What's the purpose of a VPN when they are all monitored by the feds?

What's the purpose of a VPN when they are all monitored by the feds?

Attached: 1547487950519.jpg (1432x2023, 303K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Management_Engine
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMD_Platform_Security_Processor
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I can't work from home without one????????

i want to nakadashi yuzu-chan

Attached: speak_to_ponies.png (759x658, 588K)

You get entertainment and have more money left to spend by pirating shit?

it makes their monitoring less effective, more expensive, and more inconvenient for them.

how about the ones with servers hosted in other countries that aren't monitored like here?

Get a vpn in khazakstan

Attached: ef8352eed347d9d9de390af88b51d217.jpg (1169x826, 88K)

Companies use it all the time. It has less to do with "the feds" and more about securely connecting to your company. The company is the trusted source that provides a connection to its employees.

Outside of business use customers of VPN services "trust" the company to provide a connection to the web using a different IP address. I have a dynamic IP address but it doesn't change unless I use different hardware for the Internet access point. I may not want my favorite chinese cartoon imageboard to know my IP address (so I can shitpost). I may want to write a review of a shitty product or service and not have to worry about lawyers tracking me down for saying bad things. Some people just like the idea of web browsing without others knowing their IP address.

It isn't always about hiding from the feds or pirating. But it also isn't always about super serious stuff either.

hacking on minecraft servers.

>not pirating straight from your IP

Fucking pussy

No. Not my daughters!

Even if I wasn't dumb enough to actually use my own IP still good enough reason I don't torrent is because I don't want to leave my pc on three days straight to catch the actually half way decent download rates from seeders. That's why someone else downloads it for me.

How the fuck a VPN would download faster if the seeders are the same you dumb nigger

How are the feds monitoring the VPN I run on my server? This thread shows a lack of understanding of laws in different countries, encryption, logging, and what a VPN actually is and is meant to do in the first place. If you conflate VPNs and companies that sell VPN services your viewpoints on tech are instantly discarded

That happens when three conditions hold:
>fast link between you and the VPN server
>fast link between seeders and VPN server
>slow link between you and seeders
the internet being a complicated place with a lot of bottlenecks (especially when you have to cross an ocean), this is not uncommon.

you bastard

Your CPUs have a backdoor for them.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Management_Engine
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMD_Platform_Security_Processor

Attached: 1469318334627.jpg (427x427, 21K)

>Even if I wasn't dumb enough to actually use my own IP
Nothing wrong with that.
Unless you live in a police state with retarded shit like copyright isp notices and data caps i guess

You monster

you can safely browse the internet in public without being mitm'd by skids

This but unironically
Great answer. I miss having coworkers like this. I miss having co-workers at all actually.

I use amd fx

>when they are all monitored by the feds?
And you know this to be the case how?

it'd be stupid for them not to

>it'd be stupid for them not to
Solid proof.

do you think you're clever, glower

Attached: 1546454866985.gif (848x480, 263K)

Prevents your ISP from seeing how much of a degenerate you are since the traffic is encrypted.

>tfw can't post on Jow Forums wiht VPN active because all the IPs are banned :(

>What's the purpose of a VPN
To create a fucking network tunnel between site A and site B.
How would you access your home network without a VPN?
How would you access your company network without a VPN?

>bro, it can happen
>pretending this is in any way, shape or form proof of anything

Attached: 1542431395764.png (331x132, 40K)

*ahem*

Attached: 23454323454.png (154x165, 40K)

FUCK CIA

Work. It's also good for protection if you're being targeted by a harasser. Otherwise I would just use my non-VPN'd connection the majority of the time.

It allows for an encrypted transport to keep you safe from packet sniffing by local threats.

Attached: yuzu.png (530x530, 318K)

That's the reason why you don't use a private VPN which is located in the 14 eyes.

Also don't use a VPN for doing really bad shit. A VPN is only good for protecting you from copyright trolls, Netflix, geo blocking, open WLAN, and your ISP.

But if you try do do really bad stuff, where the government wants your ass in prison for the rest of your life, even the best VPN won't help you, because there are a lot of other ways to find you without even knowing your IP if you are the NSA or FBI.

Also using a VPN depends on your country. If you live in a shit hole where no one gives a fuck, you don't need a VPN. But if your country punishes you more for pirating one movie than "refugees" who "enrich" some women with "diversity" and men with acid, then you really need a VPN more than anything else if you use the internet.