I was wrong Applebros - I'm sorry

So for the past few years I've been using a Libreboot T400 that I picked up from mini free, until two weeks ago when the motherboard crapped the bed.

So I spent the weekend looking for a replacement -- I watched Rossman videos, read reviews and finally decided on a Thinkpad X1 Carbon. I headed to Best Buy and just for shits and giggles tried other laptops.

The X1 seemed solidly built, but what really caught my eye was the Pixelbook, it had a very nice handfeel, and surprisingly tactile keyboard, I thought just maybe I can run Crostini or Crouton on this guy and I'll be fine, but I kept walking.

Once I reached the MacBook display, it was all over, Just the smoothness of the animations, the god tier trackpad, the screen clarity -- it was like putting on glasses for the first time.

I bought it and now I will no longer be able to participate on /tpg/ threads, or apple-hate threads. To the Apple fans on this thread, I apologize you were right and I was stupid and just another case of sour grapes

Thank you for reading.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-01-18 at 4.28.25 PM.png (2880x1800, 912K)

Did it *haha* did it cost you *bahahah* cost you *ohnonono haha* an arm and a leg? *bahahahahhaha*

Attached: favabeans.jpg (1080x1023, 140K)

Friendly reminder that the keyboard breaks with a speck of dust, the kernel panics for seemingly no reason, the dust builds up due to poor design under the hood, and Apple will charge you easily over $300 to diagnose the laptop and god-knows-how much to actually fix it.

Cool story OP but you should know that News app is absolute dogshit, along with a few other freshly ported iOS apps that don’t belong at all on the Mac (Home, Voice Memos, and Stocks).

>T400 crashes
>turn to fag
You can't make this shit up

>the kernel panics for seemingly no reason

I’ve owned various Macs since 2005 and can count the number of times I’ve encountered a kernel panic on one hand. This was well before Apple started tightening restrictions on third-party kexts.

>reddit spacing
>homo
That makes sence

Attached: 1547070006730.jpg (248x459, 18K)

Hello, you appear to be suffering from a mental disorder. Seek help.

How do I unsubscribe

Hello, you appear to be suffering from a mental disorder. Seek help.

Delete your Reddit account.

Same thing happened to me except moving Android to iPhone. Makes me question everything I ever read on Jow Forums and other tech fan forums.

You gonna install Linux on it?

hownu.ru

happened all the time on Yosemite

No I'm going to use it as a thin client and ssh into a digital ocean droplet and work from there. OS X is GOAT when it comes to normie shit like shitposting on Jow Forums or watching anime.

THINKPADOFILES BTFO, HAHHAHA YES HAHAHAHAH -- BTFO, TAKE THAT. HHAHABA, GET FUCKING REKT YOU STUPID CASUALS HAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 08a77b4c211afc307838f826e19df873232e8f35_128.gif (128x128, 311K)

Macs are only bad until you compare them to the winshit chink trash you would have to use instead. Enjoy replacing the failing parts on your antique BIG BLACK thinkpads, anime losers.

>OS X is GOAT when it comes to normie shit like shitposting on Jow Forums or watching anime.
Unironically true, but still inexcusable unless you're a __secret normie__.

Attached: ryjnto.png (594x648, 152K)

>libre boot T400
You were already a faggot.

>your only choices are either ancient Thinkpads that are falling apart or the latest macbooks
What a poor bait

MacOS is the only OS that feels like it was made in 2018.

Attached: 1522726086132.jpg (5120x2880, 1.99M)

You must have missed the part where he looked at the X1 Carbon and Pixelbook.

Caring about how Jow Forums sees you isn't worth doing. Jow Forums is wrong about most things. They will gladly pay $400 for a ThinkPad that has the same specs as a $150 Elitebook. The Elitebook also allows you to change all your RAM without a screwdriver, while on the ThinkPad you need to remove the keyboard.
Jow Forums is retarded.

>You must have missed the part where he looked at the X1 Carbon and Pixelbook.
He handled them for a few minutes at Best Buy, hardly relevant. Not to mention Thinkpads aren't known for their screens and Pixelshit are memes

the macbook touchpad is godlike nothing can compare to its responsiveness and quality

Too bad apple only cares about iOS now and there are barely any people working on macOS.

The funny thing is that you can take a Mac user from 1985 and one from 2005, plop them both in front of Mojave, and they'd be just as home as they were before, because Apple is astoundingly competent at nailing UI fundamentals from the first version. Additional features are complementary rather than substitutive.

Meanwhile, Microsoft can barely go a year or two without remaking Windows for the nth time.

>Apple's side projects are more usable than the competition
Imagine if SystemD made a DE and GUI toolkit.

Don't forget the (unfortunate) fragmentation Linux has

If that were true, there wouldn't be major annual macOS updates as there have been since 2011. I'm upset with the inconsistency of Mac hardware refreshes more than anything else.

>mactards have to pay $3,000 for a 6-core Xeon from 2013
OH NO NO NO NO

underrated post

Spoiler: Most Mac users buy MacBooks and iMacs, not high-end Xeon workstations

>major updates
>adjust the theme according to the latest trends and add a few features nobody cares about

do what you got to do senpai.

Are you talking about the new Windows 10 release?

They aren't features you would use so who cares amirite? LMAO
Call me back when you can take a photo on your computer using your phone.

Attached: 1522552527360.gif (270x200, 277K)

POO

IN

LOO

Attached: 1543835882330.jpg (643x960, 255K)

>Call me back when you can take a photo on your computer using your phone.
I don't comprehend

Attached: 1521265163429.png (536x788, 137K)

Oh great, more features to lock you in the apple ecosystem

>a mactoddler subhuman thinks stealing airdroid is innovation
L
M
A
O

you’re welcome

>want to embed a photo or a scan of something in a document
>File > Import from iPhone > Take Photo / Scan Documents
>phone automatically wakes up and goes to the Camera app
>snap photos, edit accordingly, tap Done
>it automatically appears in the document on your Mac

I feel the same way OP. I dont like everything about macos, but in general the macbook pro I got from work feels amazing to work on. It feels like a fine tuned linux distro. I also understand that it is $3000 and not a good value for the average joe though.

ONE INFINITE LOO

Attached: 1520259082822.jpg (622x1079, 149K)

>So for the past few years I've been using a Libreboot T400 that I picked up from mini free, until two weeks ago when the motherboard crapped the bed.
well that was your first mistake. buying something from a mentally ill tranny who cut off their dick. next time find a good T400 on ebay for $60 and flash it yourself. instead you paid 5x the actual value for that machine. live and learn

Attached: 1545754810565.png (540x540, 206K)

Airdroid doesn't let your computer take a photo with your iPhone and directly place it in the application you're working on.
>b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but you can wirelessly send files
Keep coping
On top of that Airdroid is buggy garbage that almost never works for anything. It's the reason I got an iPhone in fact, because it was so unreliable.

Attached: 1537603111032.jpg (736x1035, 59K)

>being a Cuckdroid
>pay $20 a year for something you can do out-of-the-box for free on a Mac

Why do you keep replying to yourself street shitter?

Attached: 1519083490833.jpg (1087x727, 107K)

Fuck, I have one of those. I better sell if before it breaks, so that I do don't become a homosexual.

Attached: 1347159299127.gif (500x375, 1.44M)

Been using the same 2009 Macbook since it came out. Best laptop I've ever owned.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-01-18 at 7.47.00 PM.png (1280x800, 1.28M)

iOS is a fucking abortion. You can't go 20 minutes without iPhones shitting the bed in the most basic task.

Attached: 1542511376259.png (532x2612, 890K)

>I get my opinions from hysterical clickbait trash

interesting

>i shit in the street for a multinational megacorp

Attached: 1530931647960.png (813x1402, 369K)

My phone is an accessory to my computer. If it is difficult to interface my phone to my computer then it is a shitty phone. If Android could copy and paste between my phone and computer, or if I could actually manage my text messages and delete them from my computer, or if I could take photos/scan documents with my computer using my android phone, or if it would sync notifications between all of my devices, or if it would allow me to take and store RAW photos with selectable keyframes, etc.
If you care more about the phone you use rather than how your phone works with your main computer, you're probably a zoomer.

Attached: 1527420724494.jpg (600x338, 72K)

tldr
poo in loo street shitter

>Look Mom I posted it again!

I cant interface with an iphone without using apple's gay shit, so I'd rather not carry a phone in the first place.

>look mom i shat in the street again!

Attached: 1524065991549.png (2266x1626, 561K)

Imagine having to use a program to interface with your computer with your phone. LMAO Is it 2002?

Attached: 1524801030630.png (803x457, 61K)

Do the needful Sandeep.

Attached: dotheneedful.jpg (651x386, 56K)

Works on my Samsung™

ic, i do something similar with rsync automatically, ofc it doesn't embed

Attached: rsync.webm (810x720, 1.36M)

Do you even know who took the first street shit at One Infinite Loo?

Attached: 1532081638688.png (695x1614, 1.06M)

yea urmom lmao owned

>Android is b-

Attached: 1538755587591.png (296x292, 103K)

Diagnostics are free.

Restocking fees are the only cost with warranty coverage.

>he pays for GoyCare™

>going from having autism verifiably to having a double digit IQ this quickly
blue pilled and black pill*ing*

Attached: gigachad_thinkpad.jpg (758x644, 64K)

i wanna try to do that as well with mine.
How hot does the whole laptop get? i've already replaced the thermal paste on it but on High Sierra the macbook goes hot as shit

fpbp

I love the trackpad, but everything else is the same in high end laptops.

Worth upgrading to mojave from high sierra on a 2015 MB pro, or should i just stick with this?

mojave

here's why every apple user is a fucking retard:
>sees apple ads in TV about how user friendly macs are ("computers for the rest of us", aka for idiots)
>friends recommend apple products because they are apple uses themselves
>"minimalistic" design appeals to the retard, he can't predict that the materials used are designed to be so flimsy to break, also ignores how other products are more ergonomic to use since those aren't just slabs of aluminium
>compares $2000 applel product to the only other laptops he's ever used: $300 walmart trash and is amazed how ""premium"" apple is
>begins to use mac OS and since it's a bit more user friendly he believes it's the greatest thing ever
>now stuck in the apple ecosystem, has to buy a new model every 3 years because some of the hardware broke (planned obsolescence)
>likely a dumb poorfag so he has to take a loan just to buy the fucking computers
>even recommends apple to friends and tries to justify his position with unrealistic claims ("muh special functions only apple has", "I have a higher status in society if people see my computer", "it just werks", "muh special application NEEDS mac OS", "You're just oo poor to afford it and are jealous")

>worst of all, he doesn't even notice how much he has been cucked

tl;dr macfags are fucking retarded

Reminder to report the daily Apple shill threads.

This. It's the same ban evading pajeet making all these shitty threads.

Attached: 1544458968747.gif (600x338, 2.18M)

Hey everyone, let me tell you why Apple™ and its MacBook® brand of computers are the best. I cannot stop you from having a differing opinion, since it is perfectly legal to be wrong. But I can tell you what happened to me.

I was still a virgin at the age of 56, and I used Windows. I was overweight, ugly, smelled bad, my clothes were dirty, and I had an Android phone too. No one wanted to have a relationship with me, I had no friends, and my family disowned me. There were several job interviews that I went to that went no where, since they asked me to demo my skills, and I would pull out a Thinkpad instead of an Apple™ MacBook®. It was tough being an unemployed loser, but that all was about to change.

On a cold Saturday night, I was trying to get some sleep, but the newspapers I was covering myself with had gotten wet in the rain, and the park bench was very old and broken, and some of the wood was digging into my body. As I alternately dozed off and woke up in discomfort, I had a dream. The dream that was to change my entire life.

In the dream, I was sitting down and feeling quite blue, when the ghost of Steve Jobs® came to me, and poked me in the back. "You were meant for more than this, old man", he said to me. "What are you talking about, Steve®?" I replied. He sat down next to me, looked me in the eye, and said "This. All of this. The virginity. The homelessness. The jo- I mean the careerlessness. The android phone. You deserve so much better."

"But what am I supposed to, Jobs™? I cannot get work, and therefore I cannot buy superior Apple™ hardware to improve my lifestyle."

"Sin now," said the man, "and repent later." He gave me one final hard poke in the back, the took out a pair of cymbals. "You have my blessings. Go!" And then he clapped the cymbals together, hard.

I woke up to the peal of thunder, as the rain intensified above me. Rubbing my sore back, I knew what I had to do.

Attached: 1542733310722.gif (720x405, 2.59M)

I picked up a brick with rounded edges, and walked in the heavy rain towards the nearby Apple™ Store®. Heaven above forgive me for what I am about to do, but I was going to change my life for the better.

The glass of the Apple™ Store® was smashed, I dashed in, picked up the first two unsecured packages that I could find, then I dashed out. They had security cameras? I had Steve Jobs® blessing, and hopefully his protection too.

I ran. Oh Steve, how I ran! I ran for what seemed like an eternity. I ran until I was exhausted, and could run no more. Barely breathing, I stopped and hid in dark alley. After resting for a while, I peeked out to see if the alarm had been raised, or if the police had been summoned. But no, there was only the rain, and the thunder. A hundred yards back, I could still see the Apple™ Store® that I had burgled, with a large jagged hole in the glass. I was safe. The packages were in my hands. The deed was done.

Come morning, I went to a mall, and sold my Thinkpad ($35, nice resale value, when compared to Apple™ MacBook®) and my Android. In the two packages that I had pirated from the Apple™ Store®, I had found a Macbook® and an iPhone. I bought a razor, and soap, but I saved the remainder of the $$$, and pirated a new shirt and jeans.

I shaved. I bathed. I put on the new clothes. I put the iPhone in my pocket, and I felt 20lbs lighter. I _looked_ 20lbs lighter. I remember reading on a tumblr blog that obesity is a social construct, and that I had laughed when I read it. Now I had the evidence that it is true.

Now Jow Forums, you may not believe me, but that day my life changed. It was a rebirth, a reincarnation. I had walked into the mall a decrepit, fat, smelly, neckbearded Windows user, and walked out a manly, macho stud. I looked better, I smelled better, I was more confident than I had ever been when I had had an Android phone, and I felt GREAT! Noticing a Starbucks nearby, I felt drawn to it. I headed there.

At Starbucks, I ordered a latte. Sitting down at a table, I took out my Apple™ MacBook®, and nearly cried. The intuitiveness, Jow Forums, the creativeness, the sheer bliss of a unified ecosystem! My God! Where was all this all my life? I started reading about programming, and how to develop apps for the iPhone using Apple's Swift. It was... it was just great, Jow Forums. It was the best day of my life.

The waitress came with my latte. She was a real qt. I knew I looked attractive when she asked me: "Are you a homosexual?" I smiled at her, and replied "No, not at all. And even if I was, that would have changed after meeting you." She laughed. I laughed. We talked. We kissed. We went home (her place, I had no place) that night.

Turns out that she was studying to get into Computer Science, and that she aspired to be a game developer. We have a loving relationship now, and I know I want to marry her, because I want no one else to carry my babies.

These days, I make iOS apps for a living, while enjoying life with my beautiful SO. When I think back on the Windows-using loser that I once was, I feel sad at my wasted years. I am proud of myself, and my success. In just 1 week, I made enough $$$ from my iOS apps that I could go back to the Apple™ Store® that I had burgled, and I fixed the broken glass, and paid for the items that I had pirated from them.

It is now time, Jow Forums, time to be mature, to be successful, to be attractive. Ditch the Windows machine you have, and the Android. Hop on over to the magical side. It does not matter how ugly or fat you are now... with Apple™, you can have a new lifestyle! Be the person you have always wanted to be!

Thanks to Apple's great piece of engineering, the MacBook® really changed my life. Thanks Apple!

Attached: 1540173929280.png (1476x1348, 1.57M)

Attached: 1543940735913.png (794x1123, 925K)

Attached: 1539402751615.jpg (800x2500, 845K)

>iShill iShit™

Attached: 1544502489445.png (1903x1070, 784K)

Attached: AppleQueers.png (753x834, 504K)

iToy LE (Loo Edition)

Attached: 1546546812148.jpg (650x888, 77K)

>Once I reached the MacBook display, it was all over, Just the smoothness of the animations, the god tier trackpad, the screen clarity -- it was like putting on glasses for the first time.
I'm not even a long-term Applefag and I've always felt the same. their attention to detail and general taste are just leagues above competitors. Especially in laptops.

Their walled garden/make choices for you approach is a definite annoyance though. And there is a bit too much skeumorphic residue in the iOS design for my taste.

@69425180
Why do you keep replying to yourself street shitter?

Welcome aboard. I got a macbook pro with an i7 and a touchbar yesterday, my boss bought it for me since I'll be working on embedded systems as well as ios apps to monitor the said systems. I threw my thinkpad in the trash right after getting that macbook I'm never going back.

based

i have never seen so many gays, your dick moms and vagina fathers together

Attached: 1546748557983.png (1148x715, 1.39M)

Nice blog shill user, now bye

Seriously.

I was a windows/linux/Android guy.

Ive fucking had it with bot nets and shit.

Moving full family to ios and debotting windows. Would love to switch to mac but pc gayman....

Attached: 4p8iyd60s4nz.jpg (640x789, 47K)

If you use chrome DONT use chrome. I've had my Macbook for 4 years this year, everything is great but I'm noticing a slowdown in Chrome. Using safari now (always preferred chrome for some reason) and it's actually way smoother and faster and so obviously more Mac-like, I almost want to kill myself for not using it more sooner. Doesn't support webms but that's the only 'flaw'

this is true

I have a macbook. It's just fucking godtier. I feel like every laptop I've had before it was made by a company that didn't give a shit about any of it. They didn't care about the hardware, the software, the touchpad, the ... fucking anything. I don't like the closedness of Apple but holy shit, they're like the only ones that meet my minimum bar of caring.

>using Safari
Now you're going too fucking far.

bitch i used since 10.1 panic a lot