I can also easily just drop particularly bad aliases. The downside is that I do sometimes get the same spam sent to multiple aliases.

How do I make hash table for the rockyou dictionary?

Some sites don't even treat + as a valid character because apparently whoever writes those validators has never seen an RFC before... but whatever, you can always just create a specific alias in those instances.